anyone here WTT after an ectopic?

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

Unfortunately my surgeon told me that the first operation I had to remove an EP in my left tube had left some scar tissue in that tube which caused this latest pregnancy to get stuck in the same tube a second time. They can find no other reasons for my ectopics so that at least is reassuring however I am more than mindful that the chances of a further EP increase the more you have.

I am in the UK in the south east of England. I have spoken to some ladies who have also had EP's and all have been through tough times in getting it diagnosed and treated. Both of mine have been treated with key hole surgery, I was extremely lucky this time as they could not decide whether to just cut me open or use key hole. My stomach looks a little like a dart board know with assorted scars dotted over it! I had the op on 14th Jan and am still off work, still having slight cramps and although am feeling much better physically the emotional stuff has only just started to kick in! I work in a very physical job so am not due back until March.

My hubby and I started trying in Oct 07 and I fell pregnant quite easily in the Nov. We stopped trying after my first EP until Oct last year and I fell pregnant in Nov again. I don't seem to have issues falling pregnant it's just them sticking in the right spot!! I do so want to have children and currently am experiencing such a feeling of failure.

Sorry for the long post and harping on! It tends to be quite complicated stories with EP's although I must say finding this thread and people who are experiencing the same is brilliant.

Good luck with all the wedding plans ladies! I got married a few years ago so any advice I am more than happy to help!

I have to say, I had no trouble at all with figuring out ti was an ectiopc. Probablly because I was rupturing... But I guess if I had gone to the ER or OBGYNs office on wed when I first had the pain it may have been a different story. I mean ,until me I had never heard of a gal having EP related pains with a BM! Ugh, only me...I just wish I had gone in on wednesday with that pain. Then I may not have had to have surgery at all.
Oh well, it is what it is. At least I will know for next time not to wait like that. Not only that but I will be able to get to the gyn earlier as I am now her patient and was not prior to the surgery!

I have my appt with her tomorrow am. I am excited, and nervous all at the same time.

Molly- the emotions hit me hard last week too. If you read my journal, you will see I had a debbie downer day. I didn't think it had affected me as much as it really had. Its been nice to chat with other gals like me.
Gnomette- paris? Disney?? OOOOooohh I am jealous! We didn't get to honymoon. Too damn expensive!

Well ladies, I'm off to go pick more glue off my scar so it looks pretty for the OB tomorrow. :rofl: and then to bed! Ill let you know how it goes!

hay molly i am in kent in south east england where were you treated? i was only just able to have mine done with key hole they had huge problems but they did it!
yeh ep's are tricky things and reading this just makes you realise just how different they are even though it is classed as the same thing!

i am doin ok with the wedding stuff we are just sorting out the food now! most of it has bee sorted since late december from the day we started planning to the wedding day it will be just under 4months! and we have done it for just under £2000!
oh what was your wedding like molly?
ew premomt! that is gross dont pick it or you will make it sore i hope i hope your appointment goes ok today keep us posted!
love to all
:hug:

Hi girls,
Another gatecrasher here. I've just dropped by from the TTC section. I had an ectopic in July last year at 8 weeks an lost my left tube. I never really looked at the miscarriage/loss support section... well i did once and i just sat and cried constantly reading everyone's sad storries, which I found wasn't really helpful for me when I was already struggling to pull myself together! However I think i'm finally ready to talk to others who have had similar experiences, just over 6 months on!!

Promont, I totally relate to the frustration you feel waiting for the time when you can try again! For all i was an emotional wreck after my loss (i had been trying for that baby for a year and a half and it was soo wanted!) all i wanted to do was jump on my man and try again! At the time i was told to wait for 2 normal cycles to take place before trying again! The wait just about drove me crazy, but i've now been trying like mad again since October and so far no joy!! I've never seen a doctor since my operation though, apart from for sick lines for my work a week or so after, and I'm wondering whether I should have been checked over before starting to try again. The aftercare has been non existent! Most of the time I feel okay these days, but I do have some major wobbly days, mostly when Aunt Flo arrives, or when I hear about a friend or relative becoming pregnant! Bitter cow that i am!

I am now thinking of making an appointment with my Doctor to see what they think as i've been feeling pretty down lately, especially around the time I get the witch. I keep feeling like it's never going to happen for me and i'm so impatient!!! Feel like i've waited long enough for my little bundle of joy! Everytime the witch puts in another appearance she is usually a good week or so late now and I have about 10 days running up to her arriving where i have sore boobs, twinges and a generally sh*tty feeling, so I get my hopes up thinking i'm pregnant again, only for her to arrive all guns blazing in the end!!! Argh!

hi buffy... we welome gatecrashers, all adds a different experience!!!
it is rather fascinating how we all have the same but very different stories, i guess i was one of the luckier ones in avoiding any surgery, i am a wimp when it comes to stuff like that..... although i have nearly overcome my needle phobia with all the blood tests i had done over the course of the treatment!!!!! and of course the jab in the ass!

gnomette..... check you out... paris and a live in baby sitter!:thumpup: i think i may be more of a technophobe than you hence no pictures at all on my profile cos i can't figure out how to do it!:rofl:

I couldn't be bothered with all the planning of a wedding so we just went to Las Vegas instead, no stress involved:headspin:

premomt..... leave your scars alone....... did your mum not tell you picking scabs will make them worse?? x x

Haha not the scar itself, just the glue around it. Dr sait it looked great so ;-p :rofl:
Check out my journal ladies, I posted my visit experience there.

