Anyone on prometrium??

laila 44

Reaction score
What side effects if any are you experiencing. I'm about to start the vaginal pills and I'm afraid of side effects :( as if I don't have enough nausea and dizziness :shrug:

I took it when I was pg with DD1 and DD2 and never got any side effects😉 but I got some orange/brownish discharge as well as some spotting because of it so don't worry it's normal☺

Thank you ladies xx I feel reassured now

Hi laila, i remember you from ttc threads!hope things are going well? I got a bfp a wk ago but have been on cyclogest progesterone since 3dpo. Its taken vaginally and i think its more or less the same as prometrium- have to admit it makes me so drowsy, i cannot stay awake in the evenings-about two hrs after i take it im just exhausted. Also i find it quite messy and inconvenient-i try lie down(not easy with other smallies) for 30 mins when i take it as it just seems to leak out otherwise. Quite headachey and achey joints too but these seem to have settled down now. X

Hi laila, i remember you from ttc threads!hope things are going well? I got a bfp a wk ago but have been on cyclogest progesterone since 3dpo. Its taken vaginally and i think its more or less the same as prometrium- have to admit it makes me so drowsy, i cannot stay awake in the evenings-about two hrs after i take it im just exhausted. Also i find it quite messy and inconvenient-i try lie down(not easy with other smallies) for 30 mins when i take it as it just seems to leak out otherwise. Quite headachey and achey joints too but these seem to have settled down now. X

Oh hey!!! Congrats !!! I remember you :) yes it is messy I'm not liking it at all. I put in at night before bed so I guess it works while I sleep through the symptoms ... I just feel cramps today but that's about it. Welcome to first trimester xx

I'm taking it and it's really fine, though it's hard to separate the effects of the meds and of pregnancy. I just assumed my fatigue was part of pregnancy but maybe the Prometrium affects it too. Not sure.

Yeah i started mine at 3dpo and noticed the tiredness straightaway so didnt think of it being down to preg but i supoose you're right it could be!

My boobs are killing me but killing me since I started!!!!

I've been taking it since 3DPO too (got my BFP 3 days ago! YAY!)

It's SOO much less annoying taking it knowing that there is an actual baby it's supporting. Taking it for two weeks and then finding out there was no reason to do so was always frustrating.

I am pretty use to it by now after about 7 months. I just try to lay down for about 15-20 minutes if I can, and I don't get TOO much leakage. (more CM for sure though) it does make me a bit groggy sometimes and the girls do get sore.

TIP (AND BIG OLD TMI WARNING): Every 4-5 or so days, I stick a finger up there and scrape out some of the excess. I've found it makes me more comfortable. I don't go crazy and try to get it ALL or anything, just some of the clumps. And if you're going to do this, always do it right before your next dose. By then everything from the dose before will already have absorbed.

I take it by mouth, and just get tired (I sleep well!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->