Anyone pregnant again with a young baby?

Unexpected212

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Decided to come off the pill today, will give it a month or so before we start activley trying.

I did ask this on TTC so sorry if it's not allowed on two parts of the forum

Just wondering if anyone else is TTC or pregnant with a baby under one or just over one?

Is this a good idea?

I guess I'm starting to second guess myself!

Our initial plan was to start TTC when LO was about 9ish months old.

My cousin has just a 12 month age gap and managed well. And another cousin will have a 12 month age gap too. Small age gaps mean more work for you, but I think there are a lot of benefits too - ie they will generally like the same things, could even share clothes.. and it's almost like the new baby has nearly always been around so your older child is less likely to be jealous.

Mine are a year apart, so I was pregnant with a 4 month old. It was difficult...but I hated being pregnant, so it was harder being pregnant than having a 12 month old and a newborn.

Thank you guys :)

I had a rough pregnancy and an awful birth but I'm really looking forward to having another baby. Nervous, but excited.

Wow you are so brave. Can't imagine having been pregnant with a 4 month old.

I was the same as Jelly Bean there's exactly a year and 9 days between my first two and I found it hard but lovely all at the same time-they are very close now and aged 13 and 14 years. I then decided to have another so 13 year age gap lol! It's going great so far :)

Good luck x

I have a 12 month 6 day age gap... I love the gap we have, its amazing!! Pregnancy was truly dreadful whilst carring my very heavy baby boy who could not walk, but as soon as I gave birth the 2nd time around it was amazing!!

Love having a close age gap!! Intense it is, but seriously it isnt half as hard as I thought it would be! :)

My lo is 9 months and I'm 29 weeks preg :) I've been super lucky and not been sick/tired. The odd aches and pains but nothing majorly bad. I do panic a tad at times cause lo has had a rough few weeks with sleep and all I can think is oh man how will I cope... But I'm so excited too. Can't wait for bun to be here

Thanks for sharing :)

I will give it another couple of months just so I can track my periods/ovulation this time, but I am sooo excited. Just was doubting myself but you ladies have made me feel loads better.

I fell pregnant when DD was 4 months old. We have a 13 month age gap and I love it. Third trimester with a crawling baby was tough, but like a PP said, the second I gave birth to DS I felt great and couldn't wait to get home to my girl. DD started walking the week we brought DS home too, so she felt proper grown up! Lol x

I came off of the pill and got pregnant straight away - my lo was 8 months at the time. I'm now 16 weeks and lo is 11 months. All is going well so far :thumbup:

I think your brave lol my lo is also 9 months and I'm not trying until he's 4!

But it depends what you want! I'm not botherd about having a small age gap I want to just be alone with lo for a bit. X

Scottish mum my mum had 5 years between me and my sister and she thinks I'm insane...we've said we will start trying as soon as he is one in October as I don't want to get pregnant before that.

I really am so excited!

Hiya, we were in the same pregnancy group last year :wave: My DD was originally due on 23rd October but came early.

I'll have a 16 month age gap between DD and the new baby. I'm nervous but looking forward to it as well. I think a small age gap will be lovely once I've got in to the swing of things. I feel the 6 year gap between DS and DD is too big.

I have found pregnancy a bit of a struggle so far though, mainly due to the tiredness you feel and not being able to nap when I want like I could when pregnant with DD, but it'll all be worth it :)

Hello :) congratulations on your pregnancy. My son was due 11th October but was a week late I wasn't impressed lol

Only 2 months till he turns one. I really would like to TTC now but I think I do need to work out my cycles first because I fell pregnant on the pill last time and I had no idea what was going on

Your so brave as well, I'm so nervous to be working 3 days a week, looking after Danny and then doing cooking cleaning and housework. I thought it was hard enough when I was pregnant with no baby

Thanks! It is pretty tough, most days I'm in bed by 9pm and I only work 24 hours per week. But between sorting DD out for nursery, DS out for holiday club/school, keeping on top of the house, looking after both children and growing another baby, I'm shattered. Roll on this lot of mat leave for a rest before he comes :haha:

Knowing where you are in your cycle does help but at least if you got caught before then, you'd only have to wait until your first scan to know how far along you are. I say go for it now ;)

I am so tempted to just go for it, but I was going to try and naturally girl sway...part of me is kinda against it though and just wants to let whats going to happen happen.

Wow you sound like super mum!

You could always try OPK's and just BD a few day before they're fully positive seeing as girl sperm lives longer?

Haha I'm really not, spend half my time shouting!

that sounds like a good idea. I don't want to sway too much or get obsessed with it. I'd just love one of each.

Mine will be 13 months apart, couldn't be happier.

Thanks for sharing :)

I think a small age gap will be nice. Just nervous about being pregnant and coping with it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->