anyone know anything about bodyfat/water%/bmi and weight? im worrying

ProudMum

Reaction score
ok so im 25- female (obviously lol) weigh 103lbs, im 5f3, waist 28/hips29 i have a bmi of 18.1 which is slightly below average and according to my brothers weird and wonderful scales I have 61% body water and 9% fat.

Im worryin about the fat percentage, 9% is too low isnt it? what can i do to increase this without piling on the weight?
apparently water intake increases to compensate for the low fat content in the body! My weight is JUST 'healthy', any lower i'd be underweight so whats the deal with the fat being too low?
i really dont understand it at all...

doesnt normal weight = healthy everything? lol

according to charts online i have an athletes body.... i dont even work out

hmm well I know that 'normal' weight doesn't mean healthy body. Alot of athletes would be classed as obese due to the amount of heavy muscle that they have! BMI really can't tell you whether you're healthy or not
9% is classed as 'dangerously low' but that's just from google so I'm not sure how true that is, it says that usually anywhere near that low would mean your AF would stop and your homone production wouldn't function properly. maybe the scales are wrong?

hmm well I know that 'normal' weight doesn't mean healthy body. Alot of athletes would be classed as obese due to the amount of heavy muscle that they have! BMI really can't tell you whether you're healthy or not
9% is classed as 'dangerously low' but that's just from google so I'm not sure how true that is, it says that usually anywhere near that low would mean your AF would stop and your homone production wouldn't function properly. maybe the scales are wrong?

I'd say the scales are probably inaccurate
get checked out at a gym or sports centre

I agree with above, a normal BMI doesn't mean a healthy body!

9% is essential fat for females (essential padding around the internal organs to keep them from failing). This is a body fat percentage for onstage competitive body builders (not even bikini or figure models, but full on BB).

So no, you are not 9%. That's a good thing because that can be dangerous for females for an extended time (and I mean more than a few days).

Here's some info for you
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123726731

Attachments

• female-8-9-percent-body-fat.jpg
    female-8-9-percent-body-fat.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1
my bro's scales definitely say im 9%, well not even that now... its 8%

I ovulate and have regular periods and I dont look rake thin but im sorta worrying.

thanks for the info btw xxx

9% sounds extremely low to me and you'd be unlikely to have a normal menstrual cycle at this level. If this does turn out to be the case however, then I'd encourage you to increase your portion sizes and eat full fat versions of yoghurts, cheese, milk etc. This will help you to improve both your weight and body fat.

Do the scales have a male and female option?

Ours does and when I set it to male, my body fat percentage is a lot lower.

Do the scales have a male and female option?

Ours does and when I set it to male, my body fat percentage is a lot lower.

my bad lol... i realized this last week. OMG
Although still low, my body fat is 17% lol that of a 18 year old. Better than 8% though!! ;)ooops

Was wondering about this! glad you're healthier than you thought

I was going to say that, generally,those scales are not very accurate at all anyway. If you want your % body fat calculating,the best thing to do is get somebody to measure you using skinfold calipers.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->