Anyone NOT reading 50 shades... ? lol

It does make me giggle when I see old ladies buying a copy along with their usual groceries at work:haha:

I listened to the tampon scene on YouTube as read by the "cookie monster" :haha:. That was enough to have me on the floor laughing. The writing was just so awful and sounded like the cyber role plays I did when I was 14 with my online boyfriend. :dohh::haha:

I barely get to read but when I do, I prefer a story line with realistic characters who have depth to them and do more with their lives and talents than screw all day. :haha: don't get me wrong...I love reading sex scenes between characters in my books but I don't want that to be all they do and all their relationship is about. :thumbup:

No I haven't read them and won't. I never bothered with twilight either but I prefer good books but so far the reviews for the book haven't been tremendous.

This thread was along the lines of my facebook status recently, some comments started to rub the 50 shade readers up the wrong way ha ha

i dont get the hype..... i really dont.

I have no interest in the book at all.............. .much rather be doing it not reading about it ;-)

I refuse to read it, I am so sick of hearing about it!

Attachments

• 255579347573801157_wW28gcBQ_f.jpg
    255579347573801157_wW28gcBQ_f.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1
I'm not reading it, I can't be bothered to read it :haha:

Cx

Nope, not going near it. I forced myself through Twilight and never got the hype, and I'm not wasting my time or money again on a hyped-up book that doesn't even sound that appealing to me.

Not the least interested, but I never have time to read anyway, so if I'm going to read something it's going to be a good book. Like Dresden.

I was going to read it but I got so sick of hearing about it I cant be bothered now.

I won't lie, the subject matter interest me, however, how it is done does not. There was a series of books that came out in the early 70's that took that subject matter above and beyond, though just as poorly written. It was far more thorough and interesting.

Nope. I can't stand crap writing and this screams CRAP writing from the mountain tops. Cliche, unrealistic, not well researched (I know of no American living in Washington state who would call a stroller a pram, a vacation a holiday, or a backpack a rucksack! :haha: ) It's fine that is making loads of money and popular, but I'm too much of a literary snob to stomach it myself.

I have such precious little time for reading. I tend to chose things I won't be tempted to mark up with a red pen! :rofl:

(Never got Twi-shite, either! :lol: CRAP, CRAP, CRAP)

I read it but I dont understand the hype or why people do not just read it and move on? Such a waste of a read- poorly written.

I haven't read it, mainly because I like to be contrary and also because it sounds like shit. I haven't read Twilight either, my 40 year old SIL is into it though - surely she's too old :wacko:

Just seen this :haha:

I can just imagine the writing style being pretty spot on :lol:

Attachments

• 484402_418652471510117_141965740_n.jpg
    484402_418652471510117_141965740_n.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
I gave in and read it...the hype interested me...

...wish it was possible to 'un-read' it though...writing that bad could never turn me on (I'm a bit of a book snob).

I saw someone on fb say that it was really well written, made me laugh because even people talking about it on tv say that it's poorly written. It's just hype IMO, there's probably loads of better erotic novels out there (i can only assume since it's not really my thing) but for some reason this one has become mainstream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->