Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

Bravemom

Reaction score
Hi ladies ,my name is t and I'm 45 and 9 months ,I've been trying for over seven years now and suffered eleven losses ,I'm starting to feel like my time is up ,is there anyone else my age or older still TTc ?:hugs::hugs:

Hi Bravemom,

I'm 45 and 8 months :) feel like giving up at times lol. Feel Ok again at the moment, trying to just forget about it and not obsess so much (poas addict though) :blush:.

Old friend has just given birth to a baby boy and she is the same age as me.

There is hope :thumbup:

Hi Bravemom,

I'm 45 and 8 months :) feel like giving up at times lol. Feel Ok again at the moment, trying to just forget about it and not obsess so much (poas addict though) :blush:.

Old friend has just given birth to a baby boy and she is the same age as me.

There is hope :thumbup:

O thank you sooo much for replying , it's great to know its not just me , that's great about your friend , you've renewed my hope :thumbup:thank you . How long have you been trying Hun ? :hugs:

Your welcome :) I'm cycle 11 next, not long I know, but sooo frustrating. Had a chemical last September was gutted really thought we had done it.
I'm back at the FS in July hoping they can help. Are you seeing a FS? or doing anything to help?

Your welcome :) I'm cycle 11 next, not long I know, but sooo frustrating. Had a chemical last September was gutted really thought we had done it.
I'm back at the FS in July hoping they can help. Are you seeing a FS? or doing anything to help?

Well apparently I've got all the help they are prepared to give me , aspirin high dose folic acid , clexane injections wen I get a bfp and progesterone pessaries wen I get a bfp , have also been taking clomid for five months and nada . I got those from a friend as my doc wouldn't subscribe them for me , only have one month left but I'm getting very frustrated . I've lost between 4-5 stone and Dtd at the right time and take my Meds :shrug:how about you Hun ? :hugs:

Well apparently I've got all the help they are prepared to give me , aspirin high dose folic acid , clexane injections wen I get a bfp and progesterone pessaries wen I get a bfp , have also been taking clomid for five months and nada . I got those from a friend as my doc wouldn't subscribe them for me , only have one month left but I'm getting very frustrated . I've lost between 4-5 stone and Dtd at the right time and take my Meds :shrug:how about you Hun ? :hugs:

We had to fight to get to see someone, had one appointment with FS, bloods done(still don't know what the results were). HSG 2 wks ago and sperm sample(OH had that done by normal doc and count was low) haven't got results from FS and not due back till July, just feel we are wasting time :wacko:
Not on any Meds, none been recommended. Was taking Folic acid but starting having really short cycles with it and a 10day luteal phase, stopped taking it about 5 months ago and back to normal now. strange lol
Just bought some preseed of the internet so going to try that as I don't really have the eggwhite cm like I did when I was younger.
Has your cycle changed alot since you was younger? and that is alot of weight ( very well done you :happydance:), I need to start could do with losing about 3 stone, just struggling with motivation at the moment. I stopped smoking 5 months ago so feel to give something else up would be soooo hard :wacko:

We had to fight to get to see someone, had one appointment with FS, bloods done(still don't know what the results were). HSG 2 wks ago and sperm sample(OH had that done by normal doc and count was low) haven't got results from FS and not due back till July, just feel we are wasting time :wacko:
Not on any Meds, none been recommended. Was taking Folic acid but starting having really short cycles with it and a 10day luteal phase, stopped taking it about 5 months ago and back to normal now. strange lol
Just bought some preseed of the internet so going to try that as I don't really have the eggwhite cm like I did when I was younger.
Has your cycle changed alot since you was younger? and that is alot of weight ( very well done you :happydance:), I need to start could do with losing about 3 stone, just struggling with motivation at the moment. I stopped smoking 5 months ago so feel to give something else up would be soooo hard :wacko:

Sounds like you have had all the tests that I had too then :thumbup:Do you use sc .?where are you from Hun ?:hugs::hugs::hugs:

No we don't, are they good? I'm from England..you??

Northern Ireland ,yes def get the sc hey help keep the sperm close to the cervix :thumbup:You can get them online but I saw smaller ones called moon cups in boots ,:thumbup:Is your hubby on any supplements ?:hugs:

My mum was born there :) yes he is taking zinc.

I wondered with the soft cups as my cervix is tilted so other positions are supposed to be helpful too lol

All seems like hard work this time round, do you have older children too??

My mum was born there :) yes he is taking zinc.

I wondered with the soft cups as my cervix is tilted so other positions are supposed to be helpful too lol

All seems like hard work this time round, do you have older children too??

I do Hun and I feel like it's time to give up but something keeps pushing me forward . What about macca for hubby ? :hugs:

Just thought I'd say there are a few others who rival you, but I don't know their exact birthdays. The ones I'm thinking of don't tend to frequent the random threads like this, but stick to journals. I wanted to make sure you knew you're not the only 45 year olds around! :thumbup:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Just thought I'd say there are a few others who rival you, but I don't know their exact birthdays. The ones I'm thinking of don't tend to frequent the random threads like this, but stick to journals. I wanted to make sure you knew you're not the only 45 year olds around! :thumbup:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Aw thanks Hun for popping in I think I've seen you a few times on journals that I frequent possibly butterfly's :thumbup:it's nice to know there are others my age so thank you :hugs:

Hi ladies ,my name is t and I'm 45 and 9 months ,I've been trying for over seven years now and suffered eleven losses ,I'm starting to feel like my time is up ,is there anyone else my age or older still TTc ?:hugs::hugs:
I am new and need a buddy :) I am going to be 46 in a matter of days and I am newly married to a younger man. I am ttc naturally and I am not telling anyone--besides my husband, of course. I am going to try my best but I am not doing anything drastic besides diet, exercise and a million supplements and herbs. Anyone have good news? :)

Hi Everyone :)

I'm new here too. I've been lurking for a bit but joined when I saw this thread. I'm 45 and 7 months and TTC. I've got older children but have a new partner who has no children and I'd love to give him a child.

