Anyone have someone really difficult to buy for?

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
I NEVER know what to get my dad.

He actually had the cheek last Christmas Day to say 'but there's loads of stuff I want' after we confessed we struggled with his pressies.. WHY NOT ENLIGHTEN US THEN?!! :dohh:

I hate buying for oh and his dad. Oh made me a list this year after I threatened I'd be in a mood till next Christmas if he didn't. OHS dad has had a case of beer every year for the last 6 years.

Eta: my mother. She is the worst. Me and my brother used to get her lush bits and lots of fancy toiletries, nice scarf, socks etc. Last year she came round with this huge box and asked me if u wanted anything from it. Apparently she saves all her nice bits for " special occasions" . I threatened most of the bits out while she sat there saying but I only used it once...... Yes. ... 4 years ago.

My brother in law 😣 even my sister struggles to buy for him.

OH!
He talks about how he loves surprises but literally everything he wants he either owns or can't afford (meaning I can't afford it either :lol:). He's massively into his comics and stuff but I know he'd not really appreciate any of these mass produced Marvel/DC gifts. He loves anything unusual or rare but if I tried I just know I'd get the wrong thing :dohh::dohh:
I haven't got him a thing yet and I know he's bought me loads :blush::cry: I'm so stuck.

Yes! My aunt, cousin and her daughter. They are all so wealthy that they go get whatever they want when they want it. Whenever I ask the daughter, who is 10, what she'd like, she can't come up with a thing bc she already has everything. But I want to buy for them bc they usually go overboard buying for me and my daughter. I'm already finished with everyone, except those 3 people.

My nan! Nightmare, shes only really interested in cigarettes which I refuse to buy. Anything else we buy she gives away, I bought flowers for her bday and she put them in the pantry (to keep them cool!! 😠) this year shes having a framed photo of DS

My man, he's into aftershaves,beer designer clothes, but he has so many of all lol I've bought him a pair of dc trainers, some smellies and will get him some sweeties lol I'm thinking of also getting him an iPhone 5 xx

I Have NO idea what I am going to get my dad for Christmas :dohh: he is usually the easiest but this year. OMG lol. His birthday was just November 6th and i got him a pre paid Credit card.. But I don't usually do Cash or gift cards for Christmas :dohh:

My IL's want for nothing. Considering getting them a voucher to go out for dinner.

My parents, who give poor ideas like my mum wanting only wanting slippers, my sis and I are hardly going to give her one each!

TBH I find all adults hard to buy for, hence we decided to stop buying for our siblings with kids, just get the kids something. Tbh its nothing to do with mine more to do with hating having to come up with ideas.

My sister in law, she has extremely sensitive skin meaning no nice bath products, if you buy her food she just gives it to her grown up children. I don't know what kind of dvds etc she likes. I once bought her pj's for her birthday with the help of her daughter who at that point still lived at home and six months later when her daughter and I went out for the night and I got changed in her room I saw the pj's laying unopened on a chest of drawers.

FIL and his wife for the same reason as a PP said. He's so wealthy he has everything he wants already and there's nothing left to buy him. The same with his wife.

My OH and my dad!

When I ask what my dad wants it ranges from ridiculously cheap (a key ring or a packet of jelly babies) to ridiculously expensive (sat nav or a new phone) - never anything in our price bracket! He loves watches but my mum usually buys him a watch or watch related things (he got a display unit for them one year - yes he does have that many watches! It's ridiculous lol!)

My OH is similar, Xbox games are the best bet but he usually trades in a bundle of old games to get a new one, or trades in a game really fast after release so he still gets a decent amount of credit towards a new game. I bought him vouchers for a game shop once which he liked but wanna do something different. He hates money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->