Anyone remember their exact BFP moment....

sue_88

Reaction score
Told my friend today that I got my BFP at 8:20am on Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 @ 15DPO

and she was shocked I remembered it in such detail.

Anyone else got that special moment engrained in their brain? :baby: :flower:

i remember going to pee and thinking you know what the digi is annoying the life outta me, so i pee'd on it, tossed it on the side and when i looked it said "pregnant 2-3"

i'd only used it to get rid of it, i seriously wasn't expecting a BFP..... I know the date exactly, day before hubby's birthday........ he got the best 30th birthday present he could have wished for and was so so so happy. I however was shell shocked, really wasn't expecing that BFP

It was the day after we had just gotten hit by a hurricane, October 30th, and I went into work that morning for a client - we have a pharmacy next door that I popped into beforehand to grab some things and the test was a last minute grab as I wasn't sure if it was still too early to test but figured why the heck not. Took it right at work and got the faintest of lines - I had to get one of my co-workers to look at the test with me and she saw the line too! It was torture waiting for OH to get home that night since I had known from like 8:30 in the morning and he didn't get home until like 6:30 that night - ugh! It took everything not to just text him or call him with the news lol

August 21st, around 6pm. I had one last pregnancy test, and I just **knew** I wasn't pregnant. I didn't want that stupid test in the house anymore, so I just peed on it to get rid of it. I almost fainted when I saw a pink line come right up. I ran straight to the store, and bought 1 of every brand of pregnancy test. My husband was at the gym, so it was amazing to be able to present him with a digital that said "Pregnant" on it when he got home. It was a magical night :)

Oh yes :) Saturday, September 22nd (first day of autumn) at around 10 PM. Got the test at the last minute, since I figured my cycles were just getting longer. I will never forget that night!

Weds Sept 12th about 5:30pm.............

I had my first inkling on the Sunday before in the bath (thought my boobs looked very slightly different!), then I had odd cramps on the Monday and Tues that were kind of like PMT, but not exactly. Then on the Weds I had supervision (I'm a trainee counsellor), and mentioned it to my supervisor who was adamant that I needed to do a test.

Stopped and bought one on the way home, went into the bathroom. I remember the first line appearing and thought that the diagram was wrong about which side the "not pregnant" line should be on, until the second line appeared....... I will never forget the huge hit of panic, shock, elation and fear all at once!!!!! :)

Called out to my fiancee and told him he'd better sit down - he went an interesting shade of white when I told him lol.

Looking back, the shock was the weirdest thing - we actually conceived immediately, the very first time we had unprotected sex, and hadn't tracked ovulation or anything, we just got lucky :)

27th September at 10DPO ....I was sooo gob smacked as I really didn't think we had caught that month but thought I'd test anyway! Took a photo and sent it to OH right away then rang my cousin :lol: I was so excited!!

X

I knew I wouldn't be the only one! :D

It is an amazing moment!

I remember driving to work & having to work all day knowing the secret! Strangely enough I actually can't remember anything from work, just the morning!

oh yes i was in portugal on a girls holiday, monday 24th Sept at 8am, 13dpo, i had a dream i was pregnant and it woke me up and i ran to nearest shop :haha: then started crying when it turned positive! took another 3 during the week holiday as i just didnt believe it lol.

5:30am 4th September 2012 10dpo.
I woke up super early and decided to test whilst dh was asleep. I'd already taken a test a couple of days before which was negative and dh told me off because it was too early. Thinking it would be negative I did it in secret. Nearly fell off the loo :haha:
Just started screaming and crying. After 5yrs it was a massive shock to actually see two lines. Must have done a test everyday for a week after that :haha:

August 20th I believe? Afternoon-ish. Peed on a test at my friends house and threw it away when it was negative. An hour later I went to pee again and saw the faintest line in the trash. Went straight home and got hubby and went and bought more tests. The next morning I took one first waking up and remember sitting there staring as the faint line appeared. Took the other test that evening and it got darker. Went on a spree and bought a bunch more tests. Took a digital that night that said not pregnant and got disappointed but something told me buy another digital the next day and I did and sure enough it said "pregnant". Probably bought 20 more tests lol and went to the doctor to confirm on the 25th. Hubby was so scared and didn't believe it til he saw the first ultrasound lol.

