Anyone missing their 'bump'?

Lucky ladies! I do not miss being pregnant at all! At five foot, I looked like those old 70s/80s weebles (weebles wobble, but they don't fall down) and I couldn't sleep well, went to the loo every twenty minutes (really!) and was anxious, worried, etc. (had had an mc and then developed pre-eclampsia at 36wks). But LO is perfect and it was all worth it -- but not again.................

(and those posters who are 38 -- youngsters -- you have plenty of time for another -- me, I'm 44! (to be fair to myself, my pregnancy was very routine and normal for such an old lady until wk 32 when I developed high blood pressure, but...the bliss of sleeping on my back...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)

best wishes

Nope. I didn't like pregnancy, even though mine was easy and so was labor for the most part. I'm glad its gone and now I just need this baby weight to go away!

As much as I enjoy sleeping on my back,being able to bend to pick things up etc I still miss my bump!!I love our little girl so much and she is such a joy :) I do love the sound of 38 being a youngster!! X

my baby girl is almost 5 months and i miss being pregnant everyday (even though i complained and was uncomfortable most of the time). my mom says she still misses it, even though the last time she was preggo was 26 years ago!

if it wasnt for financial reasons, i would have definitely tried for irish twins!

I've always missed my bump with every pregnancy but more so with this one,probably cos I had such an easy time!x

My pregnancy was fairly easy, but natural childbirth (especially from 9cm on) and what I went through is enough to keep me from missing being pregnant. That and the crying/depressed/pessimistic feelings in the first two weeks pp... while I miss the squirming inside, I don't want to go through the rest of that again. :nope:

The first few weeks are hard and guess with hormones all over the place that's why I miss the 'whole' pregnancy x

I love having my LO out with me now but i miss being pregnant and my bump..... i never thought id ever feel this way but i strangely do. I actually didn't enjoy being pregnant, but i think that was mainly due to having to work in my depressing job full time all the way through. I have told hubby i wont work so much next time round and he agreed. Now i wanna get pregnant again!!!!! :haha:

My birth was pretty traumatic as well, and while i fear going through what i did again the want to be pregnant again and make another baby is already outweighing it!

Hubby wants us to wait at least till bubs is 1 year old. Dammit! :D I hope when the time comes that i am able to be blessed with conceiving again.

There is only a year between my other daughter and son!Didn't think I would fall pregnant so soon!Always worried how I would cope but we did just fine :)Didn't think I would miss my bump either but I miss it loads!!Love having my little girl,she's just a little angel :) xx

I miss my bump soo much!! I still sleep in my pregnancy positions and put my hand on there when I've got nothing to do then I realise... lol :dohh:

I hated being pregnant. Severe Hyperemesis, lack of sleep, a massive and over active baby does that to you. I can sleep comfortably again, I don't have severe SPD (I could barely walk), I'm not up ever hour, I can move! But I guess if I had an easy pregnancy then I could see why I may miss being pregnant. I am happy lily is here and I am happy to say i am never going through pregnancy again! My birth experience was pretty horrible as well.

I do! I just can't seem to fathom, my bump is now my daughter. It's like 2 seperate things... I loved being pregnant and I do miss my "dinosaur egg" but don't get me wrong, I adore my daughter! I think it may be because I had a C-section??

I hated being pregnant. Severe Hyperemesis, lack of sleep, a massive and over active baby does that to you. I can sleep comfortably again, I don't have severe SPD (I could barely walk), I'm not up ever hour, I can move! But I guess if I had an easy pregnancy then I could see why I may miss being pregnant. I am happy lily is here and I am happy to say i am never going through pregnancy again! My birth experience was pretty horrible as well.

Oh poor you,I had an easy time of it and such an easy labour,guess that's why I would do it again!x

I do! I just can't seem to fathom, my bump is now my daughter. It's like 2 seperate things... I loved being pregnant and I do miss my "dinosaur egg" but don't get me wrong, I adore my daughter! I think it may be because I had a C-section??

Was it a planned c-section?x

Was it a planned c-section?x

Yeah, she was breech and I knew this for a while... but it was sprung upon me on the Tuesday, that I'd be having her on the Thursday!

My first was breech and had a planned section too,so I know what you mean about '2 separate things' that's how I felt x

I had "morning" sickness for the first 5 months, heart burn the last 4 and uncomfortable contractions for the last month with no sleep. I also spent a considerable amount of time worrying if I didn't feel her move for a while, worrying about being able to deliver naturally after a c-section with my first and general anxiety that something could go wrong. I wanted her to arrive so I could stop worrying about the pregnancy, so I could breathe again comfortably, exercise and get back to my ore-pregnancy body.

However, the day after I gave birth I started missing the pregnancy. The labor was fast, I was able to deliver naturally and it was everything I wanted and hoped for. However, after the adrenaline and euphoria surrounding the birth went away, I missed my bump, I missed her kicking and moving and I missed the anticipation of delivery. It didn't help that she arrived the day after my birthday, so the anticipation and excitement of my birthday passing and then going right into labor the next morning left me feeling like there was nothing left to look forward to. I immediately missed my OB, missed the constant appointments, but I am most upset about the fact that I may not have another pregnancy.

I love my baby and I also experienced this with my first, but knew I would have another pregnancy. However, I have always been pretty sure that I only want two kids. Almost immediately after delivering I said to my Mom, "I definitely want another one now." I am having a really hard time coming to grips with the fact that I may not and this may have been it for me. Hoping the feelings will pass soon like they did after my first pregnancy. The yearning for another pregnancy never went away but the crying and sadness went away after a few weeks.

I had such an easy pregnancy,it was such a breeze although I did worry the whole 9 months as I had a miscarriage 3 months previous.From the moment I found out I was pregnant until I had her I worried!As my due date approached I worried even more thinking of the pain!!ha ha My labour and birth was just wonderful,again a breeze :) After the birth I thought I would love to do this again although sadly this will be our last too :cry: Like you I miss the midwife appointments,scans,hospital etc I didn't feel like this with my other 2 but maybe it's cos I always 'knew' I would have another x

I didn't have a hard pregnancy really it could've gone a lot worse. My son's a week old today and I look at pics of me with a huge bump and cry :cry: lol. I never thought I'd miss it or anything and even though my sons perfect and here I miss his little wriggles inside me. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->