Anyone knitting?

Finsmummy

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Ive started knitting a bright striped blanket and really excited. Ive also got both mums knitting too so will end up with a few nice things :) Anyone else getting creative for baby? x

I crochet amigurumi's (basically cute small stuffed toys) and have done since before I was pregnant. I want to crochet a bright & colourful blanket and maybe some booties and a hat. I'm about a third of the way through a monkey 'gurumi at the moment and am a bit addicted so I need to finish that first! I want to leave something to crochet when I start my maternity leave as I'll have holiday to use up before the official leave starts.

After next pay check I plan on getting some yarn. I do crocheting. I want to have a nice blanket ready by the time baby arrives.

I can knit straight rows, hoping to learn how to make cardis etc

i need to teach myself to crochet, I already knit and im working on a set of hat mittens and booties for the baby and i want to do a matching shawl/blanket

Awww I'd really love to do some knitting for baby but I wouldnt have a clue how to might have to get myself a little how-to book! :) xx

Another crocheter here. I have made a sweater for this little one. I will do matching bib and booties for it as well. I don't know about a hat. I made a really nice blanket for the last one but if he wants to, I am going to let daddy do the blanket for this one since he also crochets.

I am also making some bib and bootie sets to give to the hospital when we go in to have the baby. I was thinking I might do so small animals for the NICU and OH may do some blankets.

I can knit a bit, but my mum is a cardigan MACHINE at the min, and a friend has made bonnets upon bonnets!! this green one is the latest, there are 3 others done and today we bought MORE wool and a new pattern!

Attachments

• 30052011977.jpg
    30052011977.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 28052011966.jpg
    28052011966.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 8
I can't knit at all but my mum has already knitted about 7 cardigans and that's before I find out if its boy or girl so then it will be more in pink or blue

Im HORRIBLE at knitting but I do crochet! So far im working on two different blankies for baby.

I am also making some bib and bootie sets to give to the hospital when we go in to have the baby. I was thinking I might do so small animals for the NICU and OH may do some blankets.

That's a brilliant idea! I'll definitely do that. It's so addictive!

I only hate being on a time crunch for completing this time. I have 2 that need to complete and normally takes me about 6 months to finish one cause I just don't have time to sit for hours at a time to work on. I want to have done for my baby by time is born and I am making one for my nephew who will have his 1st birthday coming up soon after. That is the gift I give to all my nieces and nephews for first birthday they get a croched blanket from me. All of them so far still sleep with them, they love em which makes me really happy. The sad thing is I am always making something for everyone else but still have yet to make something for myself :(

Im a massive crochet fan lol :p
Do blanket upon blanket...My mom is a speed knitter and has a new cardi for my lil girl week after week lol :)
she is doing baby's coming home outfit,cardi,hate,mitts and booties lol
Ive crocheted her home coming blanket xx

I am making a crochet blanket for baby, its not going too bad for my first attempt!

My late grandmother was a fantastic knitter, however my mother and mother-in-law cannot knit for toffee!

I might see if I can progress onto some booties or something after this.

i have literally just started to learn and i've thrown myself in the deep end, starting a cardigan! the back is now down, i'm just starting the left front panel! i'm very proud, i never normally get this creative hehe

i have literally just started to learn and i've thrown myself in the deep end, starting a cardigan! the back is now down, i'm just starting the left front panel! i'm very proud, i never normally get this creative hehe

well done hun! im rubbish at following patterns, im a pro at straight line stuff like scarfs! :haha:

So many creative mum's here! I would love to learn crocheting. Ive never done it before. Im loving knitting my striped blanket with lots of colours x

I learnt how to knit about 1month ago, iv done some hats and mittens, going to try and do a cardigan next!!!

Has anybody tried to sell their work anywhere? I'm thinking of doing this at a local artists centre with a gift shop x

Has anybody tried to sell their work anywhere? I'm thinking of doing this at a local artists centre with a gift shop x

I've never thought anything like this. Mainly cause it takes me a few months to finish one project. Just due to time constraints. Would be a great idea though if were really fast at making things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->