Anyone have an unplanned BFP? How did you tell your OH/DH?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Anyone have an unplanned BFP?

How did you tell your partner? And how did they react?

Yes. I couldn't tell him face to face because we both didn't want any more as we have 3 boys and a small two bedroom house and only 5 seater company car.
I text him, he didn't take it well. Wanted me to terminate, but i just couldn't. He pretty much just avoids me now. Its really hard. He a really lovely person normally and a great dad but the way things are going I'll probably end up being a single mum if he keeps pushing me away. Its breaking my heart.
Sorry for the sob story, i haven't told any of my family or friends yet.

:hugs: so sorry you're having to go through that misscalais.

I told FOB over text, it took him until DD was four months old to come to terms with the fact he was now a Dad. He begged me to terminate, but I couldn't do that. He's now a good Dad to her don't get me wrong, but it did take time.

I think it's different in every situation tbh, some people take unexpected news better than others. You never know, he might be shocked but thrilled. :)

I did. I was meant to be infertile.
I told him on the phone after taking a test in starbucks. I was terrified and crying.

He reacted well, calmly. He was scared but for my sake didn't let it show.

I was meant to be infertile.
For the next few weeks we debated on abortion, I couldn't do it. We had a long discussion and he told me his fears (we're both 23, in final year of studies.) After much discussion we worked out a plan and how we could do this.

We eventually decided to keep our baby and he's been wonderful since. I'm 8 weeks now and very very excited. I can't wait for the baby to be here.

I have had three unplanned pregnancies.
Our first, I text him a photo of the test... He was 3000 miles away and had just gotten off of leave from the military. Our son and this pregnancy, I handed him the tests. His reactions have varies but he's being great now.
So sorry for those that are having a hard time:(

I have just found out I am pregnant with #4! Very unplanned. I have just been offered a promotion at work but haven't been there long enough to qualify for leave or have a job to go back to unless my boss suddenly decides to be very understanding. Our house is big enough but we will need a new car. We both knew this was a possibility but it was still scary having to tell my husband!! I don't know how we will be able to cope financially. It doesn't quite sem real yet. Hopefully after the first scan it will :-D

My husband wasn't sure he wanted any more children . He has dealt with it pretty pretty well. I just told him that day when he came home from work lol

Itsychik OMG wow we are at it again ;) congrats!!

Now this one we were NTNP but I have had a couple not planned blessing in my time. I just tried to laugh about it and seems to have helped me in the past. I was able to lighten the mood that way. It didn't stop him from having some momentary shock afterwards, and then the whole man thing that they don't think we can handle another yadda yadda, but he has always come around.

I hope that you figure out the right way to tell yours. <3 GL

My first one was unplanned but he was wonderful with the news. When I told him at first he was unphased with it, then it sunk in and he was thrilled. My second one wasnt planned but not totally a surprise either and he was so tickled he picked me up and twirled me around. He's been great. I'm sorry to hear about some of these OH reactions from you girls, it's absolutely horrible that some act like that. I couldn't imagine! :/

We have a 6 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. I have the mirena.. or had the mirena. Gynae said it's either perforated my uterus or fallen out, but he can't find it.
Dh told me he thought I was pregnant, he bought a test, it was a blazing positive. He sat on the bathroom floor and laughed and laughed. I was in shock. He definitely didn't want another baby, I'm 37, he's 42. But I'm super excited and he's still unsure. Lol! But termination would never have been an option for either of us.

I threw the test at him and told him it was his fault lol.

I did, this pregnancy was unplanned, we were a little silly though and used withdrawel method thinking I had ovulated 2 weeks before hand. (ovulated 2 weeks late according to scan dates).
I called hubby into the bathroom and handed him the test. knowing how I feel about abortions in situation like ours he said, we'd cope but i'm getting the snip.
he knows how to make me laugh, He has his consultant appointment next month for it.

I called hubby on his lunch break crying and told him. He had text me asking if I was pregnant as I said I felt sick. So I tested. Thought he wouldn't be so shocked as he suggested it but turns out he was joking. He wanted to abort but knew I would resent him so the best bet was to have the baby. ..he's 8 weeks now and we all adore him. Hubby headed for the snip now though!

This pregnancy was very much unplanned. I had told him 6 days after the last time we "did the deed" that I suspected I was pregnant. but because that was during an ER visit due to severe sciatic pain, and I was tested by the doctor on call (just a urine test, I can tell this story another time) Anyway all was negative and my husband just kinda, I don't know, didn't believe me.

Anyway, 13 days later, there it was, the BFP, and I kind of shoved t in his face and told him "I'm pregnant" of course he doubted the positive, much like my mother and I ended up retesting 2 times. BFP every time. The continued to doubt until confirmed by a doctor.

SO yeah, just shoved it in his face. LOL. We did a cute pregnancy announcement for everyone else.

I called hubby on his lunch break crying and told him. He had text me asking if I was pregnant as I said I felt sick. So I tested. Thought he wouldn't be so shocked as he suggested it but turns out he was joking. He wanted to abort but knew I would resent him so the best bet was to have the baby. ..he's 8 weeks now and we all adore him. Hubby headed for the snip now though!

how long was it before he got the date for the snip. hubby has his consultant appointments beginning of October and he's worried that the date they'll give him will clash with when baby is due.

Ours was unplanned. We felt we weren't ready yet as we like our luxurious holidays and dinners out....it was something that we were thinking about for the next 2-3 years. The decision was taken out of our hands and luckily we are both thrilled! He had the biggest goofy smile on his face when I told him! He was a bit more broody than me - he's 36 and I'm 32. I still don't feel massively maternal but I feel like I have a lot of love for my little girl in my tummy :)

This pregnancy was completely unplanned. We had been talking about adding another one some time within the next year, or at least trying for one in the next year, now that our son was creeping up on 2. Over Memorial Day we spent a drive from South Florida to Atlanta just randomly chatting about baby names and other kiddie related stuff, not so much even discussing trying.

Low and behold my period never showed its face in July and on a hunch, I took a test. Walked back into the bedroom with it and said "So what were those names you liked again?" Handed him the blazing positive, and watched him smile and go "Oh... F@^%." Catch himself and go "In a good way! In a good way!" He's absolutely over the moon even though he's turning 39 in a couple weeks and I'm about to cross over to 28 exactly 20 days after him. He wants a snip now because this baby equals 5 for him.

They won't let him have the snip. We have 3 kids and each pregnancy more risky. I get pnd and he didn't want three kids. They day he will find someone else and want more! So going to a clinic to find people who will agree

They won't let him have the snip. We have 3 kids and each pregnancy more risky. I get pnd and he didn't want three kids. They day he will find someone else and want more! So going to a clinic to find people who will agree

They're denying him a snip with THREE kids?! Holy cow! Have you thought about having a C-Section and having them tie your tubes at the same time?

They're denying him a snip with THREE kids?! Holy cow! Have you thought about having a C-Section and having them tie your tubes at the same time?
We have 3 and they said no to my husband too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->