Anyone know when new series of one born starts?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Does anyone know when obem starts again? Usually about now isn't it? Can't wait!!! :yipee:

Yes I read today it starts in the spring but they haven't confirmed a date yet xx

Thanks ladies, will keep an eye out on the planner!!!

i love it but don't know if it will be a bit scary watching it while pregnant? Either that or make me really excited lol

Oh I love this program!!! I'll be watching it from a different viewpoint this time!! Usually sit there crying thinking 'that's never going to be something I experience'

This time sit there crying, thinking: 'sh*t this is happening to me!!!'

Xx

not sure I can watch it lol, having gone through labour I know what to expect, it was not as bad as I thought it would be but I don't want to think about the painful part, it gives flash backs lol, though that moment you hold your baby for first time is so miraculous

I loved watching obem when pregnant with my son. Found myself holding my breath when they were pushing :haha:

I saw it say Spring as well today on Facebook! I love it, never really considered watching it while pregnant can't think it will be that scary though as everyone is different in labour so I wouldn't compare. Husband won't watch it at all, he's really squeamish! I have to record it, dread to think what he will be like, hopefully the reality of it snaps him out of it!
xo.

Oh I love this program!!! I'll be watching it from a different viewpoint this time!! Usually sit there crying thinking 'that's never going to be something I experience'

Xx

Ditto Belle!, I'm usually doing exactly the same! (thinking it will never be me)

This time I'm going to love the program even more! roll on Spring time :happydance:

Xx

Ditto Belle!, I'm usually doing exactly the same! (thinking it will never be me)

This time I'm going to love the program even more! roll on Spring time :happydance:

We're very close in dates Sparkle77!! I'm currently 7+3

Xxx

you watch...it will start about 2 weeks before most people 's due dates :winkwink: or knowing my luck...as contractions start

I haven't been able to watch it properly since having my son. I loved it before and watched it religiously, but after the quite difficult and long birth of my son, it hasn't had the same appeal :)

I think one of the problems last year was that when it came out I was already so broody for this baby! It was painful to watch because I was desperate to be pregnant again. Maybe now I am, I'll like it again.

x

I know somebody who is on the new series, they had to watch it the other week so they could cut any bits they didn't like out! I can just imagine me cutting out the lot haha. I believe they said it would be on March or April

I loved OBEM when i was pregnant and it really helped me in labour as i knew that i had to 'push like a poo' it was also great to see different types of labour.
I couldn't watch it after i'd given birth, it bored me. Hopefully i will get back into it now im pregnant again :thumbup:

not sure I can watch it lol, having gone through labour I know what to expect, it was not as bad as I thought it would be but I don't want to think about the painful part, it gives flash backs lol, though that moment you hold your baby for first time is so miraculous

Same here, were on baby #2 and my 1st born was only 4 and half months ago......so very recent for any flashbacks to happen lol
I think ill record it and probably watch it when little bubs is here , as I really don't want a reminder of how painful it gets. Lol xxxx

I wish they would make a series that was far less medical... Nearly every woman on there has to get oxy and half end up with an epidural... It makes me sad... I'd like to see a midwife series.

I should add I've only seen the American series released in Canada... UK may be different..

There's lots of waiting in the UK version and not all epidural etc

Having watched both the American version and the UK version, they're like two different programmes. The American one is funnier (edited and produced to be that way), it seems almost comedic in some ways and it's also a lot more dramatic with lots of dramatic music and thudding heartbeat like sounds. The narrator also drops in a lot of phrases like, "What happened next was going to shock everyone......" It seems to be more entertainment than documentary.

The UK version is a lot more low-key, though in recent series they seem to have been choosing some people for shock-entertainment value, which has made me start liking it less. I much preferred the first two seasons to the last two - it seemed more natural and genuine.

I think the shows also highlight the difference in the UK and US delivery norms. From the show it seems like most women in the US get epidurals, whereas it seems a lot less common in the UK, where active labour techniques (up and about, birthing pools, birthing balls etc.) seem more common. I also found it fascinating to see that in the US the obstetrician comes to deliver the baby and they always set up a table of implements. In the UK it's a midwive and all she does is put a sheet on the bed. I was also amazed by the luxury in the US version, the rooms are AMAZING!

It's really interesting to see both and both shows had me hooked, till I had my son! Now I prefer the US version, but only because it's so different to my own experience in a UK hospital, that I can't really compare them.

I really suggest watching both, it's good fun.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->