anyone here WTT after an ectopic?

There is a link to it in my signature line I think.... I can't see it right now cause I'm on my blackberry sorry!

sounds like we all had exciting valentines then ladies.......

gnomette what you wrote was really sweet..... a fine line between provoking tears or puking at the mushyness of it:rofl:

yep, at it like the namesake x x

for all my mushyness it was a bit premature a my son has tonsillitus so even though it was his birthday an he had eaten next to nothing he had a reaction to the antibiotics and spent half the night doing his very own impression of the exorcist! did everyone else have a great time valentines! its gotta beat mine although i did get a card!! yay!
ok so i even made my own son puke no more sickeningly sweet me ok if i do you have permission to slap me ok?
glad you had a great valentines rabbit!
:hug:

Hi guys,

Sorry have not been around last few days, been feeling pretty low. Very odd pains on my right side (side of remaining tube), did opk but not ovulating and have not yet had first af since surgery.

I had my op at the QEQM hosp in Margate am still waiting for the date of my follow up op. I have been having nightmares almost every night about the remaining tube having something wrong with it and never being able to have children.

(sorry to depress all the lovely wedding stuff that I have just been smiling at while reading)

Love to everyone

Molly, you haven't had af bleed since the surgery? I'm in my second round of it right now. Bled the 2 weeks after surgeery, and having bleeding again now. I wish it would stop! I don't think its abnormal but I don't know. Its just annoying cause I'm not allowed to put anything up there" (doctors words) for 4-6 weeks.
I am so sorry to those gals from the UK who are having issues not being seen on a regular basis after such a trauma. I just can't imagine beige seen once, and then fighting to be seen again. You need follow up care!!!! Especially if you feel you are not regulating like you should!!!
I've been having odd cramping in my tum latley. Random twinges on the left and right.aparently its normal..

Molly, I understand your concern regarding only having one tube, but I've heard a few times of ladies ovulating from the affected side and getting pregnant! Our bodies are strange and wonderful pieces of machinery. You must remember that! I want to encourage you to see someone though. More for reassurance than anything else.
Much love ladies!

mollymoo, if its any help, i know we went through different treatments but I had a 7 week wait between my hcg dropping to 0 and the witch showing her face, everyones bodys are different and some will take more time than others to adjust and regulate.

I think everyone worries who has had a miscarriage or ectopic, its only natural, i am constantly thinking what if it happens again........ but after reading stuff on the net since it happened (nov) i think its safe to say we have as much chance of conceiving as anyone. like premomt says your body can do fab stuff and your tube can move sides apparently!:hug:

I had my Ectopic surgery on the 20th Jan 2009 and i had my right tube removed along with my 7 week old pregnancy, I am 4 weeks post op and to many peoples suprise im not waiting to concieve, i have spoke to my surgoen who said that my left tube was very healthy, he did recommend waiting at least until i have my first AF but i can't i know all the risks etc but i feel ready so im trying as we speak, i ovulated on the 11-12th (well had pos opk) and am currently waiting 7 days till i test.

I know you will all think im mad but its just the way i am dealing with it all... keeps me going..

I'll keep you all posted xx

lou, are you sure your opk wasn't registering the hormones that were already in your system from the previous pregnancy? I have seen opks do that.
I am curious as to if you can ov so soon after having an EP? I just don't know if your body's prepared properly for a new bub? Just not informed enough, not that I am judging your decision. I have to hand it to you for feeling up to ttc again so soon. I personally have been very sore, and emotionally unstable. just yesterday i had another melt down, and today I am wondering if I am really ready to have my body go through such drastic changes, and if we are really ready to be parents. I mean, we just got our bill from the hospital, and.... it will take a bit to pay that off.

Rabbit, how are you getting along?

Gnomette, so sorry to hear about your son! how awful! at least he will be all better for the wedding!

ok I don't get it, in my other posts my sig line comes up, but for some reason it won't in this thread?
GEEZ.

ok for the blondes on this thread (myself included!) here's my journal link~
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/77709-journal-mrs-robinson-8.html

Hi ya huni!

yeh i feel fine, all healed and feeling fine:)

We are lucky in the uk to have the NHS so treatment is free.

I bled after the op for 3days and on the 4th day i did a HGC test and had bloods and alol the Preg hormone had gone :(..

its been over 4 weeks now since the op, My Consultant said some people ovulate 2 weeks post op and some 4 weeks and some even 8-10 weeks..

The sonographer at the FHU (fetal health unit) said off the record that she gets women in 6 weeks after there op already pregnant and they go on to have full term healthy pregnancies.

