Anyone on Clomid?

Temp just shot up from 98 this morning to 99.2 about 10 min ago...i hope it stays high..but i have been feeling a bit crummy these past 2 days..could just be a cold coming on and we just go back from a trip so might have picked somthing up..I guess we'll see
I might have misunderstood you but temping is only accurate when you compare your temps day to day upon first waking up before you even get out of bed. And each day the times need to be done with a half hour of each other. Foe example, I set my alarm for 4:30, so I need to do my temps as close as possible to that time every day. If your checking your temp orally, you'll want to lay in bed with you mouth closed for ten minutes, if your doing it vaginally, you can just take it immediately. Even on the weekends you want to set your alarm clock to continue to take it at the same time.

before clomid i wasnt ovulating at all had been a year since i last did which lead me to have a 3 month cycle. just did my first round of clomid 50mg days 5-9 and i ovulated on cd19 i charted this cycle and got pregnant first go so dont know if it would have led me to ovulate on the 19th each time or not
Jaime, did you have cramping and ovarian pain when you O? How much were you and DH able to get it on during O?

Temp just shot up from 98 this morning to 99.2 about 10 min ago...i hope it stays high..but i have been feeling a bit crummy these past 2 days..could just be a cold coming on and we just go back from a trip so might have picked somthing up..I guess we'll see
I might have misunderstood you but temping is only accurate when you compare your temps day to day upon first waking up before you even get out of bed. And each day the times need to be done with a half hour of each other. Foe example, I set my alarm for 4:30, so I need to do my temps as close as possible to that time every day. If your checking your temp orally, you'll want to lay in bed with you mouth closed for ten minutes, if your doing it vaginally, you can just take it immediately. Even on the weekends you want to set your alarm clock to continue to take it at the same time.

yep you are right ..that is why i gave up temp..to much work for me ...and then i was going crazy as sometimes the heater at home kicking in and i wonder if it was going to affect my temp in the morning :dohh:so i was all worried about my temp all the time !!!

Tigerlilies how long is your cycle ?

Only 23-24 days, my luteal phase was only 10-11 days long. Even though I was able to get PG twice before, I lost them both. Blood clots were ruled out so the Dr suggested clomid to help mature the egg more in case that was the problem.

you are in the USA as well :) where is Tarheel ?

North Carolina, any who has gone to NC University calls it a tarheal state, something about the civil war but I didn't go there, I'm a transplant from upstate NY. I just used it to avoid a snoopy coworker who found my previous BnB account.

Well I only checked my temp cuz i havent been feeling well and i wanted to see if i was running a fever..I had checked it yesterday morning and it was 98.1 or somthing like that..than it was 99.2 and it hasnt gone back down or even went up from there..so i know im not running a fever..i usually check my temp here and there but i dont keep a close eye on it..but i know right before i OV'd it was 97 or so..I Ov'd on Friday and my temp has stayed up..so im just hoping its good sign...

North Carolina, any who has gone to NC University calls it a tarheal state, something about the civil war but I didn't go there, I'm a transplant from upstate NY. I just used it to avoid a snoopy coworker who found my previous BnB account.

Howdy Neighbor!! :haha: What part of NC are you in?

Hi all I thought I would pop in and respond to the OP about clomid and ovulation - I am on my first round of clomid at 100mg days 3-7, and I usually have a cycle anywhere between 23 and 28 days.
I usually ov on CD12 but this month, because of the clomid, I am ovulating early on CD9!! I am a bit stunned and am just hoping there is enough uterine lining there in case of implantation. It was 6mm yesterday so am hoping for a little more today!
Good luck everyone :flower:

hi ladies, I just came off of clomid, took it cd5-9, I am on cd11, I am both excited and scared to see what happens this cycle, excited b/c I feel like it is going to happen, and scared b/c I am scared it is not going to happen, but anyway I was told to start bd'ing on cd14-17, is it ok if I am bd'ing every other day from today, I don't want to miss my O day, my body is so out of wack I have no idea when I am ovulating!!!

ezperanza... if ya dont know when your Oing... how bout some OPKs to try to find out? thats the only way I personally know... I dont really get O pains or CM or anything so I actually started off using OPKs to find out... then actually I got a little obsessive and bout a CBFM too.. so I use both..without those gadgets I would never know when I was about to O

oh and if your wondering who I am.. haha I just jumped in on your thread here girls... I am actually to start Clomid next cycle...(thats if AF shows up... I am 3DPO right now) just reading up on the Clomid threads on here

