Anyone over 35 want a buddy?

Hi everyone :hugs: - I hope you don't think I'm out of step jumping back on here but I've really missed you guys (yes, it felt like a break-up!) and didn't actually want to leave the group myself when I got my BFP - and reading what you've said over the last couple days has made me think maybe it would have been ok with you guys to stay on here. (I've been stalking you a bit anyway so it would be nice to have a real voice again!! :haha:)

The reason I left was because a few months back when everyone around me (except the 4 of us!) seemed to be getting pregnant I remember feeling like I would really struggle to be happy for someone else and support them through their pregnancy when I was feeling so crappy myself (and this was also linked to my best friend becoming unexpectedly pregnant). So when I got my BFP, I felt like it would be unfair of me to stay on here because you guys might feel the same. I guess I could have checked but I didn't want to have to put you in a position where you felt bad or whatever.

Anyway - my long-winded way of saying - I'd love to come back to the group if you'll have me? :thumbup: (or can even just drop by sometimes to say hello if you'd prefer that?)

TTC - my cycles had started to go all over the place in the last few months and the month I got my BFP I O'd about 4 days later than usual. I bet your O is just around the corner and it sounds like you're doing everything you can to make sure you pin it down! I really hope you catch the egg this month but that's also great that you've got the option of IVF for the following month. :hugs:

Bann and Irish - I'm so pleased for you both that your HCG levels are rising in the way they should be doing. That's fantastic news. It's so hard not to worry, isn't it? I'm still worrying and every couple of days get a funny feeling like AF is about to come and then luckily she doesn't!!

Irish - when is your first scan, that will be so exciting? I had my first scan at what I thought was 6 weeks and 4 days but actually they dated me at 5 weeks and 5 days - and I could see a little bean and a glimmer of a heartbeat. Fingers crossed for you that you get to see a clear picture and get the reassurance you need.

Bann - You said you were going back for more tests today? I hope they give you more good news. :hugs:

You guys all totally deserve this - and what did we say about Spring BFPs!!! :hugs:

Leeze howdi, good to have you back on board glad all is well with you from me anyway I would love you to stay on :thumbup::thumbup: I think we all really had a close bond on this journey which is still going on.

I am going for my scan the 6th of Feb I think I am 5wks today - I am a total mess breaking down in tears at the slightest thing I was balling in my car listening to the radio today I'd say people thought who is that Mad Bat :wacko: in the car. I did my last test this morning (I know I said I wouldn't :) and it showed 3wks+ which puts me (according to the accompanying leaflet) at 5wks+ so I am hoping that it indicates that my HCG is rising.

TTC any news on your Peak I am sure it is coming I can feel it in my bones!!

Bann hope the tests went well when will you have the results?

Guys only a quick drop in as I am wrecked will tune in before the end of the week.

:hugs::hugs:Catch you all soon

Hi Leeze! Yay, glad to see you back on here! :happydance:

Awe Irish. Sorry you have been no emotional! It is your hormone levels rising to out of control! Which is a very good sign!! :)

TTC hope everything is going well with you!! :flower: Your appointment is only 2 days away! Whoohoo!

I got my results back today and my levels went up to 384. I haven't been excited until just now! :happydance: For some reason the call from the doctors office went straight to voice-mail and now I can't get back in touch with them to schedule my next appointment. They want to see me in 9-10 days for a scan. I go out of town next week for work but will be back next Friday just in time to get that scan in. They better have an opening! I am so anxious!

Have a wonderful night ladies! Chat soon! :hugs:

Ah Bann I am so thrilled for you that is brilliant your results have rocked up mine have been a bit slower but hopefully I am still on the good path and will have a positive scan. Honestly having a teary moment for you - you so deserve it. Hope the scan goes well. As for me I am still all over the shop hoping and praying that all will be OK my husband is back tomorrow so that will take some of the pressure off me my little girl is waking at 5.30am every morning and cying to come in to our bed I am too exhausted to argue with her.

