Anyone not doing anything to speed baby up?

CupcakeBaby

Pregnant with a Princess
Reaction score
Keep reading about RLT, EPO etc etc.

Anyone else just acting as normal and planning to let your body/baby do what it does, when it does it?

yes me, I am hoping that i don't end up needing induced, and may accept a sweep, but apart from that i am just playing the waiting game without crab walking upstairs, bouncing, drinking raspberry etc. this is probably due to feeling lazy tho :haha:

Yep! Tried it all last time, total waste of energy! I think I'll be induced again but at least it will make planning childcare easier!

I'm taking EPO and drinking RLT, but I view them the same as I view prenatal vitamins - they won't start labor, but they'll make my body better prepared for labor when it does start on its own.

I don't plan on trying to speed things up when I'm full term. I feel like baby will come when she's good and ready.

Hmmm, I assume this is an attack on my post. All is well.

I'm taking EPO and drinking RLT, but I view them the same as I view prenatal vitamins - they won't start labor, but they'll make my body better prepared for labor when it does start on its own.

Same here. I'm toning my body ready for labour.

OP: All of what you mention in your post are not necessarily to bring on labour but to better prepare the body.

I'm not doing anything but this is largely down to laziness. I also have a couple of things to wrap up in the next couple of weeks so it will probably be easier to get those done when I'm a bit rested, thus before baby arrives. That all being said, if someone delivered all the stuff to my door that would encourage labour I'd probably do some of it but don't see myself seeking out teas or oils or anything else cuz, yup, I'm lazy.

I don't think its an attack. Trying to self induce labour can be all consuming as I and another poster on this thread found out last time.

Some people (like me!) simply can't be bothered. Some people like to take their mind off waiting by trying all the methods they can! :)

Huh?

I haven't seen your post?

I'm just being driven mad by people asking if I'm fed up and trying to get her out already.

My answer is no - I'm happy to let nature take its course. Wanted to know if anyone else is the same.

I'm going to let nature take it's course. They come out when they're ready :)

I used clary sage in the bath... walked miles... bounced on my ball for hours... cleaned like a crazy woman and at 42 weeks it took four days of induction to get her out! Lol! Totalllly not worth the effort haha

Me cupcake! My last two both came at exactly 41 weeks which was fine, I am also too worried to take EPO or RLT in case my labour is too quick, I know that sounds weird but I've heard so many friends say their third labour was so quick they didn't have time to run the water in the birth pool. I'm getting my water birth by hook or by crook!!

Happy to let nature take it's course for now :)

Keep reading about RLT, EPO etc etc.

Anyone else just acting as normal and planning to let your body/baby do what it does, when it does it?

Neither RLT nor EPO speed anything up. Yes, they do tone your uterus and make labor easier. But by no means do they bring it on :)

I am just going to relax and let it happen when it's ready. I was so stressed over having my DD on time that I think it stalled things.

I'm going to be induced on my due date so I'm doing everything I can to get him to come "naturally" before then - but of course, that's not the case for everyone. If I wasn't going to be induced, I probably wouldn't be doing anything other than the RLT and EPO since those don't bring on labor, just make it easier - so they say, I hope it does! lol

I'm praying that I can carry to full term....so no, I will not be trying to speed things up.

I'm praying that I can carry to full term....so no, I will not be trying to speed things up.

Me too! I have a C-section at 39 weeks scheduled, and I pray every day that I make it that far! What I would give to not have an early baby... My first was an emergency c section at 35+4.

i am aslso not taking EPO or RLT. just feeling lazy although i wnat baby like yesterday...

I'm not gonna try anything as I'd rather he comes when he's ready, it's just so he cooks as long as he needs. They've already had to stop pre-term labour once so I'd make rather he took his time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->