• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone planning on NOT vaccinating your baby?

Wish one of the non-vaxxers would comment, would like to know if this has affected their views or not.

Wish one of the non-vaxxers would comment, would like to know if this has affected their views or not.

The fact they have refrained from commenting says enough tbh!

They'd probably say, if someone dies of measles it's because they have an underlying condition or something like that. Their kids would be fine, they'd treat it with homeopathy.

Sorry but this just makes me so angry. It's so preventable!
:cry:

They'd probably say, if someone dies of measles it's because they have an underlying condition or something like that. Their kids would be fine, they'd treat it with homeopathy.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, I hope they wouldn't say that. It makes me angry too that this could have been prevented :(

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, I hope they wouldn't say that. It makes me angry too that this could have been prevented :(

You are a nicer person than me! ;-)

Probably looking for stats to suggest that most cases are in vaccinated children.

I heard a woman on the radio today saying all of these things. This was a woman who had been "cured of cancer" through diet and homeopathy (so, bread and water really...). Her children are healthier than all ther other children she knows, because they have never had a vaccination.

When asked how she would feel if her neighbour had a baby who died from measles caught from one of her children her response was "Well, that's not very likely, is it?"

Tell that to the 800 people who have measles in Swansea.

Anyone seen Andrew Wakefield's comments? Basically saying it's the government's fault and he stands by everything he's said. This guy infuriates me.

My friend's daughter has been confirmed with measles. She's only 4 ffs. We won't be leaving the house at this rate and it's my birthday tomorrow :(

My friend's daughter has been confirmed with measles. She's only 4 ffs. We won't be leaving the house at this rate and it's my birthday tomorrow :(

Your poor friend. I hope her little girl is ok.

Oh no :( poor girl, hope she recovers quickly

Probably looking for stats to suggest that most cases are in vaccinated children.

Actually they are. There are no official figures yet and health professionals and the media have been asked not to report anything except official information, but some GPs have unofficially said that about 80% of the cases they are seeing in 5-18 year olds are fully vaccinated.

I'm not anti-vacc by the way, I just find it very interesting how it is reported in the news and how the government only release the statistics that suit them. We still don't have full vaccination/incidence statistics for previous major outbreaks!

Isn't that because 80%-odd are vaccinated anyway? Every case is being reported and it stands to reason that some vaccinated people will catch the disease. They just get it much more mildly. The point is to vaccinate 95% to achieve herd immunity so that these outbreaks don't happen.

Let's hope most of the people getting it are vaccinated so that they will hopefully not be so badly affected, as much as I am disgusted by the anti-vax movement I wouldn't wish any person especially a child (who didn't have a choice) to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->