Anyone planning on having an elective cesarian?

Hope - your bp wasn't really that high then was it because it's 100- 145 anything over or under they worry x

Well 140/90 is usually pre eclampsia. Once it got to 135/85 at 33 weeks they freaked at my mw app and sent me straight to hospital.
It's really all indicative though compared to your base Bp before pregnancy.

I had pre eclampsia, and my BP never raised over 120/80.

They don't like it to be 20 or more higher than your normal.x

I'm planning for a VBAC but embracing a c-section if needed. I was a failure to progress after induction with #1 and I HATED it. Induction is the WORST and if it wasn't because I was 'borderline' beginning stages of pre-eclampsia at 40w2d I wouldn't have allowed it.
This time, I am going to get an epidural earlier (waited too long w/#1 and I think it slowed down progression), that way if I'm still not progressing, it will be easier to just get taken in to get a section and allow me time to get prepared mentally for it.
I am REALLY hoping for a VBAC, I can't stand the idea of being bed-ridden in pain from recovery. It was just awful for me.

You shouldn't of been bed ridden hun :( I was in pain but got up and moving walked round hosptial too get going back to universty after 10 days and u had retained. Placenta which meant i was in more pain didn't realise till 6 weeks pp when I passed it yak !!!! Thought the pain was normal lol

Epidurals slow labour sometimes holt it no matter what time u get it , if your been induced your best trying too ride it out with gas and air !!! To get the best chance espec with vbac :)

Yeah off course Hun if your bp is 100/60 then sudden upto 130 then they have too watch you ,

The main detriment if your bp is under 145/ but showing changes is the. 24hr protein pee test & blood tests off course !

But in normal day too day life if your bp was 140 they wouldn't be over concerned unless it wasn't Normal for you x

I thought they wouldn't induce if previous cs as risk of uterine rupture goes from 0.2% to 7-8% from the extra force of induced contractions vs real ones? That's why alot of women who want a vbac don't get one if they go overdue.

A regular csection (horizontal cut on uterus) is a 4% risk. For those that have had a vertical csection(or previous placenta abruption) is at a higher risk of 8-9%. Well that's what my OB/GYN and midwife told me...(I'm in Canada). But if you do a vbac with a doctor there are a lot of things that need to be all in 'line'. No induction, no pitocin etc etc. Going with a midwife you'll have a better chance at a VBAC. All depends on the pregnancy and situation though

^^^^ defo agree and it depends on your hosptial you can check what there success rates are for vbacs !!!!

**** just outside Halifax very close too Morley :) xxx

I walked around by the second day and was off pain meds in the first week. I had no problems at all. But if I can give advice, I used a belly band that you adjust smaller as your tummy shrinks (almost like those they use for a back problem) and it helped a lot. It supported my muscles and made it easier for me to get up.

I haven't decided what I want to do yet. The other day I suddenly felt determined to do a VBAC but today I chickened out again and want an elective. I'm not afraid of rupture as the risk is so minimal but I'm just afraid I'll come close to losing LO again but not get the happy ending this time. And logistically, it's easier to plan around an elective. You have a fair idea of when the baby is coming, you don't need to call the sitter at 2 in the morning, etc. Even though my previous section was an emergency, I had a good experience overall and don't really have any regrets. I honestly don't care if I have to go through another section. I know what recovery is like so I don't need to hear "oh, it's so hard on your body".

My OB says it is totally up to me at this point but at our hospital I have to go into the high-risk ward if I want a VBAC so that means constant fetal monitoring and limited birthing options. You have to ask someone to unhook you from the machines if you have to pee, you can't walk around or use the water tubs to relax, you have to push lying down (the hospital is otherwise good about letting you kneel, sit, whatever) etc.

Also, our hospital has a lowish VBAC rate (under 40%) so I don't want to have to labour only to end up with a section anyways.

DH wants me to have an elective but he says he knows it's not up to him as I"m the one who has to go through with it.

Me! I had one last time as I got a 4th degree tear with my oldest! It was a great experience and it was and will be the right choice for me without a doubt

After mine I was up and in the shower 5hrs later and walking round the supermarket on day 3. Hardly any pain only discomfort and compared to my first recovery it was a breeze.

I had an emergency section with my son. I really don't know what I want to do with this one. I remember being knackered and feeling really vulnerable last time. I'd love a natural birth but there are pros and cons for each and I don't know what to do yet! Hopefully I'll know nearer the time! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->