Anyone having Harmony Test?

Bonnie11

Where's the Stork?
Reaction score
Any of you ladies going for the Harmony test? I was in 2 minds... it's not cheap. Saw my midwife today and she said have the 3 month scan first and if there is a high risk then have it then..

Is anyone else going for it?

I had it done. But I'm high risk - 35, diabetic, hypertensive. Pregnant with my 3rd. Results came back low risk for genetic abnormalities and says I baby is female. Won't know until next month if it's accurate or not.

Thanks for your reply. Apart from being 35 I have no other risk factors so think I will wait and see what 3 month scan says. Good luck x

Thanks for your reply. Apart from being 35 I have no other risk factors so think I will wait and see what 3 month scan says. Good luck x

I'm considering it too but also waiting to see what happens after my 12 week scan. I should be low risk apart from my age (36) It wasn't something I worried about when I was pregnant with my first, I was 30 at the time but I've looked at the odds at 36 compared to age 30 and it scares me a little.

Sarah xxx

I'm not sure if I'll be offered it, whether they do at my local hospital but if they do I probably will. I'm 40, 41 in march so I guess I'm high risk. However I would only use results as a way of preparing myself for anything.

Natnee not sure if you are in U.K. But if so it's only available privately. Costs around £380-450. 99% accurate for a number of genetic abnormalities as well as downs. They are bringing it out on the NHS but not for at least another year or 2.

Sarah that's kind of how I feel too, I'm not really concerned as such but spoke to my midwife and said although 35+ does increase chance slightly it's pretty minimal, it's 40+ That the number get higher but I think I will wait to see what the 3 month results are and if I am higher risk I will have it then. A few of my friends have had it done recently (a couple of them 40+) and none have shown any problems...

I wish! I asked about it my last pregnancy and my dr said it wasnt done unless you were high risk, which I wasnt, and if I wanted to have it done insurance probably wouldnt cover it, so I didnt do it. I'm going to ask again this pregnancy because I will have a different dr but it will be the same hospital and same insurance, so I doubt I will be able to have it done :( If I could I would tho! Mostly for the gender

Natnee not sure if you are in U.K. But if so it's only available privately. Costs around £380-450. 99% accurate for a number of genetic abnormalities as well as downs. They are bringing it out on the NHS but not for at least another year or 2.

Sarah that's kind of how I feel too, I'm not really concerned as such but spoke to my midwife and said although 35+ does increase chance slightly it's pretty minimal, it's 40+ That the number get higher but I think I will wait to see what the 3 month results are and if I am higher risk I will have it then. A few of my friends have had it done recently (a couple of them 40+) and none have shown any problems...

Yes I'm in Kent! My local hospital was/is offering it. I googled just after I posted that post and found reference to them offering it as a trial, but that was a couple of years ago so not sure now.

Ahh ok would be interesting if they are! Or maybe they are slowly rolling it out in different areas? My mw said it wouldn't be available where we are for at least a year but plenty of private clinics

I've got my booking in appointment on Thursday, maybe I'll ask then.

I'm doing the Panorama test, which is similar. I'll be 33 when I give birth and I'm not really high-risk, but I was concerned. My doctor's office doesn't offer much in the way of testing, no NT scan, so I had to push for this. I'm really hoping it gives me some peace of mind.

I had my bloods taken for harmony test on Wednesday. I am high risk for trisomy 13.
My doctor gave me to option to get the harmony testing pack direct from the lab and one of the midwifes at my local hospital took the blood and sent it back, only cost £283 doing it this way xx

It was mentioned to me at my booking in appointment with me yesterday about having it if the combined scan/bloods came out high.

Just to update, I have booked my Harmony test, having it done along with a scan this Sunday.

Sarah xxx

Yes I'm in Kent! My local hospital was/is offering it. I googled just after I posted that post and found reference to them offering it as a trial, but that was a couple of years ago so not sure now.

I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to add OP, I just wanted to say hi fellow Kent lady! :flower:

those of you that are planning to go through with the test, just keep in mind that it is screening only. it is not diagnostic. If it comes back positive, it does NOT necessarily mean there is something wrong with baby. It just confirms you are at higher risk. In that case, additional testing may be desired to know for sure - such as an amnio which IS diagnostic. This test is nice because it's non-invasive so there is no risk to baby and it's quick and easy. It did give me piece of mind and I love that I know the gender this early. I'm just hoping it's very accurate lol. If not, we have a boy name picked but it will be difficult to get over the disappointment as I've started bonding with this baby as a female.

Good luck to all of you ladies! H&H Pregnancy!

I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to add OP, I just wanted to say hi fellow Kent lady! :flower:

Ah hello!!

Amz are you in the U.K.? I haven't heard of anyone getting it through their doc, will investigate!

Jajuly it's supposed to be 99% accurate. Obviously amnio/cvs is 100% but hopefully all will be well with you! Xx

Amz are you in the U.K.? I haven't heard of anyone getting it through their doc, will investigate!

Jajuly it's supposed to be 99% accurate. Obviously amnio/cvs is 100% but hopefully all will be well with you! Xx

Yes, I've read that it was 99% accurate as well. however I researched it online and read a few stories from women who said that the test indicated they were at high risk for genetic abnormality only to find out later that baby was just fine and did not have any problems. So I just wanted to remind people this test is not diagnostic. When I spoke to the geneticist prior to having the test done, that was drilled into my head.

Yes I am in Scotland. My doctor let the lab in London know I was going to phone and order a harmony kit and they posted it out to me and I took it into my local maternity hospital on wed and had my blood drawn. I've not paid yet but the lab will bill me directly and they told me it will be £283 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->