anyone on their second pregnancy and feeling crappier this time around?

Stellae

Reaction score
Maybe I just have a bad memory, but I feel so much grosser this time around! I didn't have achey boobs or much nausea last time, but this time I wince whenever I breathe in, and every other day I'm nauseous for 6+ hours!

I'm actually getting kinda nervous about delivery now too, I have scar tissue from the first (vaginal) delivery and I'm afraid it'll be worse this time around :nope:

Yes, yes, and yes! I agree with all of the above! Last time I had food aversions but only 2 days where I felt any sort of nausea. I am constantly naucious with this one!! I think it's been 3 weeks of all day nausea now. I'm so over it!!!

As for delivery, I feel the same there too. I had a traumatic delivery, and have scar tissue also. I'm afraid of tearing again & fairly certain I will :( trying not to think of it often.

Sorry - no words of wisdom, but I can commiserate! :hugs:

I have such horrible morning sickness, sore boobs and fatigue this time around. I feel drained nearly all the time. I haven't even thought about the labour! :(

this is my third pregnancy and definitely my hardest one so far, I feel nauseous most of the time. My first pregnancy was similar but the nausea wasn't quite as constant, second pregnancy I felt great and with only the odd episode of very mild nausea.

defiantly i only felt sick a few times wiv dd this time round i feel sick most the time i had no spots with dd im covered on my face at mo back ache sides hurt back of my legs hurt defo wasnt like this with dd n

This has definitely been a harder pregnancy. I haven't felt too sick luckily, but I've had food aversions and my main problem is with the tiredness. It is so hard being pregnant and having a toddler who wakes up ridiculously early!

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and so far I'm not top bad. My bobs are mega sore, I get tired and I feel sick if I don't eat for a while but apart from that I'm OK (touch wood) my 2nd pregnancy was awful but I've got a feeling I will feel a lot worse by 7 weeks

Yes! All of the above. I've been almost constantly nauseous, have actually gotten sick more than the first time around (but mostly just tons of dry heaving, all day) and far more exhausted. Exhaustion might have to do with taking care of a toddler too, ha. My skin has gotten awful and I just feel gross all the time. I also have scar tissue and am so nervous about tearing again. :(

I have always suffered badly from Ms so was expecting it this time but not generally unwell I feel. I feel dreadful, boobs killing, achey, so tired and constantly sick. With my boys once I was sick in the morning I was fine but that doesn't seem the case this time. Hoping it passes soon and I can feel normal again x

Yes!!! I've definetly struggled more this time round, I think it's a combination of being older and having a little one to run round after at the same time. Either that or like someone else said my memory is shocking and I did feel as rubbish and just don't remeber it :dohh:

I'm trying to remind myself that it won't last forever and my sickness is just starting to fade but the exhaustion seems to be getting worse as opposed to better and some days I feel like I will feel like this forever :haha:

Same here, I am nauseous all day and feel constantly exhausted. I swear it wasn't this bad with my first.

Thank you for commiserating with me everyone!! I'm glad I'm not the only one, I know every pregnancy is different but man, this is tough so far. I'm also way more bloated than I was with my first and with my second that ended in MC, but the second makes sense I suppose since the baby was measuring too small for his/her age anyway.

I have to believe that lots of women who delivered vaginally tore and have scar tissue, and that plenty of them probably tore again but still survived... so I suppose that's good? I'm pretty much resigned to tearing again, I'm just afraid of tearing worse, or tearing and having complications.

I don't think I was stitched very well, I was sore for ages and couldn't sit for more than about 20 minutes until 2-3 weeks after delivery... I don't want to deal with that again! I never had trouble with incontinence either, and I'm terrified it'll happen this time around. I was never given a rating for my tear, but I got a lot of "oh sweetie, you poor thing!" from nurses, had at least 6-7 stitches... but no tearing through or anything. Still terrified!

I'm definitely having a harder time this time. My first pregnancy was a complete breeze. I haven't actually had to vomit this time but definitely have nausea. I'm a bit worried about delivery. I had a tear that didn't heal correctly. I have a small area they call a fibroid. It was either reconstructive surgery or another baby to fix it. That's not why we are having the baby but didn't want to fix it until we are finished having children. The crazy thing is I got to 6cm before the epidural. The epidural actually slowed my delivery so the forceps were used thus the tear. I'm actually considering no epidural. I have to get through the first trimester before I can devote my worries to that! :nope:

I'm definitely feeling worse this time. My only symptom with DS was slightly sore boobs when I first got my bfp. This time I'm exhausted, I cant stop crying and my favourite foods taste sucky. Thankfully I've still not had any sickness and FX that stays away!

Oh no! I had so much hope for second time being easier XD

Even though I loved being pregnant, it was horrible.

Hang in there ladies & congratulations!

If I compare my first two they were polar opposites. With each child you have the pg will be different in some ways or all. But what I can say for utmost certainty, is each one is unique. Enjoy it. ;)

The crazy thing is I got to 6cm before the epidural. The epidural actually slowed my delivery so the forceps were used thus the tear. I'm actually considering no epidural. I have to get through the first trimester before I can devote my worries to that! :nope:

That's crazy- I was also at 6 before getting an epidural, then things slowed, and ended up delivering with forceps and tearing because of it. I think I brought the tear on myself, the nurse kept insisting I'd feel the urge to push but two hours later I still felt absolutely nothing even though I'd been 10cm for a while... so I lied and pushed anyway :blush:.

DS was rotated sideways so I think it was inevitable, but I always wonder if I wouldn't have teared and if I truly would have felt the need to push even with the epidural.

The crazy thing is I got to 6cm before the epidural. The epidural actually slowed my delivery so the forceps were used thus the tear. I'm actually considering no epidural. I have to get through the first trimester before I can devote my worries to that! :nope:

That's crazy- I was also at 6 before getting an epidural, then things slowed, and ended up delivering with forceps and tearing because of it. I think I brought the tear on myself, the nurse kept insisting I'd feel the urge to push but two hours later I still felt absolutely nothing even though I'd been 10cm for a while... so I lied and pushed anyway :blush:.

DS was rotated sideways so I think it was inevitable, but I always wonder if I wouldn't have teared and if I truly would have felt the need to push even with the epidural.

Would you ever consider no epidural this time? :shrug:

I never felt that pressure to push. I actually never really got to 10cm. It was like you are so close we're just gonna start pushing.

I didn't get an epidural so I'm not sure what that would have been like, but without one, it's like your body just takes over and you kinda start involuntarily bearing down. It's crazy! I'd actually be surprised if an epidural can stop that instinct, but I suppose it's possible!

I had an epi with my first and still felt the urge to push. I think it's partly down to how strong the epi is. I wasn't totally numb with mine, I swear I could have got up and walked if I'd wanted to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->