Anyone over 35 want a buddy?

Bann I had an ultrasound on my first at 6wks and they couldn't see anything I had to come back in the next week and on that visit they could identify the fetal pole. I know it is upsetting but I think that is why they say not to scan too early as it can be upsetting. As I have scanned early I know exactly how you feel that it gives reassurance but honestly a day or two can make a a difference pre-12wks it can all depend on how long your implantation took. I know it is easy to say but try to hang in there until Wednesday I have everything crossed for you. xxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hug:

Bann--gosh honey... big hugs for you. I am so sorry you are upset, lets hope Wednesday...comes super quick, gosh I wish I could say something that would make ya feel better, but I am sure nothing will... come on wednesday...come on!!!

Leeze- thats great that so far you havent had any sever Morning Sickness (knock on wood) and yep hopefuly you get alot of rest this weekend

Irish-it seems you had yourself a nice scann... congrats to you... now do they give ya a little picture for the early scans for you to take home and "put on the frig" ?

Hello and welcome to you Deb. And I so know what ya mean... I am very private as well... and although my sister and a few close friends know we are trying... we have not made a public annoucement of this to our whole family or all of our friends, as I do not want to be asked everytime I see them... so are you pregnant. So I keep my sanity about my TTCing on these forums. Welcom to our friendly thread : )

As for me... not to much to report... 7DPO my temps have remaind high... but they always seem to until right before AF comes. I have zero symptoms to report. This new FS I went to see did put me on Progestrone Suppositories, he said in every single cycle wether he has his patients on meds or even a natural cycle he always likes to put women on Progestrone Support during their TWW.... so thats what I am doing... 3 suppositories a day... fun stuff... NOT... haha

ahhh Crap girls... I turn 41 next Sunday.... Not looking foward to turning another year older... I stopped celebrating my birthday when I turned 30... I for some reason have a really hard time with with growing older...hate the wrinkles...hate the gray hairs I am finding in my head...blah blah....and does that also mean I will have to officially change my Babynbump User name to now ttc1st_at_41... how depressing :(

Hi everyone and welcome to Deb - I hope you stick around, this is a lovely supportive group :flower:

Bann - sorry to hear that you didn't see more at the scan. I think everyone is different and a lot of places won't give you an early scan until you're after 7 weeks because you don't always see anything until then. I went for a scan at what I thought was 6 weeks and 4 days but the nurse actually put me back to 5 weeks and 6 days by her reckoning. She said there was a faint flicker of a heartbeat that looked like it had just started. Also she said that at the first scan you could be anything between 7-14 days out in terms of the dates. So, I think it's very possible that your dates are out a bit and it's just to early to see anything. When I had the m/c last year I had a scan at 5 weeks and 2 days and there wasn't even a sac. So I think the fact that you saw a sac is a good sign. Fingers crossed for you that the scan on Wednesday shows you more. Until then, I think do whatever you can to make yourself feel a bit better - a bit of retail therapy or pampering maybe? :hugs:

Irish - it's actually 6 weeks since I got the BFP so going by the dates from my period I would be 10 weeks tomorrow. I changed the date on my ticker though so that it would be in line with what the nurse told me at the scan. That's fantastic news about your scan - no wonder you are feeling emotional right now! It's a very emotional and exciting time. I'm totally wishing the days and the weeks away at the moment too. I want the next 2 weeks to pass very quickly so I can go for my next scan!! :hugs:

TTC - 7dpo is still quite early for symptoms so hang on in there!! I think I felt a tiny bit of cramping around 8 or 9dpo but really it wasn't until after I got the BFP that I felt anything more. Wow - 3 suppositories a day! You are an inspiration. At least you know that you can't do much more this cycle to help things along!! hopefully this will be your lucky cycle, honey. If not then next month with the IVF - wouldn't that be an amazing birthday present. My colleague's cousin has just got pregnant with IVF and she's 42 - from what I can gather she was feeling really disheartened with everything and now she's about 7 weeks pregnant. You so deserve this after your journey so keep strong, honey :hugs:

Deb - welcome to the group. We all understand the emotional rollercoaster of TTC. Everyone in this group has had some difficulties with it and even though some of us have recently got our BFPs we know the worrying doesn't stop there. Having friends on here has been what has kept me sane over the last 6 months or so (I don't know what I did without BnB in my first 8 months of TTC actually!!). So, any possible signs for you yet this month? :hugs:

I'm having a very lazy day today. I'm tackling some laundry because it's been totally piling up but otherwise am going to chill out. It's Mothers' Day here but I saw my Mum a couple weeks ago and she lives 5 hours drive away so I won't be seeing her today. My OH has gone to see his Mum but I've cried off through "feeling a bit under the weather" - a bit selfish I know but I'm so tired at the moment and work is pretty stressful so I need this relaxation time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Ladies.