Guys I know I have to be more positive and I am trying xxxx

TTC dial in let us know how you are been thinking about you xx

Hi ya Leeze, so nice for you to drop back... hope your feeling great!! How nice to see an ultrasound with a flickering heart beat!! Ya… and Yes I do remember back when you were upset the other girls stayed on this thread after getting their BFP... and I totally totally "got" it as to why you were so upset, I do get it. But as ya know we all have our own opinions, so as for me…although I as well have told you girls how I struggle with seeing other preggers people and get depressed often, I still didn’t mind having them stick on the thread, as I feel we had all formed a bond. And just because they reached the ultimate goal, it seemed as though we wanted to give them the boot, and I think that in return may have been hurtful to them? See what I mean? Oh and I did notice that Ready4onemore actually did end up miscarrying a few weeks after her BFP, but she never came back onto our thread, and that makes me feel bad . Regardless that’s my 2 cents… I don’t want to see anyone go!! Haha

Bann how exicting…and awesome that now you can start getting a little exicted huh!! Wow you will prob be jumpin out of your skin waiting for that scan in 9 days huh? Hope they get ya in next Friday!!!

Irish.. so nice your hubby will be home, gosh I so hate when they are away!!! And hmmm those tests you are using that measure how many weeks you are…sound interesting don’t think we have those here in the US ?

As for me… still no +opk or a peak on my CBFM. And yes Bann I would not be so worried if I was actually on some type of hormones or Clomid or anything this month that would give me a reason for the O to be late, but Im not taking anything this month at all, and that was my worry, that after a year of “normal” cycles that perhaps now my cycle would be “messed” up after taking hormones for a few cycles. Appears that may be the case. Well hopefully I go see this FS tomorrow and he lets me do IVF starting in April. Also he from what I understand also does bloods and ultrasounds… so perhaps he even will be able to “tell” whats going on and why my O is so late this month… maybe aI have a hormone out of balance or such ? we shall see…..

So sorry to hear about ready4onemore! I feel for anyone that has to go through a m/c!! Such a difficult and emotional time!

TTC I didn't even think about you not being on anything. Yeah I can totally understand your concern. It has to be your body going from natural cycles to hormone induced cycles back to natural. Your body just doesn't know what to think or do. I still have my fingers crossed for you +OPK soon. You still BD every other day? Good to hear the FS you will be seeing will go ahead and do bloods and scanning. Good to get everything you can in that visit since you are having to fly there! I will keep you in my prayers!

Irish I know there is nothing that can be said or done to take this worry away. Hubby will be home soon. What is the weather there? Good enough to do some family stuff outdoors? Go to the park and have a picnic or just get out and about to try and keep you mind off things as much as possible? Can you ask your doctor to check your bloods one more time prior to the scan just for peace of mind?

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day.

Hi everyone - just quickly checking in :flower:

TTC - That's really sad to hear about Ready miscarrying - I hadn't realised that. I wouldn't have wanted her not to feel welcome on here so I hope that wasn't the case. I know for me that I was so filled with self-pity at that point that it was difficult for me to think too much about others but I didn't mean to be hurtful - I can see why it could have seemed like that though. I hope you get a good strong O soon - and you get some answers at the appointment tomorrow.

Bann - that's great news your levels have gone up so much - a really good sign. Fingers crossed that they can give you a scan that fit in with the dates you need and you get the reassurance you need

Irish - that's a really good sign that you're feeling so emotional! Great that your husband is back soon - and I think don't be hard on yourself about letting your little girl climb into bed with you - I say do whatever makes things a little bit easier for you at the moment! It's hard isn't it, when you try for ages to get your BFP then when it comes you can't help but worry (I really relate to this!)

I'm feeling quite restless today, not quite sure what to do with myself or what to eat! My OH and are I both off work this week and mainly be chilling out!!

I thought I would check back in again today real quick...

I got my scan scheduled for next Friday at 1:45. Counting down the days! I will be away most of next week for work so that will keep me occupied and my mind off things I'm sure.

Leeze, a week off with the hubby sounds fantastic! I would rather be bored out of my mind at home with my hubby than stressing out at work! Your weather is still cold right? Have you watched any good movies this week? Enjoy your time off!

