Anyone on Femara this month?

Laurana

Working on #4
Reaction score
I am cycle day 2 and using Femara (unmonitored) this month. Anyone else? Monitored or unmonitored? Femara is all new for me and I'd love to go through it with someone else!!!

I am cycle day 2 and using Femara (unmonitored) this month. Anyone else? Monitored or unmonitored? Femara is all new for me and I'd love to go through it with someone else!!!

I have been on it for 3 months.. first month i had about 5 follies, second month I had 1 and this month I had 2. I decided to get bloodwork this month because I have yet to get a pos opk on my own. I have noticed that my cycles are getting shorter each month.... I don't usually have short cycles, if anything I am a few days late. So the dr said if it is short again, he will probably put me on clomid. Which I would rather not do. Haven't really had any other side effects besides the short cycles. I have also been taking the Ovidrel shot, so not sure which one is causing the short cycle. I am 8 days past IUI and 10days past trigger.

I have been on it for 3 months.. first month i had about 5 follies, second month I had 1 and this month I had 2. I decided to get bloodwork this month because I have yet to get a pos opk on my own. I have noticed that my cycles are getting shorter each month.... I don't usually have short cycles, if anything I am a few days late. So the dr said if it is short again, he will probably put me on clomid. Which I would rather not do. Haven't really had any other side effects besides the short cycles. I have also been taking the Ovidrel shot, so not sure which one is causing the short cycle. I am 8 days past IUI and 10days past trigger.

I'm new to meds... Have been just hoping and trying for the last year or two. I've heard good things about Femara so I'm hoping it works for me :)

I am a bit concerned because every one seems to be getting triggers and being monitored and I'm not doing either... Hmmm

I'm new to meds... Have been just hoping and trying for the last year or two. I've heard good things about Femara so I'm hoping it works for me :)

I am a bit concerned because every one seems to be getting triggers and being monitored and I'm not doing either... Hmmm

My dr gave me the option to just do femara... I just chose to have extra eyes!

My dr gave me the option to just do femara... I just chose to have extra eyes!

Good! So it's not just my doc! What dose have you been using?

I will b taking femara monitored nxt cycle after doing 11 rounds of clomid. I hated clomid, it's a evil drug with the side effects u get. Good luck sweetie

I will b taking femara monitored nxt cycle after doing 11 rounds of clomid. I hated clomid, it's a evil drug with the side effects u get. Good luck sweetie

I was not wanting it at all... but the doc was like.. I think we will try you on Clomid now :growlmad: I was a weenie and didn't say no. What is wrong with me?!?
Thanks for the luck :flower: Good luck to you. Did you ovulate on clomid? and if so how many follies did you get?

I was not wanting it at all... but the doc was like.. I think we will try you on Clomid now :growlmad: I was a weenie and didn't say no. What is wrong with me?!?
Thanks for the luck :flower: Good luck to you. Did you ovulate on clomid? and if so how many follies did you get?

Yes I did O on clomid I always had heaps of follicles, between 15 nd 18 I no, heaps right lol but it was so cruel on my body as clomid is to every women.

Yes I did O on clomid I always had heaps of follicles, between 15 nd 18 I no, heaps right lol but it was so cruel on my body as clomid is to every women.

holy smokes.. did you still try with that many? What happened when you would have that many?

holy smokes.. did you still try with that many? What happened when you would have that many?

Yes I certainly did try but still didn't result in a pregnancy. All it done was make my ovaries feel like I had basketballs instead, very painful.

My gosh... I'm glad I'm on Femara - Clomid sounds dreadful! All I've had with the Femara is headaches and odd OPKs. I can live with that

My gosh... I'm glad I'm on Femara - Clomid sounds dreadful! All I've had with the Femara is headaches and odd OPKs. I can live with that

Good luck sweetheart. I am CD23 of a un-medicated cycle nd will start femara nxt cycle so I am pleased to hear u haven't got any horrid side effects :)

This is my first cycle trying Femara after My body failed to O on clomid (200mg cd5-9) My first RE appt was today and she prescribed Femara 12.5mg cd2-6. Does that does seem a little high for my first time using Femara?

This is my first cycle trying Femara after My body failed to O on clomid (200mg cd5-9) My first RE appt was today and she prescribed Femara 12.5mg cd2-6. Does that does seem a little high for my first time using Femara?

Wow... That's a lot. I have heard of women that didn't O on clomid jumping to higher doses, but that's the highest I've seen. Maybe it's higher because its 2-6 instead of 3-7 or 5-9? Maybe your doc just means business and will get you your BFP soon :)

Femara has so few side effects that it shouldn't be a problem and might help!

Anyone have weird OPK results on Femara? I'm getting days worth of almost positives. Today mine looked really close to positive and now my cervix has moved- no longer high up... Not sure if I ovulated without a positive OPK or if I'm still waiting to ovulate. It's still early for me- I'm CD10 when usually I don't O until day 12

It does seem a wee bit high for the first round. Do u O on ur own at all?

Ive never confirmed ovulation the whole time Ive been ttc, not even while on clomid. I had a few positive OPKs but a day21 progesterone test said I didnt ovulate. That could be why she started me on such a high dose. Im trying to keep my hopes up that Femara will bring on ovulation, but nothing else has worked so Im having my doubts that this will.

Ive never confirmed ovulation the whole time Ive been ttc, not even while on clomid. I had a few positive OPKs but a day21 progesterone test said I didnt ovulate. That could be why she started me on such a high dose. Im trying to keep my hopes up that Femara will bring on ovulation, but nothing else has worked so Im having my doubts that this will.

There are actually really good stats for Femara bringing on ovulation for women that clomid failed for. I think the stats were nearly 20% chance of a BFP per cycle on Femara after being unable to ovulate on clomid

when u would get pos opk's wot CD were they do u remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->