anyone know A LOT about opks?

tootyfruity

Reaction score
My issue is that I have positive opks for 3-4 days, I don't really know if this is an issue but we've been ttc for 7 months and no bfp.

I had researched so much on Google and can't really find an answer, I know that you get a positive BEFORE ov but does that mean you don't ovulate until it goes negative?

I have had the correct cm and light cramping over the last few days but got my first positive 3 days ago and it's still positive.
I will trying to explain my opk results

Fri- test line just darker than control line am and pm

Sat -test line soo dark almost purple in colour am and pm

Sun- test line darker than control

I predict it will stay like this till tomorrow pm or Tues am as this has happened every month ttc, I'm just worried y body is trying to ov but not actually doing it.

Any advise? X

Yes it sounds like your body is trying to ovulate but hasn't...

You ovulate 12-48 hours after your first positive opk.

You need to stop testing after that.

Some women's will stay positive until af.. Which is why they say to stop. Lh (the hormone opks test for) can stay present in your system after the surge.

Mine stay positive for up to three days but I always seem to O on the second day.

Mine will often stay positive after O'ing. What we have done, and I'm not saying you should do this, this is just our experience, is that I use the cheapies until it gets close, then confirm a positive with the expensive digital backup. I stopped testing when I got the positive and did the insem about 24 hours later. If you're having intercourse, doing so on the day of the positive and 36 hours later should cover the window fairly well.

You ovulate 12-48 hours after your first positive opk.

You need to stop testing after that.

Some women's will stay positive until af.. Which is why they say to stop. Lh (the hormone opks test for) can stay present in your system after the surge.

Mine stay positive for up to three days but I always seem to O on the second day.

^^^ yes. I do think you are Oing. My guess is you o'd on Sunday. You should o 12-36 hours after the peak of your surge which is your darkest test. It doesn't matter what happens with your opks after that. :)

OK Thank you for replies, I feel better feel now, I think we're definitely covered on the bding front and will probably carry on for a few days just incase lol .

Oh and I did a opk this afternoon (i know i shouldnt) and was just about negative :)

I wanted to know whether I ovulated and when in relation to OPKs so I temped for a cycle. I have spotting around O as well so now I know I O the day before the spotting and 2 days after a positive OPK. I've stopped temping now as I found it stressful but it was worth it for one cycle just to check.

Yes i would be very interested to know when I actually do ovulate, I think I would stress with temping, I have thought about it but I can't deal with waking at the same time every day haha

That's why I've given up this cycle, it spoiled my lie ins when I was lucky enough to get them.

I tried temping once but it turned out that at the time I wasn't ovulating which makes your temps all over the place. I just got frustrated. I doubt I'd be much better now that I do ovulate because I'm a terrible sleeper. I've had a few months of medicated cycles where I monitored my follicles. Turns out my EWCM is spot on for indicating ovulation for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->