Anyone on Clomid?

BD every other day should be fine girls...as if i remember correctly the cycle i got pregnant with clomid was the cycle we BD the least !!!

As for me i am really close to "o " i can already see some natural signs from my body :)...we going to get to work very soon:)

My doc just prescribed clomid but wants us to do artificial insemination...
Is this really necessary??? i mean we had lots of test done and all are fine.
I have a regular period and we are young (25 & 26)....

Can i just take the clomid?

Most Dr's start women on clomid then work their way up to IVF b.c it's so expensive and most insurances don't cover IVF. Clomid is definitely what you should be trying. Now it doesn't work for everyone and I've heard these women responded better to......Fertinex.....I think that's what it's called.

Did you used to be on BC? I read that BC can lower your B6 and you should take extra. For example, I take prenatals in the morning then at night calcium, B6, and folic acid.

My doc just prescribed clomid but wants us to do artificial insemination...
Is this really necessary??? i mean we had lots of test done and all are fine.
I have a regular period and we are young (25 & 26)....

Can i just take the clomid?

we were suggest to do 3 month of clomid (got pregnant ont he second month ) at 50 mg..but then if it did not work i was suppose to clomid 100g with insimination not IVF...just artificial insimination...

Thanks for your responses...

@ tigerlilies never been on BC and i have been taking prenatals everyday for the last couple of months

@ Miel Our doc did say artificial insimination(not IVF) with the clomid and if that didnt work then we could look into some kind of shots with IVF.

Just wondering if maybe clomid will be enough??? a little scared of artificial insimination(not IVF).

That reads good to me! I hope the clomid works for you on your first round!

hi ladies, I just came off of clomid, took it cd5-9, I am on cd11, I am both excited and scared to see what happens this cycle, excited b/c I feel like it is going to happen, and scared b/c I am scared it is not going to happen, but anyway I was told to start bd'ing on cd14-17, is it ok if I am bd'ing every other day from today, I don't want to miss my O day, my body is so out of wack I have no idea when I am ovulating!!!

I know about what you mean with being excited and scared, I'm right there with you! I really think clomid is our ticket too but scared that spermy didn't make its way down the right tube or something! My dr suggested every other day, so yeah, keep with that. It's a good cushion without getting sick of doing it. Since Miel and I both got more significant ovarian pain with clomid, there's a good chance you will too and know exactly when you're O'ing! Good luck sweetie!
Thank you I hope this works for you as well!!, I am on cd 13 !! I have been taking those opk strips we'll see what happens:DD::D

Thanks for your responses...

@ tigerlilies never been on BC and i have been taking prenatals everyday for the last couple of months

@ Miel Our doc did say artificial insimination(not IVF) with the clomid and if that didnt work then we could look into some kind of shots with IVF.

Just wondering if maybe clomid will be enough??? a little scared of artificial insimination(not IVF).

i remember just being scare to death just to take clomid ...like i said previously when i took my first pill of it i could not believe it had came to that ,i really had mix feeling about it i was nervous i was exited and i was upset it came to that...on the same time i kept telling me myself since i had "unexplain infertility " at least there was nothing enormous wrong with us ...
When the first round of clomid did not work i was really really sad and i think my hormones were all over the place as well and one more time we were again defeated ! but i think the first month on clomid my body needed to be adjust to it so to speak and then on the second cycle we were pregnant maybe because my body kind of knew then what it was suppose to do :)...so even so the docs never find anything wrong with us i believe since i got pregnant with clomid my body was ovulating but the ovulation was just not strong in off may be and the meds gave me the extra boost i needed :happydance:

BD started for us ...:blush::thumbup:

Girls let me know if you want me to leave this thread as i am not currently taking clomid for number #2 :blush:i will take clomid if nothing happen by January but let me know if you want to keep it just "clomid club'" i will understand :)

Absolutely not Miel! You need to stay and keep updating us on how things are going! :thumbup:
Oh! And enjoy the BDing! :winkwink:

My hubby thinks I’m exaggerating and stressing for nothing since the doc didn’t find anything wrong with us.
He tells me it’s just not our time yet  which puts me into tears each time.
I know god will give us one when he thinks the time is right but it still breaks my heart each time AF shows up 

Anyways I had and HSG a few weeks ago & read that sometimes this clears this helps clear the way so fingers crossed this month (AF due Nov 17th).
If we don’t get preggo this month I’ll start on clomid which I know will be an even bigger heart break for me if we don’t get preggo with clomid

Try not to be disheartened Waiting. It's the most difficult thing to accept that God's plans don't always happen when we want them too, the good and the challenging. January is when DH and I started trying, it's been 10 months and we still don't have a baby. In fact, our first baby would have been due in just two and a half weeks. It sucks, I know, it really sucks. But at least there isn't anything wrong with either on of you b.c that would be harder to work with. Hopefully the missing piece of your puzzle is the clomid, but if there are a couple more pieces that need to be used, when the puzzle is done, it won't make it any less precious.

Sorry if that was like a Hallmark card but I hope it makes sense and helped. Just know this road isn't easy for everyone and you're definitely not alone! :hugs:

Hi everyone,

I am on my first round of Clomid 50mg (today was the second pill). The Dr told me that my husband should refrain from ejaculation of any kind for at least two days before ovulation but no more than 5 days prior. I ovulate on my own but I would imagine it would happen sooner than normal. I'm curious at how soon I will ovulate after the 5th pill. Can anyone tell me how soon they ovulated after the 5th pill so I can see if it is pretty consistent? Also if anyone knows any tricks at getting through the side effects of Clomid I would appreciate anything you are willing to share.

Thanks,
Hope

good questions hope if my af comes this month i will also start clomid and not sure when we should start bd?? when do i begin testing for ovulation same as usul?? what side affects are most common w clomid?

My Dr said to start testing on day 10 l am taking clomid days 5-9. I was told most common are headaches, bloating, hot flashes, mood swings, breast tenderness, nausea, nervousness and insomnia. I personally have experienced the headaches, hot flashes, bloating and nausea but nothing too extrem.

I have to admit, the latest I read about someone starting clomid was CD4 so they stopped CD8 and O around CD17 but everyone is different I'm sure. I took it CD3-7 and O day 12 and that is my regular day of O too. Did your Dr also tell you to start taking Robitussin CD10 to thin out the CM?
My reaction to clomid was some irritability and fatigue but nothing huge either.

Thanks Tigerlilies. My Dr told me a lot of women did use Robitussin but it was optional. I'm on pill number 3 and so far I feel normal in that area.

MY Dr said nothing to be about robitussin :( should i also be taking it along with my clomid?

Waiting, you do 1/2 a teaspoon four times a day a couple of days before you start O. My husband and I BD CD10 and he said it felt sticky, and not the good CM sticky. I even used the conception lube! He couldn't even come b.c it was messing him up so I started the Robitussin that day and the next day he said it felt more normal.

I guess i need to add Robitussin on my things to buy this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->