I know why they say to wait with Meth shot etc as that can cause BIG problems however as surgery removes the problematic tube etc and my other one is healthy im going for it.

The likeyhood is i wont get pregnant straight away anyway so by the time i do i'll most likey be 4-5 months post op...

Thankyou for your concern tho it means alot :hugs:

I'll let you know how i get on xxxxx:hug:

Edited to add, i started doing opks 1 week after the op, and they were really light and faded in and peaked (test line was darker than control line) on the 12th and then since then they have faded back out.. which is a good sign :)

Oh and just to add your not going mad, its just this room that doesnt seem to show signatures??

everyother room does xx

hay lou! how you doing! sorry for your loss the reason they say to wait is cause of the shock your body has been through but if i were you i would wait til after your appointment with the surgeon cause things are not always as simple so best to get more info but i like you ave been using opaks just to make sure things are working since my op back in september? have you got a follow up appointment with your surgeon? make sure you get one they can be buggers!! but some people just get started anyway an have completly healthy pregnancies!! i hope you get a sticky bean in the right place soon!
:hug::hug:

Thankyou Gnomette means alot this site has been amazing, The surgeon said that a follow up wouldnt be necessary???

I may book an appointment with my gp next week tho, i had a smear test on the 4th Feb and the results were all clear so another thing less to worry about..

xx

hi lou1979 , sorry to hear abot your loss, i thinks its good that you are ready to go again and you're not letting it put you off. i suppose its your choice when you start trying again as long as you know your body is ready.

I had Methotrexate so had no choice in how soo we could start trying again!

premomt, still at it like...:bunny::bunny::bunny:, i'll keep you posted

Thankyou Rabbit that means so much to me xxx

Sorry for your loss also :(

i have to have my smear re done on the 27th of march!! i am so unimpressed not lookin forward to it! they found abnormal cells took them 5months to write an tell me though so it cant be that abnormal can it??
i thought after major surgery you should have an appointment to follow up ask any questions you wanted to ask that sort of thin? if you are going to the gp anyway then i would bring it up?? but if you are feelin up for it for want of a better phrase!! at the end of the day you have to do what you think is right you dont have to pay any attention to my opinion if you dont want to i wont get the hump if you dont do as i say just take care of yourself!!
:hug:

Well lou, I was wondering how you knew you had *possibly* ovulated. Good to know you watched the lines fade on the opk strips and come back. and I am so glad that you are feeling up to par so soon after the surgery! I am getting back to it day by day, but still get winded and sore every now and then.
I am excited to hear of at least 2 gals who are now TTC again after a loss like ours. It's encouraging!
I am really tempted to start sooner than the dr recomended. ( I am just coming off what looked like af to me) I may pick up some opk strips and start bbt charting again to see if I am oving properly. But then again that may make it more tempting to jump on DH sooner than I should.... grrrr.I wish I could snap my fingers and be well again...

I wonder if it's just this room, or all of the MC rooms??

You have to feel ready, after the op i said to my OH i could never ever go through this again, but as the days went past the tears fell less and less, and i started assessing what i want out of life, and all i want at this moment in time is to complete our family.

I stopped myself from feeling low by concentrating on getting to know my body, bought some opk's and started charting, its amazing the things your body does as ive never charted or used opk's before.

My only advice is when you feel ready emotionally and Physically then get to know your body again and take it from there.

Goodluck ladies xxxxx

i started charting after first proper af as the first bleed after op is withdrawral bleed! an i did it just to make sure that my body was doing what it should have been as l lost all faith in my body and i must say that i even thought bout giving up on anymore children because of the fear of having to go through it all again but something clicked in me yeh i was scared an i think in some ways i stil am! but what clicked was that i want more children i dont wanna give up yet i dont wanna leave my soon to be hubby with no children of his own and i dont want my son not to have any brothers or sisters and i didnt wanna give up on not having more children! it made me so much more determined! the legacy of an ectopic is something you never get away from but there are women who go on to have perfectly healthy babies! i wanna be one of those ladies i want more children!! if i feel i am having a bad day i look over at my son then at my daughters ashes and i know this is not the end of the line for me i know that i will have a healthy pregnancy! i will do it!
it has been 5months now since my op and i stil have bad days but they are few an far between now! but not a day goes by i dont love both my children

but on a much happier note i this time next week i am going to be getting ready for my wedding wow but i am really sorry ladies i know you are goin to miss me :rofl: but i wont be on line for a few days :rofl: getting a bit excited now :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->