Speaking of work I better sign off before someone walks by and sees me on here.

xxx

Good luck at your appointment today TTC! I hope you get some wonderfully encouraging feedback that you deserve!

TTC hope you got the answers you were looking for from the FS have they outlined any kind of potential schedule for you? I hope that you will be able to start with the cycle in April as you hoped. I know it will be stressful but also full of promise at least it is a very proactive way to move forward. Let us know how you are getting on.

Leeze hope you are feeling less restless coming in to the weekend relax and enjoy few months and that will be the end of relaxing :)

Bann I am sure you are like myself a virtual jumping bean I can't seem to rest and sometimes find myself holding my breath. Hang in there Friday will be here before you know it.

As for me I have actually started to speak to myself :wacko::wacko: - GRILS HAVE I CROSSED THE LINE TO INSANITY?? :)) LOL. I have been arguing with myself saying "you silly Maw stop fretting blah di blah" only realising that my brain to mouth filter is off and I am actually saying this out loud this has been agrivated by copious amounts of time :shrug:on my own while my husband has been away. He is back now thank God so hopefully will get some down time. I rang the maternity hospital today and advised what my OBGYN said but asked if I could go in next week so they agreed (much to my amazement) to see me first thing on Thursday morning. I am nervous but funnily enough now that I have the appointment I feel a bit more in control and relaxed and will find it easier to get through the majority of next week the 6th of April appointment was tormenting me. Anyhoo I hope yee all have a lovely weekend check in and let us know how you are getting on.

PS that is terrible news about Ready is there any point asking her to come back to be honest I lost touch I am not so good with navigating the site. Don't want to upset her any further as I know myself just how devastating it can be. Anyway just said I would throw it out there I will defer to your thoughts on this matter.

I was told that if you send out postive energy to those you care about that it not only touches them but also comes back to you in other ways.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

hello there girls...

Leeze... Im not sure if ya mentioned... ya got much morning sickness going on yet ? enjoy your week off just relaxing... thats awesome

Bann... how ya doing there girl? greatttt ya got in for next Friday... wooo hooo...you telling anyone in the fam yet ?

and Irish...you cracked me up when ya said you "Crossed the line to Insanity" haha... thats funny stuff... but hope your relaxing now that you got the Thursday Apptment.. now is that for bloods or you going to try for an ultra sound already? Gosh I myself will have no idea what to do once I get pregnant!! haha... I am all full of info on the FS and REs and what test I want to ask them to do...to check for this and that...but gosh once Im preggers I wont know what direction to go or do or what bloods to get done..... or what tests I could possibly ask for haha... I'm sure I'll catch on fast though....and I got all your girls to help me !!

so as for me... Got my +opk and Peak on my CBFM Friday AM.... which is CD19 for me which means my peak came super late, it have always gotten a positive as early as day 11 and no later than day 14 ! so pretty late but Im ust happy I got it, and it was a STRONG surge... For those of ya familuar with the CBFM it is on a timing thing..that you have like a 6 hour window to test. (you set it yourself each cycle) Well I got up at 4:30 am since I had an early flyt out, and when I hit the CBFM it was still on the day before and wasnt asking for a stick yet...so I thought darn thats gonna mess up my whole cycle on that thing anyway... I still wanted to pee on something ... So I used a Smiley Digital one and got a Definate Poistiive. Then right before I walked out of the house for my flight at 6:15 AM the CBFM was now ok with me giving it a stick... I litterally only put like 3 drops on the thing and it still gave me a positive, this is after 2 glasses of water and already going to the bathroom 3 times... haha... so yep a strong surge thats for sure...

anyway... so my new FS... LOVE LOVE him... gosh what a positive man. And apparently very well known and writes a lot of medical papers. Anyway long story short, he definately thinks he can help me get preggers.... said I have a lot going for me...only down fall is my age of course and it is just natural we at this age would take longer to get pregnant. Said sure my FSH is a "little" elevated but he doesnt go strickly by that at all. (very different story from my FS here in Pittsburgh where that damn nurse said... well theres always miracles BUT I have NEVER seen anyone get pregnant with a FSH like yours) ugghhh

