Anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay?

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
We don't know where to go! Me and hubs have 3 nights child free in Sept and usually go to Loch Lomond but were going to try somewhere new! But we don't know where - anyone know anywhere nice? We're in Cumbria so will go as far down as Birmingham - or as far up as we can get lol xx

ETA not Lake District please :)

Lodore Falls in the Lake District.

Seaham Hall

Feversham Arms (I think it's called that) in Helmsley. It has a gorgeous Spa.

We are going to The Hideaway at Baxby Manor (between Thirsk & York, just off the A19). We are camping but they have furnished Bell Tents which look gorgeous.

What do you fancy doing while you're away? Chilling or doing 'stuff?'

Chilling and doing stuff lol! Will look at the places you've mentioned. Not looking in the lakes though, I live here andits too close to home lol! Thank you xx

I thought it might be! I know my parents go to Lodore Falls a lot (my Dad is a snob so I know it will be posh!)

For things to do around Thirsk (there will be hotels that will be nice around there) you have Fountains Abbey (weather dependent), it is a massive ruin of a Abbey in beautiful grounds. Brimham Rocks, a large area which has naturally forming rock formations (looks like a prehistoric land), great for walking and climbing.

Also have a look at Ribblesdale Lodges. They are luxury lodges.

Come and stay with me :haha:

It's a romantic getaway Char :rofl: don't think you would want us romancing in your house hahaha.

The Feversham Arms look amazing, will check out the lodges too (others don't have availability) xx

The Canal :rofl: he suggested going on a narrow boat the other day. I nearly wet myself laughing! I said no way is he driving me around on a bloody boat, we would tip it or something! Xx

Come and stay with me :haha:

Setting off now. Do you do All Inclusive or is it B&B only?

:rofl:

It's a 'there's some tea bags in the cupboard and some bread in the bread bin' type jobby :winkwink:

You can take your romance to the field at the end of my road... Or perhaps to the canal...

Mmmmm luuuuurve.

Pffft....I at least expect Breakfast in bed.

Mummymay, have a look at Travelzoo as well. They have some fab deals on hotel breaks all over the country. Might also be good for inspiration

The Canal :rofl: he suggested going on a narrow boat the other day. I nearly wet myself laughing! I said no way is he driving me around on a bloody boat, we would tip it or something! Xx

I meant tip it by crashing it or jamming in a lock or something.... That sounded rude shiiitttttt

Seaham hall is fab, I was there on Thursday at the spa !

Raywell hall inbetween York and hull is fab, it's little lodges with a hot tub on the balcony etc it's fab x

Hahahaha, I instantly thought you meant it rudely :haha:

I dont go that far north, I get nose bleeds :rofl:

Aaah okay I was going to suggest flying to Dublin, fab short break x

Be too costly I think - OH said Dublin is REALLY expensive when you get there xx

Chester is nice. Lovely shops, nice bars and lots of places to eat, also has Chesire Oaks the designer outlet which again has more places to eat, there's also a big retail park with restaurants and a cinema. It's probably one of my favourite places and the Hilton Hotel and Spa is a lovely hotel, we often stay there when we go to Chester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->