Anyone have success getting pregnant with long/irregular cycles?? Please give me hope

JeanJean

Reaction score
I have long and irregular cycles since coming of BCP 6 months ago..ranging from 43-70 days.

Anyone out there get BFP while having long cycles like this? Please share your storey with me and give me some hope. Also what cd did get get preggo on?

have you been tested for pcos?

sorry i dont have any success stories for you, but you should get checked out. long/irregular cycles screams pcos to me.

Dr. believes it from coming off the pill since my cycles were regular prior to being on the pill so just waiting it out for a bit to see if they get back to normal.

my doctors told me the same thing when i came off the pill and had wonky cycles for a year or so after. she said it was normal. then low and behold 4 years later and my cycles are still wonky... oh looky there, pcos!

i guess give it a couple more months but if nothing happens you should get testing done, but pcos gets worse as you get older so if you started bcp when you were fairly young (teens) then that doesnt mean that you didnt have pcos before, it just doesnt get bad until later, for most anyways. my periods were fairly regular in hs, i cycled every month... then going off bcp i didnt cycle for almost a year, and after that it was every 3-6 months, then it would regulate more for a bit then go back to long time in between.

Hey Jean Jean
I had very long irregular cycles since I was 14, i'll be 27 in a month.
My cycles ranged from 3 to 9 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS and was put on clomid. First month on clomid I got my BFP after over 2 and half year trying. I really don't believe I could have done it on my own, as I did not ovulate on my own. GL

Thanks kiwi!! and congrats!! thats so exciting!..so does clomid help have a period or help ovulate?

It helps you ovulate. I took mine cd2-cd6.

Ahh ok thanks! Was there a certain test the dr does to know for sure if I ovulate or not? or just me doing ovulation strips?

I went for blood work on CD 3 and CD 21. CD 3 bloods were to check your hormones and CD 21 was to check for ovulation...my hormones were out of wack and I did not ovulate...that's how he knew I had PCOS. He immediately put me on metformin and I waited for a HSG (checking the tubes for blockage) and once that was cleared I was given clomid. It was a year process to finally get the clomid.

Clomid did the trick for me too. My cycles were so irregular, I had no idea when I was ovulating. I would go for months without a period, it was horrible. I got preggy on my 4th cycle of clomid.

Thank for the reply Cheerrios! I have a doctors appointment next week.:)

Hey, just to let you know when I came off the pill (was on it for about 12 years) I had long cycles. I came off the pill when I got married in September 2010 and didn't get my first period until 1 Jan 2011. My cycles were about 40 days long however I did start to recognise when I was ovulating so that helped.

I also started taking B complex vitamin, evening primrose and agnus cactus. I got pregnant in June 2011, so it was effective 10 months after I came off the pill that I got pregnant.

I didn't go back on the pill after I had my son and I still had longer than normal cycles however I did get pregnant when he was 9 months old and I now have a 2 year old and a 6 month old :happydance:

I defo think that the pill does wreck havoc with some peoples cycles and I was one of them, I also read up on it a lot at the time and that is why I started taking the vitamins as apparently the pill depletes your b vitamins.

Also I had pretty bad symptoms when I came off it and said I would never go back on it, however with 2 so young I have had no choice to go back on it until I get the coil fitted.

So fingers crossed it will happen pretty soon for you, do you at least know when you are ovulating? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->