Thought I'd call in and introduce myself.
I am 37 (38 this year) and ttc 1st child, I'm on the dreaded 2ww, 2 dpo, I know it's way too early to test but seriously am obsessed with poas lol...

Wishing us all luck x

Welcome Lee best of luck on the 2WW !!!!!!!!!

Bann sorry could see that you were on-line hope you are OK been thinking of you I know it is hard but hang in there :hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies. Thanks for stories about past experiences and support. I know it was probably too early but I just wanted to see it so bad just to have that reassurance. I have been an motional roller coaster thinking "what if it is not there on Wednesday". I will drive myself mad with the "what if" thinking so I have tried to keep myself busy. Had a little bit of a meltdown yesterday but it was brief. My poor hubby just doesn't know what to do when that happens. We were watching a movie and I just completely broke down. We had to turn off the movie and we went outside and did yard work. Had a nice rest of the day. I just need to turn my brain off. Easier said than done! I know every single one of you know the exact feeling about not being able to turn off your brain!

So TTC, I got a good laugh you talking about changing your BNB name given you have a birthday coming up. LOL. I try and skip over my birthday also so I know what you mean and how you feel. As long as mentally and physically you feel young, age is just a number! I honestly don't feel as old as my age says I am. I don't dress and act like a teenager but I feel like I look and feel younger than I am. My husband is 5 years younger than me so I have to keep up with him. LOL. And the suppositories, gosh 3 a day! What we have to do! I am amazed sometimes at everything I am willing to do. We pretty much give up our bodies and do what is necessary. When I was going through the HSG test and I was laying on the metal table with my bum propped up on a stack of towels and my legs spread open with the radiologist telling me to turn left then right then back left then center I was thinking to myself how much we give up of ourselves. But the end result is worth it! When is AF due? I am praying for you this is your month!

So Leeze and Irish, you guys just got your one scan and then you don't get another one until you are 12 weeks? Even given you past they don't do one inbetween? I am hoping I will get another one at 8 weeks and then I probably will not get one till 12 weeks. I am thinking at 8 weeks if everything is good I will be released back to my OBGYN and they will do one at that time. But I haven't really asked so I will on Wednesday.

And Leeze, it is definitely ok to be selfish. You need and deserve "you" time.

Well I hope everyone as a wonderful week. Chat soon. Hugs!...

Hi LeeC. I did not see your post until after mine. Welcome and good luck with the 2WW!

Thanks Irish!!! I am ok at times and then other times I feel so down. Can't wait for Wednesday to get here! My boobs are extremely sore today. Funny to say I am glad to have sore boobs. LOL. I would rather have symptoms than not though!

Thank you ladies. As per usual I am convinving myself I have symptoms already lol... I am driving dh crazy!!!
Wishing us all the best in this dreaded 2ww :)

TTC your gas I did LOL too but know how you feel in some respects I saw pics of myself recently after a night out a few weeks ago and I was like WHO THE HELL IS THAT I had to laugh a little though b/c I really don't feel old but I was looking at the pics and I can see that some time has caught up with me but hey it also shows that you have lived a little and there is nothing wrong with that (went out and bought heavy duty makeup the next day :haha::haha: So have you given in to the temptation to test yet you know me POAS junkie was never able to resisit but I think if you have the willpower it is definately better to hold off until as close to your AF due date. Have all my fingers crossed for you:dust::dust:

Bann you have been on my mind so best of luck today I have everything crossed for you even said a few prayers. I will not see my OBGYN until the 2nd week in March but I have a private scan booked for the 18th of April and if nothing happens between now and then that will be my next appointment. It is a bummber that I have to pay but for peace of mind it is better. I could blag my way in to the Maternity hospital to have another early scan but I just feel unless I have a serious cramp or I am very worried that I might be taking the place of someone else who is in crisis or desperately needs an appointment + I don't want to tempt fate. Don't get me wrong if I feel that anything is weird or I am concerned I will go straight in.

Leeze hope you are feeling OK at the moment it's mad how the hormones get us it is really crazy what we have to go through although the reward is amazing.

Lee how far are you in to your 2WW hope you are not going crazy keep us posted.

Girls catch up with yee soon :dust:Baby dust to the 2WW's and Bann again all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Hi ladies. Quick update from me as I just got back to work not long ago and I don't want to get caught on the internet....

I saw a heartbeat!!! Yay! I measured 6 weeks 5 days and the heartbeat was 125 so that is good. She said the baby had grown a lot since last Friday. Amazing what a few days difference will make!!! I have another scan next Friday for them to make sure baby is growing as he/she should and if everything is good next Friday they will release me back to my OBGYN. I am thrilled! I am still nervous and I guess I will be nervous until I have my beautiful healthy baby in my hands but I am so happy! I was shaking when I walked in this morning I was so nervous. Having a hard time concentrating but I have sooo much work to do!

