Anyone have success with dual trigger???

stellagirl

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

IVF Newbie Here. Here's a little backstory: I started stimming on 4/22. I was expecting to trigger on Friday 5/1 but after my U/S, my RE decided to keep me on stims for one more day (I had 11 follies at this time but I think he figured I'd grow a few more). Well, I went in on 4/23 for bloodwork and U/S and to our surprise – I now had 25 follies with numerous little ones that could grow by retrieval! So, to help avoid THE THING that I was always the most terrified of (OHSS), they switched my trigger from the original plan (10000 of HCG) to a dual trigger. My E2 levels were normal – around 2000.

I triggered last night with 1000 HCG and 20iu of Lupron.

I have been trying to find success stories by using this method of lower HCG and the addition of the lupron shot but I haven't had any luck. :cry:

Anyone use this approach with success? I have my retrieval tomorrow so I'm hoping for a little bit of extra hope. xox :hugs:

I had my egg retrieval on 4.23 and triggered with both 5000 units of HCG and Lupron (can't remember how much). At my retrieval they got 18egs, 17 mature and 10 fertilized through ICSI, I think I had about 25 or so mature follies also. I had one 4BB 5 day blast transferred last Monday, and got my first BFP this morning at 6dp5dt. Good luck to you! I got a VERY mild case of OHSS anyway, but it was so worth it! Lemme know how it goes!

I had my egg retrieval on 4.23 and triggered with both 5000 units of HCG and Lupron (can't remember how much). At my retrieval they got 18egs, 17 mature and 10 fertilized through ICSI, I think I had about 25 or so mature follies also. I had one 4BB 5 day blast transferred last Monday, and got my first BFP this morning at 6dp5dt. Good luck to you! I got a VERY mild case of OHSS anyway, but it was so worth it! Lemme know how it goes!

Hi Wannabemom15! Thanks for sharing! I had my retrieval on Monday and it went really well. I was only slightly sore but very tired. I am still really tender around the abdomen (maybe my enlarged ovaries?) but for the most part, I feel ok. The doctor gave me Cabergoline pills to help prevent OHSS further. I ended up having 12 mature eggs and 10 fertilized! We're planning on a 5 day transfer. How are you doing?! :hugs:

I am doing great! The last few days have been crazy! I had my blood work done wed and today, and we are officially pregnant! My beta levels were at 148 on wed and 350 today! I can't believe it! I hope you are feeling better! Do you know when you will be doing a transfer and how many you will be putting back?

I am doing great! The last few days have been crazy! I had my blood work done wed and today, and we are officially pregnant! My beta levels were at 148 on wed and 350 today! I can't believe it! I hope you are feeling better! Do you know when you will be doing a transfer and how many you will be putting back?

Eeeek!!! Wannabemom15 so so SOOOO happy for you! Congratulations! Oh goodness – you must be over the moon! :cloud9:

I had my day five transfer yesterday. It went well! We transferred a single 7AA embie. The doctor called it a perfect embryo – Fingers crossed that he/she sticks!

Now… we wait. Feels weird waiting after so much nonstop. I'm not going to lie though… It's really nice having a little down time.

How are you feeling? Any updates since your last post? Again, so thrilled for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->