Anyone Pagan or Wiccan?

Always happy to help if need be. I used to be a practicing Wiccan but now I follow more pagan beliefs and pathways using them as guidance. I also have some great natural recipes for baby products from a pagan page I'm part of. I don't know if I can link it here but message me and I'll send it to you xx

That's where I more heavily lean if I were going to identify myself as religious (I stick with the "agnostic" side of things, more or less), and I was raised in a pagan/wiccan household - it would be great to see a book like this out there!

I think that's great :)

I hope you don't take this the wrong way....it's PURELY curiosity (I'm Buddhist so I'm no one to judge, believe me)

I'm just wondering what would be involved in a Pagan pregnancy book? Like how to raise your child as a Pagan/Wiccan?

Makes me wonder if there any Buddhist pregnancy books out there...hmm. I should start researching!

(Honestly, just curious, not judging :) )

I'm not Wiccan, but I generally consider myself a Pantheist so I am always interested in hearing from others who practice more earth-centred spirtuality. I think your idea of a book sounds very interesting! I'd give it a read.

I identify as Norse Pagan/ Heathen. I wear a wooden pendant with a bindrune to promote fertility all year round, whether I'm ttc or not, and whilst I'm pregnant I draw a bindrune for an easy, healthy pregnancy and birth on the pulse point of my left wrist. Before I became Norse Pagan shortly before we conceived our daughter I was having awful trouble with long, irregular cycles and was getting quite depressed about ttc. I fell pregnant then the first cycle that I used the fertility bindrune and asked Freya and Frigga for help and patience! This time it took us only 3 months after I stopped breastfeeding to fall pregnant! The only time I have had issues whilst pregnant was when my pregnancy bindrune washed off and I didn't draw it back on! We also held a Norse Pagan naming ceremony for our daughter, which was a lovely occasion, and plan on doing the same for this baby and all subsequent children! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

I'd read it! I practiced pagan/wiccan rituals throughout my pregnancy.

I think this is great. I used to practice Wicca/Pagan. Now I'm more Spiritual than anything but I was always fascinated by Wicca and I think I still am! Oh and I agree with the one who said if they were to take this down then they should take down any other thread discussing other religions because that's all Wicca is, a religion. Some people who are left in the dark mainly because they choose to be, think that Wicca is evil when it really is NOT.

Anyhow, I think it's a great idea and I have a fb. Just look up Christina Parlatore, I'm the one with a pregnancy test as my default picture. :)

I identify as Norse Pagan/ Heathen. I wear a wooden pendant with a bindrune to promote fertility all year round, whether I'm ttc or not, and whilst I'm pregnant I draw a bindrune for an easy, healthy pregnancy and birth on the pulse point of my left wrist. Before I became Norse Pagan shortly before we conceived our daughter I was having awful trouble with long, irregular cycles and was getting quite depressed about ttc. I fell pregnant then the first cycle that I used the fertility bindrune and asked Freya and Frigga for help and patience! This time it took us only 3 months after I stopped breastfeeding to fall pregnant! The only time I have had issues whilst pregnant was when my pregnancy bindrune washed off and I didn't draw it back on! We also held a Norse Pagan naming ceremony for our daughter, which was a lovely occasion, and plan on doing the same for this baby and all subsequent children! :thumbup:

I'd like to hear more about this. I have really irregular periods and have been struggling with ttc for the past three years. I have been studying Paganism for the past 11 years off and on, and recently I have felt a strong calling to Norse paganism (I have never felt a calling to any specific pantheon before). Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I identify myself as pagan and i'm 12 weeks pregnant, its nice see other pagan or anlternatively religious mums on here! I have heard of a few books and music relating to paganism and pregnancy but writing one or making a group sounds like a great idea. I am still planning any rituals/celebrations we'll have for this baby but will definitely have a naming ceremony because it fits in with my family's culture. I don't want to overdo it because OH is atheist but feels our child should be raised open-mindedly.

I have heard about the Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions, although I am not sure how much help it would be since I have never actually read it.

Hey.
I have been pagan for eleven years and have been finding parenting information thin on the ground. Nice to see you all.

I'd like to hear more about this. I have really irregular periods and have been struggling with ttc for the past three years. I have been studying Paganism for the past 11 years off and on, and recently I have felt a strong calling to Norse paganism (I have never felt a calling to any specific pantheon before). Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

The bindrunes I use can be found here: https://www.sunnyway.com/runes/charms.html
The site has a lot on it about rune-lore and Norse literature too! To be honest I'm a real novice still! I've only really been 'practicing' for about 2 years and between pregnancies and parenthood I've not had an awful lot of time to research! :thumbup::flower:

Beca:wave:

SIL is Wiccan, I'm neither - that's a pregnancy book I would definitely read though.

The bindrunes I use can be found here: https://www.sunnyway.com/runes/charms.html
The site has a lot on it about rune-lore and Norse literature too! To be honest I'm a real novice still! I've only really been 'practicing' for about 2 years and between pregnancies and parenthood I've not had an awful lot of time to research! :thumbup::flower:

Beca:wave:

Thanks Beca!! :)

I'm not Pagan or Wiccan, but I just wanted to say that it made me smile to see how big this thread is. :thumbup: I think it's awesome that there are so many of you and that you've found each other. May you, and your babies, be blessed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->