He is ok with me starting in April YAYAYA!! he did ultrasounds and cultures while I was there. He did see I had 1 follicle at 22mm so told me to get home and get busy with husband. (VERY normal to only see 1 follicle on an unmedicated cycle) He did say he didnt believe I needed to go for an IUI at my current FS (which I was planning on doing this am...since I already had that planned out) but he said that we had just as good a chance to accomplish it all ourselves. He litterally said to me.. "how much does your current Dr charge for IUI... I said $300 then he said well how much does your husband charge you intercourse... and I laughed of course... then he said I would go with which ever one is cheaper" because he was very confident that my CM was not a problem because LISTEN TO THIS ONE.... he asked me the last time we had intercourse and I told him Wed night... which was 36 hours before, he said well let me try a post colitial test on you to see if we can see how good your CM is and see if we find any sperm and if they are alive. Well he took a culture and put it on a slide with a computer monitor and the COOOLIEST THING ever, there were little sperms in my CM. I know this is what is suppose to happen, but to actually see it up on the computer screen, and know that hubby and I sex a whole day and a half before... it certainly blew my mind to see those little things swimming around... it was just sooooo cool.

Anyway I am over the moon optimistic about this guy. He is going to do on me what is called a low stim protocol. and what it entails is "older womens eggs" tend to not respond so well to high dosages of injectables... so instead they use miniumn stimmulation with medication. When trying to use high dosages of FSH on "older" women most dont even produce a lot of eggs, and if they do they more than likely are not great quality anyway, so this low still protocol is use less injectiables and you would still produce multiple eggs (but they are not going for 20) they would be happy with 2-6 follicles and what they are going for is quality over quality. So yep thats what I am doing...oh and it is 1/2 price of normal IVF so only appx $4K. His normal full stim is only appx $7k. Obviously I am going to get busy as much as possible since I just got my +opk, but if we are not sucessfull we have a definate plan laid out for 2 weeks from now !! ya So exicted girls... I truly now (if not before) know the meaning of an emotional roller coaster, as I am on IT!!!!

wow - TTC - he sounds amazing!! I really like the sound of this guy. Sounds like he knows what he's talking about and what a refreshing change to hear someone being really positive and optimistic about things. I've got a good feeling about this!!! And how amazing that he showed you the sperm were still alive after 36 hours. Sounds like you got a good "fertile environment" going on there!! Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Irish - that's great you've got an appointment for Thursday - you just need to hold on for a few days now - so, will you get a scan at this appointment? Funny you said about crossing over to insanity - I think sometimes there's something quite reassuring about talking to yourself and it sounds like whatever helps at the moment you should follow it and not worry!! Also, normally if you are going mad you don't notice it yourself so you probably aren't!!!!!! :haha: Good luck for Thursday, hon :hugs:

Bann - only a few days till your scan too - how exciting!! Are you going anywhere interesting with work? I hope it won't be stressful and you can still focus on looking after yourself. I made a few changes at work over the last few months (even before I got pregnant) because my job can be quite stressful - and I think this has really helped over the last month or so. Good luck for you to for the scan :hugs:

I've not really got actual sickness - but my stomach churns at lot (at all times of the day) and bad smells make me heave a bit. I tend to wake up feeling a bit like I've got a hangover and it takes me quite a while to get started. Also I need to eat pretty regularly or I get irritable and feel a bit nauseous - but I've always been a bit like that!!! So, fingers crossed for me it won't get any worse!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

TTC that is fantastic news that is brill it is amazing that they did such a detailed Post coital test they didn't do anything like that for me at my clinic he seems to be super diligent and really looking out for what is best for you and not about making the bucks which is super reassuring. But who knows with a good follicle that size 22mm this may just be your month remember I didn't get past 15mm even on the injectibles the fact that you got a super surge is also brill. Have all my fariy dust on the way across the Atlantic heading your way xx

Leeze it is great that you are not too sick but from my side I am nearly wishing for the symptoms to reassure me. I am not sick really at all but on occassion my stomach does flip especially if that food is accompanied by strong smells. I am very tired and my boobs are sensitive but not killing me. Yes I feel a bit more relaxed now that I have my appointment and I am excited and terrified but like everything time rolls on and the day will come and go and it will be what it will be no matter what I do or how I feel about it. I am trying to put as much positive energy in to it as possible and when ever I remember I am sending smiles down to my bean :).

