Anyone know anything about working on a salary???

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
Oh has a new job. They are talking 14000 a year, i know not loads but we live in a seaside resort and for here its pretty good. They want him working 45 hrs a week, yet again thats living the dream here :rofl:

Anyways that divided back works out at 5.98 and hour.

Is that legal? Does nmw not count if on a salary?

No he should be getting the national minimum wage at least, that is a lot of hours per week for that salary, if he has a contract which states 45 hours per week and an annual salary of only £14,000 from what I understand that isn't legal.

I'm not sure if I'm readying it right but if accommodation is included than that can be used as part of the salary I believe.

I work 40hrs a week and only make £14000 but only because I'm a trainee. Otherwise I'd think it was illegal.

Would it not be 37.5hours + plus Over Time to make it 45 hours (so 14k for 37.5 hours). Will he be working shifts to make up 45 hours? If so, there should be shift allowance on top of £14k basic. i.e DH works 48 hours a week (4x12hours) & gets £7k shift allowance on top of his basic salary.

ETA: It could be 45hours per week, but only 40 hours are paid (1 hour dinner each day unpaid), which would make it £6.70ish per hour.

Its weird because the other manager theyve got has agreed and signed for 16k plus bonus. And oh has been offered 14 and no bonus

I think his boss is just trying to get away with paying as little as poss

This is abuse. Sorry, I'd tell them where to go unless times were really desperate!

You need to see the contract hun, and check over it before signing anything. There are loopholes for these things but it's worth checking everything.

Don't forget that lunch hours aren't paid, so if a lunch hour is included in those 45 hours it's not below minimum wage (£6.19/hour if over 21).

Don't forget that lunch hours aren't paid, so if a lunch hour is included in those 45 hours it's not below minimum wage (£6.19/hour if over 21).

Oh yes good point this has caught me out before.

But would you expect the managers to be on more than other staff?

A manager should be on more than the people they are directly managing, but the term "manager" is widely used in job roles when there isn't any management. I would say £14,000 isn't a management wage at all unless it is a title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->