Well I had to jump on here real quick and share the news! Hope all you ladies are having a wonderful day!...

BRILL NEWS - Thrilled for you I have a scan on Friday so catch up with yee then still very nervous hoping all will be oK and then a scan on the 18th then I am back to my OBGYN for my scan on the 12th of May xxx

Bann - that's AMAZING news about your scan!!! A lovely strong heartbeat too. I'm so happy for you :hugs::hugs:

Irish - I think it's a good idea to go for a private scan for a bit of reassurance - I've been tempted to do that myself but am holding off now as my next scan is 18th April and not too far away now. Funny about you going out to buy new make-up after seeing pictures of yourself. I think in my head I feel about 25 still but have definitely got some lines to show for all the wisdom I've earned over the years!!!! (probably some extra ones from the 14 months of TTC!!!!):haha: :hugs:

TTC - how many dpo now? Any signs yet? When will you be testing? How are you feeling hon? :hugs::hugs:

Lee - good luck with 2WW - how long have you been TTC for? fingers crossed it's your lucky month :hugs:

It's a really beautiful sunny day today in London - 21 degrees - and it's really lifted my spirits. I've also convinced my OH we should go away for a couple of nights over the Easter break for some relaxation - and we're hoping to go stay in the country for a couple of nights. I can't wait!!!

ya ya ya for Bann... a nice heartbeat... thats awesome girl!!!

Irish.. a scann for ya tomorrow? crossing my fingers everything looks greats for ya

Hey Leeze-im hanging in there I am 12 DPO and nope havent peed on any sticks... I am holding out... I am actually on these progestrone supposotiries and they say that stalls your period until you stopp taking them. The way this new FS prescribed them is to take them for 2 weeks, go for a Blood Preg test and if negative stop the suppositories and my period should come in 2-3 days. So I will go in on Saturday for this blood work and Dr will get the results Monday, if its negative I will stop and AF will come. I actually could prob take a home preg test right now... but to be honest I dont think I am preggers... I am of course Optimistic each and every month but I also try to also not get my hopes up too much so that I am let down. It suchs I have to actually go for the HCG, but that is the only way my FS does it... he doesnt want me to go off of them unless I am not pregnant, an as ya know the only real way to tell is by the HCG blood test.... so yep thats the update on me !!!

hello there Lee..... yep its me and you in the TWW....me fun fun... NOT !! haha. the TWW is always the SLOWEST time of the month..yuk!!

TTC you have nerves of steel I will be crossing all my fingers for you. I am on Crinone which is also a Progestern Supp. but I only have to take it in the moring but it is a bit gross you can get a lot of build up (sorry if TMI) so you have to manage it.

So I had the first of my private scans today and it went well thank God he scanned and put me at 7wks 1d which is exactly in line with my scan last week as it was private this time he gave me a lot more attention and did the HB which was 148bpm so he said that was perfectly normal hopefully things will keep progressing normally. You still worry but I think that it was worth the money. My husband thinks I have jumped off the deep end he just can't really understand why I want so many scans he thinks I am nuts :)

Well girls - baby dust to the 2WW, Lezze, Bann hope yee are doing well and yee have a nice weekend. We have started to get some nice weather so plan to take advantage and get some fresh air this weekend.

Good luck with the blood test TTC!! I can't believe you have not POAS yet!! I would be going nuts right now! I envy your strength! I feel very positive for you and it sounds like you have a lot of positive energy going on. And if not this time I am excited that you have found a fantastic FS who is going to help you get your little miracle. Have you still been staying in or have you been going out with friends? I still find myself not wanting to go out still. I RSVP'd me and my husband to a surprise birthday party that one of our friends is throwing for her fiance next weekend. I thought I would force me to get out out again. Now I have been trying to think of excuses to not go. That is terrible I know!! Well good luck with the test. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Irish, I totally missed where you posted you were able to book a private scan today. Yay! Heartbeat of 148! That is awesome! You got a very strong little one there. I am sure you are on cloud 9 right now!

Leeze a mini vaca during Easter sounds fabulous!

It is supposed to be in the 80's here this weekend. What happened to spring?! I am not complaining though. Lots of yard work to do so the nice weather should help us get it done.

Have a great weekend ladies!!

xxx

Guys how did you add the ticker every time I try to add the file it says that it is an Invalid file?

Irish, I went to thebump.com website and went through the steps to create a ticker. At the end it gives you 2 different links or whatever it is called to copy. I copied the second one that is ued on message boards. Then I went into my babyandbump "custom profile" and then clicked on edit signatures and pasted it there and now i have a ticker that shows up on every post. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->