Just general info from my acupuncturture lady she said that it is super important to stay warm even though it is Spring you can still get those cold snaps and to avoid cold foods such as excessive salad, cucumber, melon, ice cream and to avoid ice in any drinks this helps to keep the uterus warm which is the omptimal sitatuion for the growing bean :-0) She said to keep a check on keeping your feet warm. SORRY I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A GRANNY on top of being NUTTY but hey a little info shared never hurt anyone especially when it is so harmless.

Bann hope the wait is not torturing you we are pretty much in the same boat on the waiting front it will come before we know it.

Girls catch yee during the week!!!!!!!!:hugs::hugs:

TTC, you got your surge and had a fantastic visit with the new FS all in the same day!! Woohoo!! That is awesome that he did the test so you could see the swimmers are there which I’m sure gave you so much hope! Sounds like this doctor actually cares about your feelings and wants to help. And not only that his fees are so much less. Don’t see that very often unfortunately. That is spectacular!! What a wonderful feeling! I am so excited for you! Interesting to hear about the medication. You would just assume you would need more. Very interesting. Makes sense that it is quality over quantity that is most important. What did your husband say about all the good news? Too bad he could not be there but it is great that you had such a positive visit!!

Irish, so you have your scan on Thursday this week! Can’t wait to hear about it! Hope this week flies by for you!...

Leeze, you back to work today? Sounds like you are getting along just fine. I can relate to the irritability part. I seem to be very irritable lately especially when I am hungry. I have had to apologize to my hubby a couple of times.

I am about to head out to Connecticut. Just a 2 ½ hour plane ride. Doctor said to stay well hydrated and everything will be fine. I just don’t want to go. I avoid traveling for work if at all possible. I have been feeling ok. Just irritable. Still avoiding friends and family if I can. My hubby’s brother had a lot of his family over last Saturday for a cookout and I did not go. They would all be drinking and every time I am around them they ask questions. My mother-in-law left me a voice-mail message Saturday night wanting to know why I did not come. I haven’t called her back. Just don’t feel like dealing with all the questions. She is constantly asking about us having a baby. But we have our first scan this Friday. Really looking forward to it but also so scared it is going to be too soon to see the heart beat and the emotions that will come out if I don’t see the heart beat. I am constantly worried.

So I have been teary eyed this morning. My hubby and I met a couple on vacation a couple of years ago that we became friends with. We stay in touch through facebook. This morning she posted thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers. She was due any time now with a little girl. After reading all the comments on her page it appears they lost the baby last Wednesday. I don’t know if she was born still birth or the what the details are. And that is something I would never ask. But I know how I felt after m/c at 8 weeks. I just could not imagine going full term and then loosing the baby. My heart just aches for them!!

Sorry to end on such a downer story. I just can’t get them off my mind!

Well I will not have access to a computer while I am gone so I will catch up with everyone on Friday. Take care ladies and have a wonderful week!...

quick hello from me

Irish - that's so funny about keeping your feet warm. Always good advice, I reckon!!!! Good luck for the scan, keep us posted

Bann - I hope your trip is going ok and you're feeling ok - being irritable is a good sign, I reckon. I know what you mean about avoiding social occasions, I'm doing that too at the moment. Sorry to hear about your friend, that's really sad news

TTC - hope you're doing ok - and still at the top of the emotional rollercoaster. Hope you got some good BDing in after that fabulous O result - and if this isn't your month then fingers crossed with the help of the great new Doctor that next month will be your lucky month

I'm doing ok. Is a struggle being back at work. Am totally clock-watching at the moment and feeling very tired in the afternoons. Can't wait to get to the weekend for a good sleep

Bann so sorry to hear about your friend I totally hear you about the travelling I have to go to Vienne on the 28th of April which I am totally not looking forward to but I can't really get out of it as it would be highly suspect and they would go mad if I lied. Every Doc has said to me there is no proven risk and that really it is a personal choice that the important thing is exactly as you said to stray hydrated and to easy on the pulling and dragging basically to be very good to yourself. I have chosen flights that are reasonable timewise so I am not having to get up at the crack of dawn etc.....

