Anyone pregnant with 2nd baby and feeling like this...

Natalie88

Reaction score
...I just feel like I'm not being a good mom to my lil boy.
I've been suffering this pregnancy with nausea, sickness, and I'm exhausted all the time. When I finish work I'm shattered, hubby works late often so I go to my moms so she can cook my sons dinner as I can't cook anything without heaving and being sick. My poor little boy I just feel like I'm neglecting him.. Hubby has been taking him out on days off so I can rest but I just feel awful that I'm not there for him like I used to.. Just want this sickness to go away now.. Anyone else out there feeling like this? :cry:

Definately feel like this. My poor little girl is 4 and sits rubbing my back with im being sick and no matter how many times i ask her to go be a child she wants to look after mummy. Its awful feeling like you cant be there for them. At the moment she is living off awful freezer junk food simply because it cooks quickly and i havent the energy to stand around cooking proper meals like i used to. Hopefully you start to feel better soon.

They are sweet rubbing our backs but we don't want them seeing their mommy's like that.. Same here aswel horrible freezer foods for the hubby and my son at the minute as I just can't face cooking can't even go in the kitchen because of the smell of foods sounds dramatic doesn't it lol I'm just missing being a mommy and a wife :-(

Thanks for reply glad to know I'm not the only one.. Hope you feel better soon too x

I am sorry for what you feel but this is a temporary phase that too shall pass soon. I am glad that you have mom to look after his food. You can try to spend some quality time with him by lying on floor and help him building a tower or colouring his favourite cartoon while you rest. Same goes for other activities like snuggling and reading.

I could've written your post this time last week. My poor wee man has also had a lot of freezer food (and tv!) recently. Luckily I've had one or two better days this week so I'm hoping the sickness / exhaustion is finally letting up.

I can't decide if I feel worse this pregnancy or if I'm just extra exhausted running round after an energetic toddler on top?! Last go round I could collapse on the sofa after work guilt free, just feel so guilty my son isn't getting the attention he deserves! Trying to remind myself it shouldn't last much longer!!

:hugs: hope you feel better soon!

Same here hun! I feel absolutely exhausted all of the time, I never realised how crap I would feel. I also have started getting nausea as well and I feel like I never have the energy to do anything. I have found that playing board games or reading to my LO are good ways of keeping her entertained without having to be too energetic.

Thanks for your replies girls.. Will be trying your ideas out but his soo boisterous he just wants to wrestle and be a boy lol
I'm hoping it passes soon for all of us x

Fish fingers and Mr tumble here too, I'm trying my best to get out with him every day, taking him to places etc but 12 until 2.30 (naptime) I'm dead on my feet!

Im just glad im not the only one feeling so crappy.all the other mums at school havent a clue what im complaining about

I feel the same. Luckily my OH does all the cooking and we freeze DS's portions although he often won't eat it. He's having so much TV though that I feel really guilty. He doesn't like reading books or doing puzzles, he just wants to watch TV. I have to be really determined to distract him with something else but I just don't have the energy at the moment :(

There are many quality video programs for kids are available, so don’t feel guilty if you turn on them on TV and lie on sofa. You are making a baby and it’s not easy process. Children have amazing way of understanding and will realise if you are not feeling better. Hopefully this morning sickness will go away by 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->