Anyone in the same boat??

Dawn

TTC
Reaction score
hi everyone, am very new to all this so not sure anyone will ever get to read this but here goes... Am in late-30s and have been ttc for only a couple of months. AF due in two days and for past 10 days have noticed some very strange things happening. Not sure whether this is just me paying much closer attention to my body or that I could be experiencing early pregnancy symptoms. Is there anyone else out there in the same boat. if so, would love to hear from you!

Welcome to B&B! And to answer your question, AF and early prego symptoms are very similar, and it is very easy to misinterpret the signs. It's also true for many (including me! because i remember doing it!) to notice every little thing about yourself during TTC even though you never noticed them before. Mostly because, well, we ARE scrutinizing ourselves a bit when TTC hoping to see a sign :). I never noticed i get tender breasts 2-4 days before AF is due until after i started to TTC, now when i feel it creep up i think 'oh AF is around the corner, i just know it!"

Don't be discouraged though! You could very well be pregnant!! Take a test to truly find the answer though, or wait till your AF is late! Lots of luck to you :dust: hope this is your month!

thanks Samo, good to hear from you. I take on board everything you say and keep on saying it to myself! but, well, you know how it is. The only thing that definitely happened to me this month that's never happened before was a one-off bleed on 8 dpo. couldn't believe it. NEVER had that before. wasn't much and only noticed it in loo. that was it - had absolutely nothing since. thought it could be implanation bleeding. who knows?

Definitely could be implantation bleeding! Sounds like it could be a good sign! Waiting to test or waiting for AF is the hardest part, isn't it? Lots of luck to you this month :dust:

it definitely is hard - and this is only the first month really! still, only a couple of days to go. thanks again.

:hi: Welcome to the forum! Good luck getting your BFP!

Hi Dawn.....
I'm the same.......36 and have 4 days til early testing.
I have felt " a little off" for about a week now...Way to early for syptoms but you never know. I haven't had any Implantation bleeding yet..but I am only 6 or 7 days past O.
I did start feeling crampy this am but it went away....
I made the mistake of googleing " early symptoms" and am borderline obsessed
Good luck to you...and hope the 2ww goes by fast!!!!!
Take Care...
Tammy

any news ? :) good luck!

hi there,

well, only update I have is not massively encouraging. Continued to feel crampy this morning but then noticed v faint brown spotting when went to the loo. I've never had this before AF before but my heart sank as you can imagine! anyway, cramps have more or less completely vanished now and the spotting is still there but tiny amount - miniscule dot on panty linter - of v pale brown. I fear AF is imminent but I'm struck by how good i'm feeling. Don't feel pre-menstrual at all - normally at this time of the month i'm snarling and foaming at the mouth but instead I feel very calm and have an 'everything's cool in the world' feeling. Got wedged down a country lane this morning between a JCB and a school coach and just laughed and took it my stride. Something's very wrong!! I've worked out that i'm 12 dpo and just wonder if it's too early to get an accurate reading on hpt?

no it's not to early you can start to test at 10 DPO...good luck:)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/OompaLoompa/text_welcome_7.gif

Good luck on getting a BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"