TTC your on the 2ww hope it is going OK for you and you had productive BDing have all my fingers crossed for you.

Leeze totally get the work thing I am totally allergic at the moment but we got to do what we gotta do to pay the mortgage etc....

Anyhoo girls had my scan this morning I was a bag of nerves I found it almost impossible to keep a full bladder but eventually my name was called and I hopped up on the table she scanned me two seconds later she said congrats I see a heartbeat you are aprox. 6wks. I swear I cried a little, I was so relieved my OH was with me which was great. I feel such a sense of reliefe even though I know it is really early days yet and I have to get over the next 6wks. I have my next scan at 12wks, I really don't know how I will make it that long. I can feel every twinge and cramp, I have to just now step back and accept that I got the best possible news at this stage and trust in God that this one will stick.

Bann hope your scan goes well tomorrow have all my fingers and toes crossed for you xxx

I will tune in to see how you are all doing xxxxxxx

Anyhoo guys

Hi please adopt me.... I need ome buddies. I am and ttc for my first...very nervous and stressed...Not really in a position to talk about this with friends as I am a very private person so it would be lovely to have friends in a similar position. Most girls my age either have kids already or aren't in relationships.Those who aren't are preganant which makes me feel worse....anyway... I came of BC at new year. Horror stories about taking the pill cerazette and fertility have made me feel even worse. I am 9 days PO I think and I am terrified of my AF. None of I can stop I kow, but its comforting to have other ppl about that know how I feel...

Hi Debsiek well you found the right place in that we have all been through the same thing and we fully understand how lonely it can be and just how comforting and helpful this forum can be. Believe me we are pregapedia so what ever your questions or concerns are we most likely have been through it or know something about it between us all we have had every test and procedure and used nearly every product on the market so ask away we are happy to help. :) :hugs::hugs:

Bann can't wait to hear how your scan went I have all my fingers and toes crossed xxx:dust:

TTC how are you getting on with the 2WW drop in and let us know.:dust::dust:

Leeze hope you are feeling a little less restless how far along are you now your tag says 8wks I thought you were further along than that?

Anyhoo it is Friday again - HOW DID THAT HAPPEN - the first part of the week was like an ice age I thought it would never bloody end but then here we are again facing in to the weekend. I am wishing the weeks away which I have to stop doing, I am looking out the window and it is raining we had 3 good days of sunshine last week and to be honest given that this is Ireland that was probably our Summer :)). You will all be glad to hear that I am only speaking to myself now on occassion but cannot control my tear ducts I cry at everything - I am going to Vienne the end of April I just hope that I don't start to cry at the meeting AGHHHHHHHHHHH.:cry::cry:

Guys wishing you a fab weekend can't wait to hear all the updates, Debsiek hope you get the support you are looking for here :flower:

Hi debsiek. Nice to have you join our group.

So happy you got to see a heartbeat Irish!! That is wonderful!!!

Hope the 2WW is going good TTC. Hope to hear some good news from you soon!

Hope you are getting along well Leeze. Do you have any scans or appointments coming up anytime soon?

Quickie from me as I am feeling a bit down. I had my early ultrasound today and there was no heartbeat. The doctor said it is still early and she scheduled me to come back in next Wednesday for another ultrasound. I am rather down though. I know it is early but it just brought feelings back from the missed m/c. And at 6 weeks shouldn't they be able to see a flutter? There was nothing there. I saw the sac but it just looked like an empty black hole. Can't wait for next Wednesday to get here!

Well I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Take care ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->