stil not good on the picking of the glue premont
buffy glad you are ready to start talking it really does help! yeh the after care here is not fantastic here either i had my follow up with the surgeon that was supposed to be 6 weeks after 12weeks after and that was because i kicked up a stink! but if you feel that you need to talk to someone bout your notes then ask your gp to either get them to write you s letter or to make sure you get your appointment!
rabbit vegas wow yeh it was going to be me oh two whitness' and my son but then it got so complicated its now 60adults and 20children and alot bigger!
yeh paris my oh has never been so i am going to take him and my son to see the sites and sounds of paris its going to be great we are staying at disney but i am definatly going to take my two fave boys to see it all!
love to all
:hug:

just read your journal..... waiting until May to try again is pants, i thought i was hard done to having to wait 3 months after the injection! May will make it 4 months or so for you wont it?

i've not heard anything about waiting until after ov to try to get pregnant, surely that may inhibit your chances.... fore warned is fore armed and all that!

i'm pleased the doc liked the scar..... kinky:rofl:

Haha not the scar itself, just the glue around it. Dr sait it looked great so ;-p :rofl:
Check out my journal ladies, I posted my visit experience there.

Hey hun sorry to hear about your loss, I have never had an ectopic but I have had 2 mc's now. I just wanted to say how gorgeous your profile picture is, its lovely and you look really pretty and happy, must have been a good day. Xx

Thanks dawny! We were so lucky with regards to our wedding. The day was perfect, the dress was perfect (and came with a story ill tell someday) and the photographer was a friend of the family so the pics were a gift! It was the best day (week really) of our lives.

I am so sorry to hear of your losses. Forgive me, but did you just mc recently? I thought you were on the pg boards last month? I may b wtong tho.

Yes rabbit closer to 4months. Bleck!but best to be safe than sorry!

Thanks girls. It's such a confusing time and the NHS don't really help matters! I've decided that i'm going to see how i get on this cycle with temping and using OPK's. If i can't pinpoint that i've ovulated then i'm definately going to make an apointment with my doc to seek some further help!

Thanks dawny! We were so lucky with regards to our wedding. The day was perfect, the dress was perfect (and came with a story ill tell someday) and the photographer was a friend of the family so the pics were a gift! It was the best day (week really) of our lives.

I am so sorry to hear of your losses. Forgive me, but did you just mc recently? I thought you were on the pg boards last month? I may b wtong tho.

Yes rabbit closer to 4months. Bleck!but best to be safe than sorry!

Yes huni I went for my dating scan on the 6th feb only to find an empty belly tubes were all clear too, I am waiting for af though, as my body absorbed the baby and carried on as if it was still pg, im now on Utovlan to bring af back so we can get back to ttc xx

hay ladies hows things has any one actually got anything planned for valentines? its my sons birtday but we normally do something in the eve but this year we have planned nothing!

nothing planned for valentines day, been together too long for that, although DH is cooking dinner for us so that'll be nice.

how'd the hair trial go? x

ooh, the witch has gone...... :happydance:thats means i'm ready for action... wish me luck:wohoo:

wow dawny! that's awful! I hope you are getting along ok? my oh my the things our bodies do to us....

Rabbit you'd better get to it like a...... well, you know! ( I know I know, it's bad!!! :shy:)

NOthing planned for us this year either. Gonna test my strength out tonight on DH and give him a 30 min massage (I am a LMT) as I have 2 scheduled tommorow. (i know, its early, but I can't sit around any more! and its only 2....) Hopefully I will be good to go, and not sore by the end of it.
After that we are going to dinner somewhere. As for tomorrow, DH is working as am I until 2, then maybe we will go to the Dog park or something. Depends on the weather....
Geez... where did the romance go? :rofl:

yay rabbit i bet your releived bout that have fun maybe a trip to ann summers is in order??;);)
oh the hair looked amazing i did realise quite ungirly i am though i looked in the mirror and it was amazing i couldnt beleive it was my hair i was lookin at! i never knew my hair could look like that!
i bought oh a card and we bought the first dvd we watched together when we were 14! but we are not the romantic people by nature so thats it for us romance wise!
but i am so happy i dont think romance that every one advertises it as at this time of year is everything romance is its the little things like random acts of love! like holding hands when you walk down the street or the way he lets you sleep in his nook even though you know as you are asleep he is gonna kick you off it cause its not comfortable for him to get to sleep like that!
that is true romance and its costs nothing and makes you fall in love with him just that little bit more!
love an hugs ladies
xx
happy valentines
xx

wow dawny! that's awful! I hope you are getting along ok? my oh my the things our bodies do to us....

Rabbit you'd better get to it like a...... well, you know! ( I know I know, it's bad!!! :shy:)

NOthing planned for us this year either. Gonna test my strength out tonight on DH and give him a 30 min massage (I am a LMT) as I have 2 scheduled tommorow. (i know, its early, but I can't sit around any more! and its only 2....) Hopefully I will be good to go, and not sore by the end of it.
After that we are going to dinner somewhere. As for tomorrow, DH is working as am I until 2, then maybe we will go to the Dog park or something. Depends on the weather....
Geez... where did the romance go? :rofl:

Thanks huni, im doing ok thanks hun, in fact im having OV signs :shock: so well we are doing no more than having :sex: :rofl: no point dwelling on the past it just eats away at you otherwise xx

Hey gals just wanted to let you know I updated my journal again today with wedding stuff. Have a look see!

can you put a link on i am struggling to find it!
sorry i am blond!!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->