Anyone having issues with itching?

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
I’m 19 weeks tomorrow and I have what looks like eczema all down one side of my body, it’s extremely itchy and I’m scratching so much it’s breaking the skin and bleeding. It started off as a small patch on my right side and i was using ointments with no relief. Its now developed into a larger area of eczema and spread to my arms and elbows. Could probably deal with it if it was just that but this last week I have had really itchy feet and hands to the point it is now driving me up the wall with the extreme itching!! I went to the doctors today because I cannot stand another day of this she gave me creams and oilatum to shower with. Plastered myself with this cream which is supposed to settle the itch but I can’t stop myself scratching long enough for the cream to stay on. Hoping this oilatum bath helps later. Anyone else had this? and if so what did you find helpful for the itching?

Sounds like it could be PUPPPS. I would call your doctor and see what they recommend you to take. I had this and it sucked. I know I took benedryl to lessen the symptoms but the only way it went away was giving birth. You might have something else but it seems like your doctor gave you ointment. I did that too and it didn't work. You might need to call back and ask about oral medication.

Sounds like it could be PUPPPS. I would call your doctor and see what they recommend you to take. I had this and it sucked. I know I took benedryl to lessen the symptoms but the only way it went away was giving birth. You might have something else but it seems like your doctor gave you ointment. I did that too and it didn't work. You might need to call back and ask about oral medication.

What’s that? Never heard of that before? What a shame, That sounds horrible. It’s the itching it’s unbearable! It seems to be worse at night time. Only thing that relieves the itching for a short while is a really hot bath/shower. I seen my doctor today I was given zerobase cream and oilatum to shower with. She has suggested I have bloods done to check my liver and sugar levels so I’m booked in for that next week. I will ask the doctor about this. Thanks for your reply.

PUPPPS is a rash that causes itching. Most common in boy pregnancies or if you carry big (both in my case). Its not dangerous but I itched from 22+ weeks until I had my son at 38 weeks. With my second I ended up with Colstasis which is a liver issue that also causes unbearable itching and ended up being induced early because its dangerous to the baby and to the mother. So yea, I get the itching. The colstasis is why she wants to check your liver (bile salt levels) but I would ask her what dosage of benedryl you can take. Its totally safe during pregnancy and will help some.

EDITED TO ADD:

I tried everything to relieve the itching... oatmeal baths (only helped while in the bath) hot/warm baths/showers, calamine lotion, special soap with black tar (didn't work), etc. The only thing that helped was Benedryl. That was with the PUPPPS.

With Colstasis I was put on a special medication that kinda worked but I wasn't officially diagnosed until I was 36 weeks and I was induced 5 days later.

GL and I hope you can find some relief.

Hi jamiesmummy22
How u been not seen u on here in Ages I'm 24 wks today. X

Hi chezzer, I’m ok thanks, been pre occupied with other things. How are you doing? Wow already it’s going in fast!! x

Ugh! I just posted a thread for something similar to this!:laugh2: My body has been so itchy lately as well! Especially inside my ears at night. Also dry skin & scalp. Its become very annoying to deal with. Although I haven't found anything that helped me besides temporary relief from using oils and lotion...I also haven't gotten any rashes or markings from it, its just a really bad itchy feeling. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the gender your going to be having(?)

I have eczema and mine has been SO bad! From ankle to my hip bone, and few spots on my belly, once on my wrist. Its getting a little better but same. It itches like crazy and bleeds a lot! I keep forgetting to ask my doctor about it. I have had eczema my whole like but very mildly teenage/adult years, this time its worse then ever before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->