Anyone here use saliva testing for ovulation?

Missbx

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone uses the ovulation microscope ? x

Ooh Kezzybear,I want to know about it as well.How does it compare to OPK's?How convenient is it to use?Where did you purchase yours?

I think I'm a bit curious as well after seeing some on amazon. I may be tempted to try.

I do! I don't remember where I bought mine, I got it back in 2009. It's pretty easy to use- it's cylinder shaped with a little tray that slides out of the middle, that's where you put the drop of saliva. Then you let it dry, slide the little tray back in, look in the eyepiece, and press the button on the bottom to turn the light on. I'll post some pictures.

1- saliva microscope. Light button is on the bottom (purple)
2- microscope with slide tray pushed out
3- eyepiece and slide tray
4- view through the eyepiece showing full ferning

Attachments

• IMG_20131008_151758.jpg
    IMG_20131008_151758.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20131008_151826.jpg
    IMG_20131008_151826.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20131008_151713.jpg
    IMG_20131008_151713.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20131007_230931_170-1.jpg
    IMG_20131007_230931_170-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7
@Dragonflywing,do you think it works well?I live in South Africa,and it costs quite a lot here,so I don't know if I should buy it?

Doesn't work for me but I have irregular cycles due to pcos and it does say in the instructions that it wouldn't work for me but I gave it a go anyway! My last cycle was 60 days and in that time I got ferning about every week ! It also says it won't work if your using clomid etc. but sometimes I get ferning, clean it and do it again straight away and no ferns?! Hmm if it doesn't work for me due to a hormone imbalance the results shouldn't change in 10 minutes!

I also have a friend ttc, healthy 28 day cycle and she got frustrated with it! You have to use JUST the right amount of saliva or it doesn't work.

So basically,even more confusing than OPK's can be :/

I use it and it is great! I live in Australia but just got it at my local chemist. It does say if you have pcos or major hormone imbalance it may not work. I do it first thing in the morning and after work (need to fast for at least 3 hours). It will show ferns as you get closer to ovulation. Dragonflys picture above shows full ferning HOWEVER, your ferns may not look like that. I know mine don't but they say that the less estrogen you have, the ferns will be slightly different but the pattern will be distinct. Mine look like curly fluffy ferns but they fill the whole screen when looking in the microscope. Also be wary that it is actually testing salt levels in the saliva (which increase as estrogen increases) so if you have a really salty dinner you will get ferns in the morning (I get them after eating chorizo in my dinner!)
Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!!

Hello ladies it keeps giving me partial Ferning and I had it for 3 days and it stopped I've had no full Ferning yet? I seem to be having the same problem with it as hopefulfor1st x

Hello ladies it keeps giving me partial Ferning and I had it for 3 days and it stopped I've had no full Ferning yet? I seem to be having the same problem with it as hopefulfor1st x

Do u have pcos??

Also I know it says not compatible with clomid and since your taking soy it may be the same since they are similar

Do u have pcos??

Also I know it says not compatible with clomid and since your taking soy it may be the same since they are similar

I think I might have pcos I have some signs of it x I should be ovulating soon x

It does say if you have pcos or high estrogen then you will get ferning a lot so it might not work for you

I do find it confusing sometimes, I seem to have loooong periods of ferning (10+ days) before ovulation. However, I am breastfeeding so maybe my hormone levels are off.

No more confusing than OPKs, though, as I've never had a positive OPK although I do ovulate.

So I've just realized I have dry skin on my hands and moisturize several times a day I wonder if its the cause of some of my problems with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->