Anyone here with bearded dragons?

imtattedup

Reaction score
My hubby and I just bought a bearded dragon yesterday. We went to look, left to get checks cashed, and came back. They did have 4 babies and a larger one all together but the larger one got sold before we got back and all the babies had chewed up feet and tails. I had noticed and asked why. The guy said the big one had been bullying them by chewing on them. I asked if one would still be fine to purchase or is it not worth it but he had said that it should be fine. So we bought one. It was only $25 because they were on sale so I didn't care too much, he moves around fine and doesn't seem to notice but I need opinions.....should we take this one back and go to another pet shop?

It probably shouldn't of happened. If u feel u have been cheated and want a "pristine" animal as such then it's worth going back and getting another. If u want to give this animal a home and the dragon is moving ok and eating then there shouldn't b an issue. A vet will give u a more definitive answer it ur concerned. We have had bearded dragons in the past and currently have a crested gecko with no tail who is absolutely healthy. Also sil ex breeds them so have seen plenty in the past.

How badly chewed is your beardie? If he hasn't got weepy wounds he should be ok, however I am by no means an expert as our lil man hadn't been chewed so I would recommend going on a beardie/reptile forum for info.

It annoys me immensely when they're housed together as they are generally solitary animals.

Personally id want to keep him just to get him away from the others!

It's not that badly chewed. If he's fine with it and there shouldn't be any problems then great...I'd keep him def. just needed opinions from others if anyone has had one with feet like this or tails.

I would take him to the vets

We had a bearded dragon that got its tail nipped by a locust the nip was so small we didn't notice until the end of the tail suddenly died so we took her to the vets they had to amputate part of the tail to stop the infection spreading up the tail which resulted in a hefty vet bill

so I would get him checked at the vets to check for infection

Poor baby. I second a check up. Keep him and name him gimpy.

Aw poor thing. I read somewhere that it's common for beardies to have missing toes, not sure why maybe they're just delicate? It said not to worry unless it looks infected. I'd probs take him to vets just to be sure though.

We've had our beardie Mario for a few months now, he's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->