Anyone NOT trying again?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
My first pregnancy was successful, and my son is now 2. I had a MMC last December and I'm worried I'll be getting similar news soon. I saw a heartbeat at 8 weeks, and I'll be 11 weeks at my scan on Thursday.

If I do have another MMC, I really don't think I want to try again. When I first got my positive with this pregnancy, I told my husband three losses would be my max, but I don't think I'll be able to handle another if I have a second loss. He doesn't want to talk about it because we have nothing indicating this will be another loss, but I have to prepare myself.

I feel OK with only having one child; I feel very fortunate to have him. I love the idea of a big family, but I see definite benefits to stopping at one.

I feel like I need to have a plan in place before I go in for my next scan on Thursday. I think it'll help me cope. I wouldn't make any permanent decisions (vasectomy, etc) for couple years to be sure, but just mentally I need a plan.

Anyone else not trying again?

We suffered our second missed miscarriage last week. I said that if it happened again that was it. It's been so tough, tougher the second time round in some ways as I know how I'd feel with it happening second time around. But there is a lot of me who wants to try again..... I don't want to decide immediately but my gut feeling is that we will. Hubble wants to.
Our four year old son is amazing. We adore him and we give him so much attention and love. He is spoilt to be honest :) but I would prefer for him not to be an only child but that's just for him to have company x

I'm on my 3rd loss but my first two were early chemicals . This recent one was MMC (horrible, sorry for yours)
Hubby and I really want a third baby, we aren't sure when we will try again but we both said this will be the last try for us.
I think it's definitely normal to be worrying and thinking about the "what ifs".
I hope you have a healthy pregnancy this time and you get to see the heartbeat again at your scan , I know I would be feeling very worried too as any one would be after losses. Try to think positive , I hope to see a happy update !

I had a chemical, mmc then a blighted ovum in a row, after 2 years of trying and 3 losses I'm not sure if we're going to try again anytime soon.

Sorry for your loss xx

I did try again after my mmc and luckily went on to have a healthy baby but had the most stressful first 12 weeks. I was constantly bleeding and was backwards and forwards to epu for scans, each time feeling totally devastated. It is incredibly difficult trying and being pregnant after a loss, I'm just hoping everything is ok this time for you

We're not trying for a while at least.
Our first pregnancy was a MMC, second was a healthy boy and third was another MMC (blighted ovum) at 12 weeks in August.

I look at my son and I feel like he looks lonely I don't know if that's just me being grief stricken. But I can't go through this again, not yet anyway. I've made myself goals to look forward to (birthdays, xmas, new car, family holiday).
I definitely wanna give him a sibling in the future but this last loss has thrown me off a little. Xx

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. I'm so sorry for all of the losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->