Anyone pregnant with a toddler to look after?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone else like me is going mad trying to take care of a toddler whilst being pregnant? And if your not going mad, how are you coping?

My DD is almost 3. I am 5 weeks pregnant. I have absolutely no energy whatsoever and feel sick constantly. And today have started getting cramps which I've had constantly since I got up this morning and they hurt just asthough in getting my period! Im finding ever day so hard to get through, my DD is constantly on the move wanting to do something and I feel awful as I have no energy. I took her to a new playgroup this morning (we've just moved to Germany a couple weeks ago so not much idea where everything is or what to do yet which also makes it difficult being stuck in house) but it was hard being there as I felt asthough I was going to be sick! Plus doesnt look good me yawning the whole time! Anyway since we've got back she has stuck a whole box of stickers to my tv and glued my table place mats to her drawing book (I was in kitchen making toasties lol) and I just haven't got the energy to sort it all out :(

I have a 3.5 year old and an almost 2 year old. The bleeding I've got this pregnancy is made worse by doing too much, add that to the normal pregnancy crappy feeling we've done not a lot for weeks. I kind of justify it that at this time of year they have a lot going on anyway at weekends and for DD at nursery so its not too bad.. quiet days at home give them downtime!

I am a bit fed up of Peppa pig now though.

Wow hun can't imagine having two to look after whilst being pregnant! My lo will start nursery after Christmas so atleast I will get a few hours to myself which I am hoping to use to nap but will prob end up doing housework!
Haha it's Angelina ballerina here!

2 has its advantages. I can tell them to go play with each other rather than having to join in myself.

Hi, I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and I have a 5 year old son who is at school and a 10 month old that can now walk. So I know how hard it is! My daughter (10month old) is into everything her new trick is climbing on EVERYTHING! I look forward to her nap times lol xx

Hi, I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and I have a 5 year old son who is at school and a 10 month old that can now walk. So I know how hard it is! My daughter (10month old) is into everything her new trick is climbing on EVERYTHING! I look forward to her nap times lol xx

Lol I wish my LO still had naps haha then I could too!
You ladies are very brave having los so close together! My lo is a handfull at almost 3 couldn't imagine having a younger one to look after too, I always thought I'd have a smaller age gap between my Los but that changed once I had her haha x

Yep I have a 16 month old. Who is currently screaming the place down in her cot :(. It's 1:39pm and she still hasn't slept. We're both over tired lol

Xx

Yup I feel your pain. I have a 4 year old, who isn't in school yet, and a 17 month old toddler...I'm 12 weeks pregnant with #3 and exhausted, and still sick. Once the nausea let's up I'll feel more human again. Lol.

This pregnancy was a surprise to be honest. My lo is napping at the moment so it's my chill out time :) xx

Oh yeah. I have a VERY busy 16-month-old (other mums of toddlers have commented on this!). I am only 4 weeks along but am having serious cramps 24/7 (which are causing me some anxiety), heartburn, sore nipples, back pain and not so much energy. I'm already dreading slogging through another 8 months. Last time, at least I could nap when I wanted or go to bed early or whatever. My son has been sick lately and sleeping horribly. I really look forward to his naps, though he isn't wanting to nap much these days I'm afraid.... I am very grateful to have gotten pregnant again but I also know this is going to be hard.

I feel your pain, mine is 2 and I am feeling so sick all day still, the TV is on a lot more than usual at the mo!

I have a 14 month old... this one wasnt planned so I am a little in shock :) xx

With my dd my son was 14m and i vomited everyday til he was 20m and i hate hate hated it. Take heart ladies a newborn and toddler is way easier than pregnant and toddler!
This time round my kiddos are two and four and like celesse i can get then to play with each other when ds isnt at school. When ds has a hald day i put him in front of Cars. After lunch and dd has a nap and me too! Im hating it right now but after two losses its very much welcome and i keep hanging on that things will be easier once the baby is born.

Yes I have a 2.5 year old, work full time, have a small business, 3 horses, 1 dog, 1 cat, 15 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits and 2 gerbils...

Feel on top of the world!!!! NOT!

I'm knackered and have been since I fell pregnant, I'm now 14 weeks.

I'm very lucky I have a very supportive husband who will do the horses, put the boy to bed and cook... But my house is a mess, my car is filthy and I'm surprised I've not been sacked yet lol!

I have an 8 month old who is not crawling yet, which right now I am thankful for :haha: Just a bit crampy and headaches at the moment, I'm sure that will change in a couple of weeks though!

Lol I wish my LO still had naps haha then I could too!
You ladies are very brave having los so close together! My lo is a handfull at almost 3 couldn't imagine having a younger one to look after too, I always thought I'd have a smaller age gap between my Los but that changed once I had her haha x

Haha I always thought the same about having them close to each other but that changed once I had my son. He can be a handful too. He's a good boy but always been a terrible sleeper. He had improved a lot past 4-6 months since he's been in a proper bed but last few weeks has started waking up again in the night 1-2 times almost every night. I'm so tired from that and bring 5 weeks pregnant and being tired and feeling duck isn't helping! I'm just praying it only lasts got the first trimester! X

Yes I have a 2.5 year old, work full time, have a small business, 3 horses, 1 dog, 1 cat, 15 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits and 2 gerbils...

Feel on top of the world!!!! NOT!

I'm knackered and have been since I fell pregnant, I'm now 14 weeks.

I'm very lucky I have a very supportive husband who will do the horses, put the boy to bed and cook... But my house is a mess, my car is filthy and I'm surprised I've not been sacked yet lol!

Oh bump you poor thing!! Your post did make me laugh though!! I have a 16 month old and only work 3 days a week but I'm struggling at the moment. The house is a tip (and it goes on the market next week, oh god!!) and I have no energy to care about anything!

Our tv is also on a lot more than usual!

This is not what you want to hear but it gets better. I have a 2 year old a 3 year old and I work full time. Lots of naps, easy floor play and sadly some tv. 12 weeks on now and it's starting to get better. I still have off days but oh helps when he can but it's still hard. Just know you will get through it. Sorry I don't have much advice.
I have however let housework go a bit.

Embarrassing story. I currently have a pile of clean laundry hiding between two couches that we dig through for clothes in the mornings. Haven't had the energy to fold.

I have a terrible two year old haha! She's actually pretty good and passes me water when I'm sick! I always take her out in the mornings.. We then eat.. Put pjs on and chill in the afternoon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->