anyone here have their OH's look after their children?

C

cherryglitter

whilst you're at work/uni/college?

we've always said when this baby has popped out i would go back to work and OH would stay at home with the babies. (simple reason for that being that i have more qualifications than OH and could earn more money)

IDEALLY, i'd love to go back to uni or college. the thing i'm worried about though is the financial side of things. i don't know what support there is out there for couples with children who decide to do this kind of thing.
has anybody done it? just looking for some advice really.

i don't think me going down the educational route is going to be feasible really. :(

Hi babe!! I was working around my OH job so it would always be me or him looking after LO.. but he lost his job yesterday so looks like I'm gna have to work full time & he look after LO :( quite gutted really!! But im the same as you - me working full time would bring in more money than him(I work in care,he's in fitness,so I could always find a job but its a lot harder for him too).. x

i wish i could work around OH's hours but he pretty much works 10-6 (sometimes later), 6 days a week. so it would be quite hard to unless i did nights then i'd be buggered in the day haha.
i used to work in care too. i don't think i'd go back to it now though. x

My DH works shifts so 6 on 7-8 off
wednesday morning he finished night shifts so he now has Finley untill he goes back work next thursday then Finley will go to family when we both work x
DH loves being at home with F, its boys time x
Not sure what help you can get though as we dont get any as we both work x Have you rang the Inland revenue to find out what your entitled to?

nope. i'm wondering where to go for advice really.

Me and OH are both at uni (and we work aswell) you will get a loan and grants and childcare allowance if you are a full time student.
But when I'm at work OH looks after LO and vice versa.

my hubby looks after Isla on Mondays and Tuesdays, then I have her the rest of the week and he works.

My husband looks after our daughters when i work. x

my DH has the boys if im working the weekend (every other) and every tuesday and thursday nights.

we both work DH full time an I do 26hrs a week so we are not entilted to much. although we do get £400 of our £600 nursery bill paid for by working tax credits as our fees are so high for 2 babies.

we both work - basically i work when he isnt (he works shifts) so we take equal shares with the kids really

i work part time and my OH is at home full time
as far as i know there isn't any support as such its just like being a stay at home mum but it is dad doing it instead
you could call your local sure start centre (if you have one) to see about father and toddler groups i know my area used to have one but they got rid because it wasn't popular enough

I gave up my FT job after my second baby and now work around my husband's shift schedule. He watches the kidlets while I work and vice versa. We try to make sure that there are a few days for all of us to be together as a family, too.
The irony is that we could not afford for me to go back to my FT position! Childcare would have left us less than $500/month of my take-home pay. Working around my husband's schedule allows me to minimize childcare and still bring home some cash. I was taking home more than my FT job at one point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->