anyone here WTT after an ectopic?

Premomt

Him and Me +1 makes 3!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I just had emergency surgery on 25 Jan for an ectopic. I was wondering if there are any other laides here who are WTT after an ectopic like me?
I was only 6 weeks along (HCG levels showed 5) and from what I understand my left ovary had ruptured causing a lot of internal bleeding while I was in the ER. The Dr wasn't sure where the implantation happened (thinks on the ovary) but she couldn't find anything in my tube, uterus or anywhere else.
So aparently I have lazy eggs. and my DH has super :spermy: :rofl:

If there are any ladies WTT until Dr gives the ok, let me know! I'd love to chat!

that'll be me then! there doesn't seem to be many of us on here.

i had a suspected ectopic and was treated with methotrexate back in november 08. suspected because i had a scan which showed 'something' in mid oct, they monitored my bloods, i went back for a scan (internal and external) in the next fortnight and there was nothing there at all. through all this my bloods were a bit up and down apparently! my levels went down gradually and got to 4 mid dec...... i am still waiting for the witch, no one seems to have any idea when she could make an appearance. iIwas told by the doctor on monday that if she doesn't arrive within 3 months to go back and see him..... i'll think i'll go stir crazy if she doesn't show before then! x x

yeh me!! i had an ectopic in september 08 they couldnt tell me how far gone a was as bab was 7cm i lost my right tube! the doc gave me the ok back in dec although i am still in wtt as i am getting married! but my right tube had ruptured and bab had fused its self to my bowel so i lost part of that too not alot! they cant tell why but they say its one of those things but i do appreciate how lucky i am as i have a son whos nearly 5 and i stil have both my overies and its amazing how your body can compensate!
did they save your overy and/or your tube?
sorry for you loss and i know how hard it is to be whisked off to surgery so fast i hope you are getting better and your body is healing well
take care lovely
:hug:

yes all my parts are still there. Wow! attached to your bowel? incredible... If you want the full story, you can read my journal. I keep it updated regularly.
but the short of it is,
Felt weird wed jan 21am, thought it was gas.
Felt same weirdness thursday and friday with BM.
Pain with BM got more intense Sat so much so that I had to lay down for the whole day.
Felt fine Sun jan 25 AM but got extreme pain after breakfast, and went to the ER to be checked out. SOOO glad i did bc I ruptured and was bleeding into my belly.
I had the emergency surgery and the doc said I had lost about a litre of blood into my belly.:dohh:
She also told my fam that she "couldn't find anything" as far as what an embryo would be. There was nothing in my tube (it was left side) and that my ovary had ruptured (probablly where the cyst is where the egg comes out)
She thinks the egg attached to my ovary, and then ruptured it carrying away the pregnancy. Thankfully my quant count has gone down over the time they have checked it.
I have another appt on Tuesday next week. Do you ladies have any suggestions as to what I should ask her when I see her again?
My incision is healing nicley, but I can feel the scar tissue build up under the skin.
I plan on asking her to give me as much detail regarding the surgery as she can. I would have loved to pick her brain the day I recovered, but yea right! DRUGGED UP MUCH? lol!
I also hope to get an internal exam, or a sonogram to see that my ovary is healing well.
And I plan on asking when we will be able to try again, or how long I should wait.
any other suggestions?

Thank you so much gnomette, and wow! congrats on the upcomming wedding! how excited are you for that to be happening!!!:happydance: I still remember mine like it happened in july... Oh wait, it did LOL!
Cant wait to see wedding pics! when's the lucky day?

Well Hello! nice to meet you!
I am surprised at how long you have been going through this ordeal. But then again I will probablly be waiting as long...
The Methotrexate is the drug that dissolves the pregnancy right? I think it is a cancer drug that does a double duty.