September 1st around 6 PM. Hubs was taking a nap and I was getting ready for us to go out for dinner. I was 20DPO and even tho my cycles are never regular, i was convinced i was a few days late. I had 10 cheapy tests that came in a bundle with the OPKs I got off Ebay so I figured why not. I dipped it and sat it on the soap holder by my continued putting my make up on and outta the corner of my eye I saw 2 lines show up. Thinking the tests were inaccurate, i dipped 3 more only to get the same result. By this time my hands are shaking. I ran out to the dollar store and bought 5 tests. Used two of them..more BFPs. So i figured it was time to wake up hubs. Still not convinced because they weren't done with FMU I decided to take a few more in the AM and when i was still getting BFPs I decided to run to Walgreens and get a digital. Sure enough...PREGNANT. And with it being a holiday weekend i wouldn't have been able to get in to see the doc until Tuesday, I decided to go to the ER and get it confirmed by blood test. HCG was 240. I cried when i got in the car to leave. After 2+ years TTC and an early MC in June..we were pregnant!! Now I'm 36 weeks tomorrow with our rainbow baby and couldn't be more anxious to meet him!
Even the blood tests (5 HCG tests done two days apart each) didn't convince hubs, he didn't believe it until the first ultrasound at 5w2 d

Monday 5th November at about 8pm - I was 2 days late but I'd been a week late the month before and I had no symptoms, didn't think I was pregnant at all. Went to get into the bath, opened my bedside cupboard and found a clear blue digi that I had and for some reason decided to test - i still don't know why i did.

Pee'd on the stick, left it on the side and started running my bath, got the shock of my life when within a minute 'pregnant 2-3' popped up.

So much so I didn't say anything to the o/h that night because I convinced myself the test was out of date and wrong, called at the supermarket on the way to work the next morning and bought a double pack - same result.

I made the doctors do a test just to confirm it though that afternoon even though they were adamant 3 hpt's wouldn't be wrong - it's not that hard to pee on a stick but I was convinced I'd done it wrong!!

Saturday the 29th of September at 2:30 pm I was due to go into hospital on the Monday morning for a tubual patancy test as I only have the left Fallopian tube (due to 3 ectopic pregnancies) I did not under any circumstances think I was pregnant as we have been ttc for 5 years and I was told to make sure I wasn't pregnant before I went into hospital so thought I better buy a test so I got a clear blue digital as I just wanted a definite answers and no lines to confuse me and I tone the test put it in the kitchen and checks on it a few mins later and there in big beautiful letters it says pregnant 1-2....... Well I screamed from the top of my voice, my hubby was at work until 9pm and my daughter was down stairs, she got such a fright coz I was jumping around mad I grabbed her and ran to my friends house over the road and threw the test at her! Lol longest day of my life waiting on my hubby coming home, he was sooooo happy and it was the best feeling ever calling the hospital to cancel my appointment as I said I won't be able to attend as I have just found out we are expecting! Yaaayy we had to wait 2 weeks for an early scan to confirm the location of my bubba and when they told me he was ok and in my womb I cried for about an hour! One of the happiest days of my life! Xxxx

9/24/12 @ 9-10dpo, digi said prego the next day! was sooo completely excited and shocked at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

29th October, 5am. I tested 12DPO and remember so clearly sitting on the loo looking at the second line that had appeared in a matter of seconds, thinking "oh my God, we've finally done it". I took a minute before going into the bedroom and waking Hubbie up with a prod and a " look! there's a baby line!" waving the stick at him! I still have that first positive test in my bedside table, I just can't throw it away.

I don't remember exact time was early morning after dd woke up on October 17th. Had one test left and for whatever reason just decided to pee on it didn't think it would come back positive. Got up washed my hands changed my daughter went back and looked and what do ya know :bfp: my dd walked into the bathroom and I told her she was gonna be a big sister :)

22nd sept -we'd been told only days before that we weren't pregnant by a really rather rude young doctor. I remember feeling a bit numb, as I had always been told it would be difficult but something in my gut said I was. On the 22nd about 8pm after a shower I have no idea why I decided to test, to my shock I turned around and saw pregnant :), OH was working till 2 so only got home at 3am. I left him a rather critic message which scared him until he got home and I took another test and walked thought and showed him. I'll never know why I tested but I'm so glad I did :). X

Labor Day! The morning after returning from a weekend away with our friends and a concert. I hadn't thought it was our month at all but on the ride home I realized no period yet. I figured I'd test the next morning. I was very very shocked to watch the second line appear and ran in to wake up DH with the test. :)

I love remembering that morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->