Anyone know why I feel like someone is sat on my chest?

jx6

proud mummy of 4
Reaction score
Hi,since being pregnant I've noticed this tightness across my chest and feeling like someone is sitting on my chest it makes me have shortness of breath,anyone else experienced this or know what it is?Should I see a doc?
Thanx :hugs:

I have had this quite regularly and feel like i cant take in enough oxygen. i just try and get some fresh air, go for a walk, sit in the garden and then i feel a little better. i would probably bring it up at your mw appointment or ring them up if youre worried, cant harm asking. let us know what they say! i might need to contact mine but im so busy i have no time!! xx

today especially I've been struggling to take in enough oxygen. It's because you have much more blood running through your veins than normal at the moment, about 50% extra by the end of pregnancy, which means you need 1.5 times the amount of oxygen that you normally would!

Thank you mary I'm seeing mw tues so will see what she say's and post on here,hope ur feeling better soon and get a chance to chill a bit,you sound busy :hugs:

Thanx mrsrof,I've had the shortness of breath before but not this tight feeling do you think this is the same thing?are you getting the same feeling?:hugs:

yea, im job hunting, got interviews, sorting stuff to move house and planning a wedding!! lol. lots on my plate atm! good luck at the mw, will look out for your update!! xx

I don't have massive tightness, but I do feel like I just can't breath deep enough, like my lungs just refuse to expand to let in enough air. It has led to me yawning a lot, I think it's my body's way of getting the oxygen it needs.

I would make an appointment with doc if you're worried about it hon, better to be safe than sorry xx

I am starting to have this too and am only 4w3. I was starting to think I was having small panic attacks!. My chest gets heavy/tight, then it is hard to breathe, almost like I want to hyperventilate.

Hi ladies thanks for your support :hugs:
Been to see mw today she has advised me to see doctor to get it checked out so none the wiser at the moment :shrug:
She has also taken an extra blood test today to check my hcg levels as my symptoms are dwindling and this is what happened before when I had a mc trying to keep a pma but my hopes are fading.
Sorry to sound so depressing,hope you are all good :hugs:

oh no! when do you see the doctor? i hope everything works out ok. im thinking of going to the mw again myself, i cant leave it another month without checking everything is ok.

my boobs arent hurting as much but i am very sick and can hardly eat. today ive had ready brek, a pear, packet of crisps and a few mouthfuls of broccoli bake!! i just cant swallow! lol.

well i just spoke to my OH and he has told me off for coming on this forum again!! oops. xx

Hi Mary,I dont know when I'm going to get to see doc will ring them tomorrow but I'm just so busy at the mo dont know when I'll be able to arrange with them,should get it checked tho.
I've got to ring hospital for blood results tomorrow then go there on thurs for more blood to be taken then get results fri then I should know one way or another where I stand,trying not to stress but it's impossible!
I've always found my bbs hurt on and off so try not to worry the sickness, tho awful is a good sign,how many weeks are you?
I know what you mean my dh thinks I'm on here far too much but its like a lifeline to me at times :winkwink:
Take care :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"