I am surprised you have yet to have a period? With the surgery, I have been bleeding since around Jan 27 or so. Not alot, just enough for a panty liner. I am waiting for it to stop! :rofl:

the suggested is 6months but you can try if you feel ready after 3! the wedding is on the 27th of this month so 3 weeks away!
i would ask if they looked at your tubes? to see if they found anything that may cause any problems in the future and also if your overy is functioning as it should be? was it key hole surgery? i will warn you that scar tissue can be uncomfortable at times not painful just twinges!
if you ever need a ear to bend feel free to pm me! any time you like!
:hug:

Wow so soon! I had a feeling it was v soon , but wasn't sure. Ohhhohohh so excited for u!
She went in through c-section type incision. As far as the tube, she did look through it and found nothing at this point. But she did mention a scan type thing they can do to see if there are any irregularities in my tubes and such.
I'm sure ill be around here for a bit, but u on the other hand. Chould be able to start trying like now right!? 3 weeks u wint even have MS by then!

yeh we could but like i said with the wedding and stuff we decided to hang on til after we get back from our honey moon! dont feel bad bout having time off work i had 2months off and i have heard of people having up to 6months off so dont rush back! take your time! the scan i think is where they inject dye into your overies i think but they follow the dye to make sure everything is working ok i cant remember what its called!

the scan i think is where they inject dye into your overies i think but they follow the dye to make sure everything is working ok i cant remember what its called!
yea something like that. I may ask if something like that would be a good thing to do? I mean after all the last time I was preg (ended in MMC) 9 years ago. The past 2 months I have had chemical pregnancies. and I only knew of those 2 because we were TTC and I tested early. Who knows if I have had, and how many, other chemicals.

You know what pisses me off even more? I went to a different OB for an annual exam and with a list of questions about TTC what to do and avoid. He asked me why I was there, (duh?) and I told him to make sure everything is in working order for a pregnancy. he didn't even offer any such test. didn't even mention it. But as I said before, he is probablly really good at his area of expertise (gynocological reconstructive surgery)

Gosh I can't wait to start TTC again. My DH has told me that he will not come near me until he knows everything is all healed up. LOL even my ovary! (like he would even get that close :rofl:) I said even if the Dr says its ok to have sex now (tuesday will be 2 weeks) he said NO. 4-6 weeks LOL~ Hopefully it won't be longer. (IDK how much longer I can wait, not just to TTC IUKWIM?:blush:)
Bleck, waiting sucks. this is worse than the 2WW.

so, ladies, help me take my mind off it! Gnomette~ tell me more about your upcoming wedding! What does your dress look like? where is the venue? how many people are coming? DETAILS!!!!!

And Rabbit~ Tell me about you! how long have you been TTC? How long have you and your OH been together?

Unless you ladies have journals that I could read I want details!!!
Much love~

i have heard the dye thing can be painful! sorry no journal stil not written one as i am afraid it may scare some people my dealings with the nhs have been less the pleasant so it would be not fair to write one!

any way wedding my dress is mostly bergandy! my flowers are black and white and i am getting married in the lovely little church at the bottom of my road its on a busy road but looks like it belongs in a tiny village in the middle of no where! there are 60 adults and 20 children coming but that was at last count i think there may have been more rsvps that oh hasnt told me about! lol we are doing the food with a small army of friends at our house including the cake we are having the cake toppers made by a friend of ours who is the most amazing artist and its all going to be fantastic hair make up and nails are all sorted and i am really looking forward to it!

yeh waiting is hard but at the end of the day you need to make sure you are ib the best shape befor ttc again!

tell me bout your wedding day? did you an oh argue more than usual we are so stressed bout it all its driving me slightly crazylol :hug:

Burgandy... So pretty! I am in favor of colored wedding gowns. If you can see in my pic, I had a navy train on my dress.
I planned my wedding from a distance of about 900 miles. I lvie in sc now but was born, raised, and had the wedding in NY so it was a bit stressful. I think the fact that it was 900 miles away helped me realize I couldn't do everything, and that what ever happened would happen. I am a control freak, and I really had to give the reins to someone else which made me enjoy the planning process a lot. Dh and I did not fight at all really. We spoke about things and always came up with a good resolution.
Our ceremony and reception were held at a historic mansion and gardens both outdoors. (Thank god for good weather!) Everything was perfect! I relive the day frequently in my head... Wish we could celebrate like that every year!
Your wedding day sounds fantastic! Its going to be so fun! Where r u goung on honeymoon?
Much love!

the ectopic was my first pregnancy, we've been trying since August 08 so not that long really.
me ond OH have been together 11 years and married for 2 and a half years.

