Anyone in need of a cycle buddy?

I picked up a OPK yesterday, I will start using them this evening, Wish me luck. This is my first month TTC, and already its overwhelming. Its hard for me to remember to temp and there are rumors at my job of lay offs now. Soi'm quite nervous.

How about you? how long have you been trying?

This is month 3.. but I was on bcp for 17 years so I think it's gonna take a while to get that out of my system. I'm finding the whole thing a real roller coaster. Get days of feeling really positive and focused and then the slightest thing send me into floods of tears and the depths of despair!! DH thinks I'm a bundle of laughs at the moment!!

Got some OPKs from internet, will give it a go.

Like you, I keep thinking at there are reasons why this month wouldn't be good but if you think about it, there's never an ideal time..!?

Sounds like you and soldierswifey have lots in common, it must be hard with the extra pressure of them being away..

:hugs:

garrickbaby, sorry hun, i think i misread your posts, i assumed all you lovely ladies had men in the forces.. blame the hormones!!!

Would be really interested to know what you ladies are doing (alongside :sex:)!! to help this :bfp: on its way!

I've given up tea and coffee, can't quite manage to give up chocolate. Also really cut back on wine (not completely though..) :blush:Tried yoga to relax but got the giggles half way through! Am taking sanatogen pro-natal and epo from cd1 to ov. Really trying not to get too obsessed but being a Virgo, it's hard!!

I'm on Metformin which is for diabetes but I’m not diabetic but it helps with PCOS which I do have. One of the side effects with metformin is that it can make a woman more fertile. So there you go, it has worked for me twice before but those pregnancy ended because of incompetent cervix and the other was an ectopic pregnancy. Metformin actually helps decrease the chance of miscarriage and alot of women stay on it during early pregnancy for that reason. Other than that i'm not doing anything else. I don't drink coffee and I'm not big on chocaoate, I am trying to loose about 10-15 lbs though, they say that weight can be a big factor in TTC.

Sometimes I think I'm getting obsessed with taking things, not eating things etc and I'm not even pregnant yet!! Even having my hair dyed dark next week so I don't have to worry about bleaching my roots WHEN i do get pg!! (Positive thinking!!)

Lots of luck losing weight. How's the temperature thing going?

I'm not doing anything special this go 'round other than the OPK. I used one the day after AF ended just so I would know what I was looking for, and the test line was really dark!
I did another this morning, because I should be getting close to O and both lines were extremely similar. Problem is, I'm so darned tired tonight that I just don't feel like :sex:
I know I should, but we've just had a rough week. My ER trip, then my little guy came down with strep. It just seems like "somebody" might be trying to tell me that having a baby while he's gone isn't such a great idea. :shrug:

What about you girls? Especially you, Garrick? Have you guys begun trying this cycle?

I keep looking for signs to or not to... don't think there's ever a perfect time.

Sometimes you do feel like you're :sex: to order!! Kinda takes the romance out of it a bit!

Soldierswifey, I'm new to this opk stuff. Got loads of tests off internet. I'm behind you guys in cycle so :witch: left yesterday. Do you think i should test now as a guide?

I did, just so I could get a feel for what I was looking for. It couldn't hurt!

The problem I had, was that my lines were nearly identical the day after AF. Through subsequent testing, the lines got lighter, and then my test on 11/11 was dark again. I just don't know??

I guess with all of our stress, I could have messed my cycle up something awful. Now I really think it's going to be a matter of divine intervention. We still managed to :sex: last night, and we were so tired we just laughed the whole time. After we were done, he immediately shoved a pillow under my bottom. Planning on it again tonight and tomorrow! :laugh2:

It won't hurt your chances! Keep those swimmers fit I say!!:bodyb:

How long do you guys have before dh goes away again?

Thanks for the advice on opks. Got a bulk buy of internet cheapies so will probably try most days!

Keep thinking positive.

Sorry ladies, i've been MIA for a couple of days, I'm in school full time also, so I had to catch up on some work and its been crazy at work also this week.
I gave up temping, just couldn't remember but I have been using the OPK and so far no luck with that. we have BDed 3 times this week and according to the calendars I should Ov sometime between tonight and Tuesday.

