Anyone loose more weight then before they were pregnant?

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
Before i was pregnant i weighed 14 stone and then when pregnant i weighed more but not by alot. Since having my little girl ive gone down to 12 stone :s
I thought baby weight took weeks to shift and even then i didnt expect to be below my post pregnancy weight. its baffeled me

I actually lost weight while pregnant, my maternity clothes were in much smaller sizes than my regular pre pregnancy clothes, and I had to buy a whole new wardrobe of smaller clothes once Lucy was born. I think it's because I was much more aware of what I was eating and that anything I ate could have an affect on Lucy so I tended to go for the healthy options, also I had terrible morning/afternoon/evening sickness throughout the whole of the first 4 months so that might have 'helped'

I was 205lbs pre gregnancy, 238lbs the day I had her and today im 197lbs so id say I lost weight.

its really confusing for me cos i didnt really watch what i ate, and i had no morning sickness in my pregnancy. guess i shouldnt complain. ile deffo be watching what i eat now

Yes, I lost a lot of weight in the first month after she was born as I couldn't face eating/didnt have time to eat. Breastfeeding seems to have burned up the calories to. I now weigh the least I have for years. I'm still overweight but not so much as I was :)

I BF and lost more weight than I started with. I didn't think that was possible because I was only 122 lbs pre-pregnancy, but I got down to 115 with BFing. I consider that unhealthy for my height and have been working to get some of it back. I've been hovering around 118 recently.

The weight fell off me after I had Archie... and then once I got into the swing of things and was sitting on my backside all day I put a stone back on in a month :haha:

Haha me too! I got back down to prepreg of 126lbs (barely put anything on during apart from the actual baby and her belongings) because of horrendous heartburn and LACK OF ALCOHOL! I'm no alkie but I did love a bottle of wine of an evening and that sure does pile on the pounds! Now I've crept back up to 138 since I stopped BFing and it's all sitting in a pretty spare tyre around my middle.

13 stone pre pregnacy, 15 stone the day before delivery and 12stone 7pounds now. I was back now to pre pregnancy weight within a fortnight.

I was 12 stone pre pregnancy, put on a stone and a half, and went down to 11 stone after. In my family we seem to lose weight after having babies- my mum was a size 18 before me and twin, then 14 after, then went down to a 10 after my sister. Same for my aunty, cousin etc- not sure if having a baby changes the hormones to speed up the metabolism??? Its strange now i can eat exactly what i want and not put on weight, when i have been on diets for years before i got pregnant!

I weighed 8 and half stone before now way just over 7, no matter what i eat i cant put it back on!

I lost a stone while I was pregnant and then 2 days after I gave birth I dropped almost another 2 stone ..so I'm around 3 stone lighter now than I was before I got pregnant.

Yeah totally - weird.

Before was preg I weighed 8 1/2 stone and only put on 1 1/2 stone when pregnant.

Since having Eva I have gone down to 8 stone. Dont know why I havent done any excersize and just eat crap lol!

By 3 weeks after birth I'd dropped 37lbs (a lot of water weight and no appetite!) but I only put on about 30lbs!

I was 10 and a half stone pre pregnancy, and after i gave birth i was 9 and a half! I think everything i ate went to ava because she was 9lb 1oz at birth. OH wants me to go back to my original weight but its proving difficult :(

i was 8 1/2 stone before pregnancy, I only put on 2lbs during pregnancy and 3 days after birth I weighed just over 7 stone, and all my pre pregnancy clothes were too big for me! Strange, but it happens! I dont know why, I wasn't ill during pregnancy or anything and ate really well!

I weigh less now than before I was pregnant, I had to get belts to keep all my pre pregnancy jeans up. I haven't tried hard or dieted, it just sort of happened. I reckon it's looking after a bonkers baby all day who never stops!

I put on 14 lbs. during pregnancy; would have been 24 had I not lost 10 pounds in first tri. :( After I gave birth my weight came right back down, and kept going until I weighed about 7 lbs. less than I had pre-pregnancy. It wasn't good; I was still at a 'healthy' weight but I'd loss muscle and my collarbone was sticking out. I've done a good job of gaining it back since though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->