I also have some good news, the lovely witch has come this morning, i have never been so pleased to see her, a think i might have hugged her if it was possible........ha ha:happydance::happydance:

gnomette,
totally off the subject but your wedding dress sounds amazing, you'll have to put some pictures on to show us after the big day x

Yay!!! :happydance: :happydance: so glad the witch came!! And I second the pics!

DH and have only been trying since oct and I've had 2 chemicals and an ectopic :dohh: hoping the next one will be a H+H 9!

Hello,

Hope you don't mind me replying, I have never posted on this site before although have been around for a while.

I have had two ectopics, my latest one I had emergency surgery to remove on the 14th of Jan. I was around 10 weeks along, but the hospital kept sending me away and telling me I had suffered a miscarriage, it wasn't until I was admitted as it was rupturing that they took me seriously!

My 1st ectopic was Dec 07 and I kept my tube this time I lost my left tube. My husband and I are talking now about when we should start trying again considering it is likely to take some time to conceive with only the one tube.

It's nice to know there are others going through the same feelings I am right now and that there are places such as this people can look to for support.

Big hugs to all x

:wave: hello! Nice to meet you! And please, add your two cents anywhere! That's what were all here for. Chatting greiving, supporting and respecting eachother.
So sorry to hear about your two ectopics. Were they both left sided? Are u in the states or abroad?
How did they do the surgery on u? Laproscopic (key hole) or c-section incision? How long have u been trying? How lnog was your recovery? Huummm... I can't come up with any other questions as of right now!
Hope you gals are well!

Gnomette, I've been meaning to ask u what problems u've been having with NHS?

hi mollymoo, as premomt said feel free to chip in anywhere you like.

sorry to hear of your ectopics, i read it's quite rare to get two. hope you are coping ok.

this thread has been lovely because its nice to hear of how other people have coped in the same situation and there doesn't seem to be many of us on here.

i second all of premomts questions, i think its beginning to show shes the nosy one of the lot of us... haha:rofl:

Hello,

Hope you don't mind me replying, I have never posted on this site before although have been around for a while.

I have had two ectopics, my latest one I had emergency surgery to remove on the 14th of Jan. I was around 10 weeks along, but the hospital kept sending me away and telling me I had suffered a miscarriage, it wasn't until I was admitted as it was rupturing that they took me seriously!

My 1st ectopic was Dec 07 and I kept my tube this time I lost my left tube. My husband and I are talking now about when we should start trying again considering it is likely to take some time to conceive with only the one tube.

It's nice to know there are others going through the same feelings I am right now and that there are places such as this people can look to for support.

Big hugs to all x

just to say sorry you have had two eps as you have probably read i only have one tube but i have been told that you can stil conseive from your tubeless side! there is a membrane that drags the the egg through and it will stil try to drag an egg from your bad side to your good side! itsnt it amazing!! but dont forget you need to wit 3 cycles at least! how are you healing up? you doing ok?

ooh i feel like a thred hog its all bout the wedding darlings :rofl: ours is just down the road and i have to do most of it! we are even doin our food ourselves cause oh used to be a chef and is fussy!! so hes doing that i have my hair trial on thursday and as soon as i can work out how to put photos on i will i promise!! i am a bit slow when it comes to computers! lol
we honeymoon in paris darling!! we are taking my son with us and a live in babysiter and we are staying in disney land i cant wait it'll be bril!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->