SolidersWife when will your husband leave????

HAPPY:sex: LADIES :happydance:

COME ON EGG!!!

Just had a silly weep cos I've just found out a friend of mine is 7 weeks pg and they weren't really trying!! Typical!!

Positive thinking for :bfp: all round this month!

Don't you just hate that?? You shouldn't, and you know you should be blissfully happy for them, but somehow it just never sits right. :dohh:

My husband leaves on Thursday of this week. :cry:
Even though you know it's coming, you're never quite ready.
I tried to use the OPK, but like I said earlier, I got fairly similar lines right after AF (I was just peeing for fun!) and then my lines got much lighter. I took a few more right when I thought I should be getting close to ovulation, and it was dark again. Who knows?

We did BD on the 11th (his birthday!) the 13th and 14th, so here's to hoping! :dance:

When you are actively trying it's so difficult to differentiate CM from..uh..."other". :blush: And I've not had ovluation pains the last two months, to boot. Blah!

I'm actually really rubbish at knowing my own body!! Been on bcp for sooo long I can't ever remember what my period pains feel like!! Do find the cm spotting a bit odd, trying hard this month though!!

Have fun in the time you've got left with him, every little helps!! :sex:
Remember we're all still here for you..:hugs:

If you need something to cheer you up check out the thread "be honest girlies". Absolutely hilarious!!:rofl:

Garrick - any sign of that egg??!

Although its just my first month trying, i'm already ready to give up.... I realize that ttc takes up alot of mental space.

I'm praying that this is our month but i'll put in an extra prayer for you SoildersWife and your husband.

We've BD everyother day since last Tuesday so hopefully it will work. Afterwards I felt so silly laying there on my back with my legs up, I just started to laugh.

I know what you mean Mrs. G, my sisters baby is 2weeks old and cute as a button but it is hard when that's what you want.

I find it really takes its toll emotionally too. I never know how I'm gonna feel and my mood changes at the drop of a hat! At the moment I'm in 'planning' mood and feeling quite positive about things but when I hit that 2ww, you never know what's coming next!!

Have just spent a fortune on digi opk's, it's not cheap this ttc!!

Keep thinking positive, hopefully we'll all get lucky this month.. :bfp:

I keep getting fant line on the opk but i read that that mean its negative, we had :sex: alot though so I hope the opk just isn't working for me, I'm using the answer brand. Have either of you used them? I think i'm going to give my huband a break tonight.

I haven't used the Answer brand, but I do know that a faint line is a negative. Your test has GOT to be either equal to or darker than the control. The LH levels in your body surge and the OPK picks up on that 12-48 hours before ovulation and darken the line. I always get a line no matter what time in my cycle it is, but before ovulation it's unmistakably darker. (Though this month was confusing!)

Are you girls going to test before AF is due? I thought about it, but I hate to waste all the money! Those suckers are so expensive!!

I'm on CD 18, you?

I'm on CD 18 also. I think i'm going to try to wait until i'm closer to when AF is due, unless I start getting some kind of signs that I have a :bfp:.

Last month I kept buying test, although we wasn't trying at that time, AF was late and I was getting headaches, neasuea and other symptoms but we see that's wasn't was a :bfn:. After I though I could be that's when I realized that I wanted to be.

I'm using internet cheapies which so far have shown nothing!! Have got not-so-cheap digis as back up. I'm behind you guys, only on cd10 but actually feel quite positive at the mo. Fingers crossed..

I'm sure that ttc is the only time in a man's life when too much sex causes a problem!!

Let's keep that :dust: floating around!!

Have you had any "symptoms" yet Garrick?

And MrsG...that is so true!! My husband took it all in stride and even forced me to wake up and have a little "fun" when all I wanted to do was sleep. He wants this baby as much, if not more, than me. It's amazing to see.

I pray that it happens. I'm praying so hard. I think it would make this deployment go by so much quicker. Dropped him off today....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->