Anyone juicing?

2ndtimeAbz

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is juicing as to help in preparation for labour and also to boost your immune system whilst pregnant? Also in terms of boosting fertility whilst TTC?

Would welcome any ideas/recipes :)

I wouldn't think juicing would be a good idea as you'll be missing out on fiber and protein and other essential vitamins and minerals that you cannot get from juice alone.

it was with a view to support my current diet, not a juice fast.

lol and you don't lose proteins with juicing. i think it's a great idea. i juice often but don't use any strict recipes, i just mix whatever is seasonal (and cheapest) on the market - one piece of advice though - use veggies just as you use fruits and put them together :)

ie. one of the biggest surprises this year was a red cabbage + red beet + apple + celery juice. although i ain't a big beet fan.

I used Jason Vales books for juicing recipes which included so many things i wouldn't even of thought to juice :shock: i loved one of the detox smoothies which was made with fresh juice and blended with avocado :munch:

I've got a really fab juicer and do green juices a lot :) was thinking about my last 2 labours and other people's birth stories and how much intervention happens because you just get exhausted...
Preparing for labour is like preparing for an endurance race! Lol:thumbup:

oh i agree on this, a juicer can be a lifesaver when it comes to exhaustion! it's quick and you can get the nutrients inside of you even when you're not hungry technically.. just thirsty. plus you get them super fast as the whole digestion and absorbtion is much quicker!

I love celery in the juicer, fennel is surprisingly tasty too!
Just found this info on a training website..
"Beet — Beets are a unique source of phytonutrients called betalains. Betanin and vulgaxanthin are the two best-studied betalains from beets, and both have been shown to provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. Studies have shown that beet ingestion actually improves endurance performance! Beets are very high in nitrates, which, when processed in the body, increase our levels of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide helps to relax blood vessels, and improve oxygen efficiency. Hence the lowered blood pressure and increased endurance of beet juice drinkers. Lastly, beets are a rich source of iron, which many athletes struggle to get sufficient absorption of.

Ginger — Many studies have shown that ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory and is a powerful natural painkiller. For the triathlete, these are ideal qualities as most of us spend our days chronically inflamed, after frequent and damaging workouts. I like to put ginger root in my post workout juices for this purpose. Typically ½” of the root will do.

Kale — Researchers have identified over 45 different flavonoids in kale. Kaempferol and Quercetin are at the top of the list. Kale's flavonoids combine both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits in a way that gives kale great qualities to help avoid chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is commonplace in the athlete, as the primary energy system utilized during exercise is aerobic and therefore oxidative in nature. This fat oxidation creates damaging free radicals, which kale helps to minimize the damage of, in our bodies.."

I juice! It's a wonderful addition to your diet and is super great for you and baby. Nutrients go to baby faster since juices hit your bloodstream faster. No better way to supplement your body with the best things! Will have hubby juice for me during labor as well to keep energy and nutrient levels up. Keep up the wonderful work ladies! :kiss:

I don't have specific recipes on hand, maybe a couple on my blog. Mainly I try to include fruits and greens and keep a variety. Lately I make sure to add ginger root and turmeric root and lots of vitamin C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->