Some days I feel quite positive about my fertility, other days not so much :cry:

My current concern is the spotting that I'm having this month. I didn't have it last cycle but I have had it a few months ago and I'm worried it's a sign of hormonal imbalance. I don't really want to go to my doctor because I'm afraid he'll just tell me I'm too old to have another baby or laugh in my face.

Is anyone here taking progesterone? I've read about that online and I'm wondering if I have a deficiency that's causing the spotting.It seems like my hormones vary from month to month far more than they did 10 years ago. It's frustrating.

Hi Everyone :)

I'm new here too. I've been lurking for a bit but joined when I saw this thread. I'm 45 and 7 months and TTC. I've got older children but have a new partner who has no children and I'd love to give him a child.

Some days I feel quite positive about my fertility, other days not so much :cry:

My current concern is the spotting that I'm having this month. I didn't have it last cycle but I have had it a few months ago and I'm worried it's a sign of hormonal imbalance. I don't really want to go to my doctor because I'm afraid he'll just tell me I'm too old to have another baby or laugh in my face.

Is anyone here taking progesterone? I've read about that online and I'm wondering if I have a deficiency that's causing the spotting.It seems like my hormones vary from month to month far more than they did 10 years ago. It's frustrating.

Hi Delphine11,

I'm the same in my younger days had 30ish day cycle then noticed from Jan to May this year 27 then 32 in May and have had 25 days ever since...I think menopause is just round the corner :cry: and I spot for 2,3 or 4 days too. Although cycle day 24 and no spotting so far this month.

Your doctor may surprise you!!

Hi Delphine11,

I'm the same in my younger days had 30ish day cycle then noticed from Jan to May this year 27 then 32 in May and have had 25 days ever since...I think menopause is just round the corner :cry: and I spot for 2,3 or 4 days too. Although cycle day 24 and no spotting so far this month.

Your doctor may surprise you!!

Hi Felcity 45 :)

Yes, I didn't really think much about how my periods were gradually and very subtlely changing over the last few years (since 40 or so). I didn't have a partner then so I wasn't thinking about TTC at all.

Over the last few years (3 maybe) my cycle has varied between 25 and 29 days, and in the last couple of years has usually been 25 days. I'd kind of got used to that and wasn't too bothered as nothing much else was different. To be honest, I probably wasn't that interested as I had no partner and life wasn't exactly fantastic so I had plenty of other things to worry about.

Now I REALLY want to conceive - for my new partner's sake far more than for my own. He'd be a fantastic dad.

I am remaining positive. One thing I read was that the path to moenopause isn't a downhill one. Hormomes go up and down month by month, and one month can be fine, the next not. So that's something to bear in mind :)

I'm gradually adding more supplements to my diet. The ones in brackets are ones I was taking anyway just for general health before TTC. If anyone's interested, I'm currently taking:

Chasteberry capsules - 400mg (started with one a day, now on two)
a pre-natal vitamin tablet
Vitamin B6 - 50mg once a day
(Omega 3 - one a day)
(Vitamin B Complex - just the normal 100% of RDA)
(Vitamin D - one a day)
(Garlic - one a day)
(Sea Buckthorn capsules - two a day (supposed to help CM) )
Royal Jelly - 500mg once a day (just started this very recently)
Co Q10 - 100mg twice a day
a cranberry concentrate tablet - one a day

Yes, I rattle! I've also just brought some wheatgrass capsules. I am feeling healthier so it can't hurt :) I introduce things gradually and start off on a low dose to see how it goes.

I also try to keep calm and relax (not so easy when you have the pressure of time!)

I think I probably will see my doctor at some point. I'm going to give it a bit longer to see if I can conceive myself; research a sympathetic doctor and see them if my normal one looks like he's not going to be very helpful; and prepare what I'm going to say in advance.

I swear I can hear the ticking clock some days, but I don't let it get to me. I say: Keep calm and keep healthy and keep your fingers crossed :)

Forgot to say that I've just started using Pre-Seed a few days ago. I don't know if it's doing anything but I like it and it's helping with the fact that I seem to have less CM than when I was in my 30s.

I haven't had any hormone tests yet because I don't want to be depressed :D I have read a lot about FSH though (hence the wheatgrass), and I've been reading up on Clomid.

Knowledge is power, as they say, and it makes me feel more in control.

Ha Ha, think I would rattle too!!

Haven't really taken anything yet, hormone levels are fine so bit reluctant to mess with things just yet, I did take a conception tablet for a while but it gave me really bad tummy ache :wacko:

I think I need to maybe start considering it and taking the Clomid I've been prescribed but so unsure at the moment.

OH takes Zinc but nothing else, he has a low sperm count and the FS didn't really recommend anything else for him...IDK It's all so frustrating isn't it!!

I hope things work out for you and I would defo go and see someone as after 45 thats it by the looks of it unless you have lots of money. i've rang a few local clinics and they won't consider anyone over 45 and that was for IUI :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->