• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone in 3rd trimester and losing weight?

WhisperGirl

Roll on November
Reaction score
I'm just joining now as I'm 26+5 but weigh 5lb less than pre pregnancy weight. Eating really well and have no mad cravings like last times. Anyone in the same boat?

I know it’s been weird for me this pregnancy. I gained until 32 weeks at which point I started having gallbladder problems and had to really cut almost all fat out of my diet! Since then I’ve dropped about 3 lbs in 5 weeks. It feels wrong loosing weight! But my doctor says as long as my little one is measuring on track and growing every week it’s just fine! One really nice benefit is as much as I can’t wait to meet her, I’m no where near as uncomfortable as I was at 37 weeks with my other two! I’m doing pretty good!

All in all I think If you’re baby is measuring well and growing you’re good!

I’ve noticed a little bit has been lost, I think it happened the last time too.
But baby gets what they need either way so I’m not too fussed personally :)

With DS2 and DD I lost weight right up until quite late on, and then I only put on what I had lost. They were both quite dainty but perfectly healthy.
This time, I have put on weight but not an unhealthy amount, although I did put on loads really quickly recently then lost it all within a week (just more than a stone) because it was all water! This was down to having really low potassium. Sometimes it can make you retain water and this had forced my legs from my toes to my hips, swell up hugely.
Anyway, I wouldn’t worry too much. As long as everything is all normal and you’re not concerned, some people do just lose weight rather than put it on. If you are worried then speak to your midwife, perhaps they can arrange for a further scan to ensure all is fine to help put your mind at ease

Thanks girls, I get regular scans due to a few health issues. Baby is on about the 35th centile. I've lost another 2lb since I made this post. With my other 5 babies I had usually gained about a stone (14 pounds) by now, yet I'm still well below booking weight. I don't mind, as I was a bit chunky to begin with. Just odd to be so different this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->