Anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay?

Ooo, I agree with Laura!

Chester is lovely xxx

I have heard that but the only thing that put me off is that MIL often goes and she would be there telling me everything I SHOULD be doing, and I like to explore lol! I am gonna look though because my friend lives not too far from there and I don't get to see her much xxx

Are you foodies? It's only just outside the Lake District but Hipping Hall in Yorkshire is great. I don't know why it's not a Michelin star! Food is obviously great, lovely hotel rooms in a country house, pretty scenery and local walks.

Buxton or Harrogate are both great spa towns with countryside all around. Buxton has the pavilion which is lovely, and walks in Peak District and a train ride into Manchester if you fancy it. Harrogate has Betty's tearooms (yum!).

Or Manchester for a city break? Amazing cocktail bars, restaurants, theatre, Comedy Store (where many a famous comedian started out), live music venues, craft and boutique shops, ice skating in Altrincham or skiing and snow sports at Chill Factore.

Mm cake! And I've heard so much about Betty's lol! Will look at both, thanks xx

We always stop at landmark trust or vivat trust properties.
Xx

Chester is nice. Lovely shops, nice bars and lots of places to eat, also has Chesire Oaks the designer outlet which again has more places to eat, there's also a big retail park with restaurants and a cinema. It's probably one of my favourite places and the Hilton Hotel and Spa is a lovely hotel, we often stay there when we go to Chester.

Looks good, how close to actual Chester/ other places is it? Just incase we didn't want to eat there every night xx

We love York, I hope hubby will take me later this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->