Anyone here a obgyn sonographer/us tech ?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Just have random question bout my 8 week scan...I'll have to find a site to load video to to post link here...but just wanted to see if anyone can look at it before I go through all trouble lol

If it is something simple, I could ask my husband to take a look. He is a family doctor in his last year of residency. They require them to do quite a bit of OB for his training. He isn't trained in doing the scans (they have a tech do them), but can basically understand what he sees.

Oh well I know I'm Just being crazy lol so thanks for looking

But it's just that it looks like something more ( like under the visible baby and sac) and seems to me like a lot of space in uterus for one baby ....

Justa twin moms paranoia :rofl: :blush:

I do have spontaneous frat twin boys already...and she was only scanning for like not even 2 mins and she was done..she's a very in and out tech... didn't even point stuff out

Here is vid link and then also few screen shots of what I'm talking about...

https://vimeo.com/229638863?ref=em-share

Attachments

• IMG_7528.jpg
    IMG_7528.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7529.jpg
    IMG_7529.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 29
I'll show him this afternoon when he is home from work.

I know he knows enough to basically tell women what they are looking at and could fully follow my last scan over the techs shoulder (he was very annoyed when the tech kept focusing on my ovaries haha), but would check with an Ob for anything odd, but he might be able to give an opinion.

Lol thanks again...I just know with my twins and singleton they didn't have this much black space so that in itself is weird to me

What is the question mark for? Did you add that or did she? I'm assuming you did, but just thought I should ask. I just went and looked at my own ones from 7 and 8 weeks. The 7 week one looks very much like yours here with a lot of open space in the gestational sac and just baby off to one side. In my 8 week one, there is less space and baby is a bit more central and takes up more of the sac. I know you can have a large gestational sac. I wonder if it was because she was rushed and didn't take the time to get a better shot that it gives the appearance of a relatively large sac. My 7 week one was really rushed and just abdominal, but the 8 week one was more extensive and was vaginal and in that case they were specifically looking for the cause of the bleeding I was having. I suspect because of that, she took more care and got a better view and maybe that is the case here too.

Those are my ?s on screen shots I did...

There is more space here than my twins had together and singleton too..this scan was 7w6d...

Ultrasounds are all about angles, it's possible that the particular angle of the cross section is making it look bigger because it's a diagonal cut rather than straight on if that makes sense?

Just got home and showed my husband your pictures. He said that black space is just fluid, your tech probably just zoomed in a lot making it look big in comparison to the baby. DH doesn't think it looks like twins.

Thanks karoolia ...my hubby will be relieved lol...I'll update if anything crazy happens at my first tri 12week scan :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->