Anyone have experience with dental crowns? Advice?

I had to have a couple of root canals which require crowns to protect them afterwards. It's not really all that painful. They do numb you. I had to take Aleve the day I had it done as when they messed with the gum it got inflamed, but after that day was fine.

I have a gold crown (no idea why I have it if im honest). It wasn't painful to have done but was done over several appointments. Never had any probs and Ive had it for a couple of years now x

From my understanding they will grind all of my teeth down at once, design the crowns, and then I will go back and have them all placed onto my teeth.

I am not sure how long the entire process will take. I believe it will take 1-2 weeks for them to design the crowns themselves and of course a few hours placing them on. I would prefer only a week considering the fact I don't want to walk around with my teeth looking like that for a week. My teeth look good right now, the cavaties are all in the very back and the small stains I have on my front bottom teeth you can't see unless you're very close to me. I have big lips so my bottom teeth aren't seen anyways - even when I smile. THANKFULLY.

Thanks for your input. Do you remember the cost at all?

They put temporary crowns on while they make the permanent ones, so it doesn't look odd and you can still eat. One I had way in the back kept falling off, but once they got the permanent one on it was fine.

One of my best friends has had a few crowns done - they look great and she hasn't had any issues. The biggest problems for her were the appointments as each crown required several office visits in a short period of time and the cost. In the US, even with her dental insurance (which pretty much only covers preventative care), they were just under $1k each.

I don't want to be insensitive, but one other point to consider is are you in recovery? While crowns can't be damaged by decay, the tooth that it's bonded to can be which can shorten the life of the crown. It's a large cost so it would be unfortunate to see continued damage. I do hope your are well!

One of my best friends has had a few crowns done - they look great and she hasn't had any issues. The biggest problems for her were the appointments as each crown required several office visits in a short period of time and the cost. In the US, even with her dental insurance (which pretty much only covers preventative care), they were just under $1k each.

I don't want to be insensitive, but one other point to consider is are you in recovery? While crowns can't be damaged by decay, the tooth that it's bonded to can be which can shorten the life of the crown. It's a large cost so it would be unfortunate to see continued damage. I do hope your are well!

We will see what the dentist recommends. The cavaties are all small anyways so hopefully they will stick. I know I have a lifetime warranty on the crowns but would rather not be in every single few months getting a replacement! :dohh:

I brush my teeth 3x a day very well, it was bulimia that gave me cavaties.

I had a root canal recently, and they had to drill away quite a fair bit of tooth. I had a temporary filler put in and they did a cast for my crown. I chose porcelain as it was visible when I smiled. I went private and paid £450 although could've got it cheaper if NHS. But they do gold which I personally, didnt fancy.

I had to go back and the dentist completed the root canal and fitted my crown. It was a perfect fit and they literally cement it on and maybe take an X-ray, then it's done. At first when they initially push it in, it can feel sore but after a while you get used to it.

Now, three months later, I forget I even have it. My dentist did a great job.

This is awhile since you originally posted about going to Germany to have all your teeth crowned, but I am very curious to know how it worked out? I have also been advised to get all my teeth crowned and it seems way too expensive, so I am looking into experiences of going abroad for this procedure? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->