Anyone planning to read the last Sookie Stackhouse book?

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
Apparently, it has been hugely panned and most reviews claimed that it was worse than her last two trainwrecks in the series. I want to know what happens, but I'm wondering if reading it is just going to make me mad....
Anyone planning on reading it anytime soon?

I sort of abandoned the series. I think the last one I read is Dead as a Doornail. I might go back to it at some point, but not any time soon :flower: Sorry to hear the series declined. Do you watch the show also?

I think the True Blood (the show) is infinitely better than the books.
I am just reading a short story compilation that has Charlaine Harris as a featured writer and it is so striking how crappy her writing is compared to the other, lesser known authors. Like night and day/amateur vs professional kind of difference. :shrug:
I think she created a neat little world for Sookie, but didn't have the writing chops to carry it more than four novels. The other eight were pretty brutal.
Sigh. I'll probably read it because I want to know what happens, but I am toying with just reading some spoilers and skipping it.

I'm reading it but I did the stupid thing of reading the reviews first and got the spoiler of how it ends and I'm so gutted that I can't quite get into it xx

I think I have decided to skip it. I just don't care what happens and I don't feel like giving such poor work my time. I called that ending after the last book, but a part of me can't believe she went through with it - it was the lamest possible choice.

I had the box set and cant remember which it ended on but i havent read any since, if i knew where i was id read them just because im a sucker (ha sorry for the pun) for a series!

Me, too, Chellxx. I will read even when it gets stinky bad because there is this little part of me that can't let go of finding out what happens. Even if I have lost all respect for the series. So, the fact that I am shrugging off the last book of a series should speak (haha! puns flying in this thread) volumes :haha: about how seriously crappy the Sookie books got. :nope:

Well I finished it and I'm glad I did just coz I like a conclusion to everything,but I do feel it was just rushed and done completely differently to probably how most fans wouldve die their own end book lol for me the series started going down hill after the box set I had (which was 10) I think Harris struggled for storylines after then and should've quit whilst she was ahead xx

Well I finished it and I'm glad I did just coz I like a conclusion to everything,but I do feel it was just rushed and done completely differently to probably how most fans wouldve die their own end book lol for me the series started going down hill after the box set I had (which was 10) I think Harris struggled for storylines after then and should've quit whilst she was ahead xx

Aww thanks for that, i know where to start up again now haha, i will read the last books at some point, i'm trying to convince hubby to buy me a kindle for xmas (he takes hints terribly lol) so i might wait and buy them for that :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->