Hi all I thought I would pop in and respond to the OP about clomid and ovulation - I am on my first round of clomid at 100mg days 3-7, and I usually have a cycle anywhere between 23 and 28 days.
I usually ov on CD12 but this month, because of the clomid, I am ovulating early on CD9!! I am a bit stunned and am just hoping there is enough uterine lining there in case of implantation. It was 6mm yesterday so am hoping for a little more today!
Good luck everyone :flower:

Holy moley! CD9!?! I wish you tons of luck zucchini! Are you on any progesterone?

hi ladies, I just came off of clomid, took it cd5-9, I am on cd11, I am both excited and scared to see what happens this cycle, excited b/c I feel like it is going to happen, and scared b/c I am scared it is not going to happen, but anyway I was told to start bd'ing on cd14-17, is it ok if I am bd'ing every other day from today, I don't want to miss my O day, my body is so out of wack I have no idea when I am ovulating!!!

I know about what you mean with being excited and scared, I'm right there with you! I really think clomid is our ticket too but scared that spermy didn't make its way down the right tube or something! My dr suggested every other day, so yeah, keep with that. It's a good cushion without getting sick of doing it. Since Miel and I both got more significant ovarian pain with clomid, there's a good chance you will too and know exactly when you're O'ing! Good luck sweetie!

ezperanza... if ya dont know when your Oing... how bout some OPKs to try to find out? thats the only way I personally know... I dont really get O pains or CM or anything so I actually started off using OPKs to find out... then actually I got a little obsessive and bout a CBFM too.. so I use both..without those gadgets I would never know when I was about to O

oh and if your wondering who I am.. haha I just jumped in on your thread here girls... I am actually to start Clomid next cycle...(thats if AF shows up... I am 3DPO right now) just reading up on the Clomid threads on here

Well, I hope AF doesn't show up for ya! :winkwink: But if it does, I wish you luck with your round of clomid! Is clomid an option due to the length you've been TTC now? I'm curious of all the reasons women try it.

I do the basal temping and the OPK's. Because of the clomid, I didn't think I would O until CD13 or 14, maybe even 15 (my usual day is CD12) so I didn't bother OPK testing until Cd11 and bam! It was pos! I'm so glad that I didn't wait another day but the ovarian pain was quite noticeable this time, more so compare to pre-clomid cycles.

Hi Tigerlilies, I am not on any progesterone but the doctor does not seem that worried about the short cycle... she said it is probably due to elevated estrogen in the first part of the cycle, but since I am ovulating and getting AF regularly there is no great concern. Hmmmm, we'll see I guess!!
This month is weirder than usual though because of the clomid. She said that everything would be earlier than normal, and so far she has been right. I guess if it doesn't work out this time, at least the cycle is so short that I will be able to start again in just a couple of weeks! Trying to stay optimistic.

Hmm.....is she at least willing to check your progesterone levels so many days after O to make sure it's nothing to worry about? See, my dr gave me the clomid and progesterone b.c of my short cycles.

thanks for asking T-lilly (my fav flower by the way)... but my OB/GYN put me on it probally because of my age (Im 40) and told him we have been trying for 6 months...said at my age, we shouldnt "try" too long before seeking medical help. He can only prescribe the Clomid thats the extent I believe a typical OB/GYN can do, anything further would need to come from a FS. He gave me a 3 month script at 50 said try for 3 months then if that doesnt work he would refer me to a FS.

I think what I will do is call the office today, ask for him to prescribe me 21Day Progestrone tests, to make sure everything is ok, then if this all doesnt work for the 3 months, then the FS will have some "data" to look at ya know ?

oh and looks like Clomid moved up your O date... thats good right? what days did you take it ?

The progesterone test is an excellent idea!

I took the clomid CD3-7. I normally O CD12 so nothing changed with that which was surprising, I really thought it would be pushed back a day or two. What's interesting, is today I'm CD14 (well, 2dpo I guess) and I'm getting mild cramping. I would have passed it off as being from my Reflexology treatment last night (I'm having the girl work on areas that affect the uterus and pelvis) but I didn't notice cramping after last week's session. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->