Anyone remember their exact BFP moment....

September 11th. We had done iui on the 31st so I was 11dpo. The fertility nurse told me to wait 2 weeks before doing an hpt but I couldn't wait. I had a very faint line and you couldn't even tell in a photo... so my sister didn't believe me when I sent her the picture. I poas again later that day and the line was darker so I sent her another photo and she believed me. I called dh in tears. At this point he was used to the tears because I would always cry when getting my period for the last 4 years of ttc. I then tried to articulate that they were happy tears and he was very excited. It was our second attempt at iui.

I don't remember the date, but I do remember that my husbands reaction was to (try) and have sex LOL

MEN!

September 22 about 5:30pm :)

We had ttc since February 2011. I didn't ovulate or have regular periods. We had stopped ttc and just ntnp in August 2012, and bought a house on September 14. I had been feeling off, I couldn't really put a finger on what was wrong though. Since we had ttc for so long I had a huge stash of tests, so I took one just because (I took one every so often anyways since I had all those tests). I had never seen two pink lines before and didn't expect to that time, but seconds after I dipped the test 2 lines came up! I freaked out, was shaking and everything. I went and got more tests including a digi that I was saving and they were all positive. I tried calling DH (he was at work) bug he didn't answer, so I texted him a pic of the digi and one if. He called immediately and was thinking I was messing with him :) He's still mad that I told him in a text lol! I found out 3 days later that I was 6w3d when I found out, that's why the lines were so strong. These were my tests :)

Attachments

• 543887_572048512811010_850611165_n.jpg
    543887_572048512811010_850611165_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
26th October 2:30pm. I woke up that friday feeling sick, but didn't think much of it (my dh and I had been trying for close on 3 yrs). My friend picked me up and we drove around town and I just started feeling worse. To get the "u myt b pregnant" thought out my head I bought 2 tests. Wen we got home that afternoon I went straight to the bathroom, did the test. Watched the dye (I always do) and wen no second line came up I cleaned up, turned back to the test to throw it away and to my absolute shock, a second line. Showed my friend, freaked out thinking it was a bad evap (line was pretty good and visable) my friend took me to get bloods done privately. Got them done came back positive within half an hour!!!!!! That nyt we went to a superhero party (dh was late) so I waited in the kitchen for him holding a sign that said 'Daddy is my superhero' over my tummy, took him awhile but he eventually got it!!!! He started crying!!

I remember both as clear as day. With my first LO it was around 9pm on the 24th of june 2011 on a clear blue digi in my SIL's bathroom lol. Was so not expecting a positive result but OH and i were so happy. With this LO it was the 24th of october (our anniversary) i was just back from shopping and about to eat dinner so it was around 6pm. Within seconds two dark pink lines appeared and i couldn't eat my dinner as i was in complete shock lol

24th august at about 9.30am...was at oh grandparents house as we were picking them up as they were coming to stay with us as we having a house warming party the next day...(we moved in at beginning of august)
2 weeks previous we had been told after 4yrs ttc and 3 losses tjhat we would need ivf to conceive....so we threw ourselves into new house...planning party and a big drink for me lol! dr said that as we having more tests done that i should still test monthly..even tho i was v v irregular cycles...so that morning at his nans i had bought one cheapie from tesco that morning...not sure why butjust to do even tho i knew it was going to be negative...so got back to his nans..oh nipped to his mums briefly and i poas...saw one line and went to put test in bin...then i glanced again....and a very very faint second line was there!! i went and got his nan and asked her and she said i can definitely see something....then the line got a bit darker and OH returned from his mumsand i showed him the test and he looked and then he had to look again because he expected it to be no and then was like omg youore not are you!! biggrin on face...on way to ours we stopped via tesco aqnd i bought a clearblue digi and to my shame lol i went to tesco toilets and did the test...i just had to know lol!! within a minute pregnant came upand then 1-2 weeks! i ran outside to the car and put the test up against the drivers window to oh and he started shouting and wahooin and so did his grandoarents lol...needless to say i didnt drink at our party and took 15 hpt and at 7 weeks pregnant first saw hb on an early scan :D xxxxxx

We got pregnant on they very very first try :) i remember the days before getting bfp being absolutely shattered, soooo fatigued! I also remember getting to work and I was about to unlock the door when I felt I couldn't function unless I ate so went up the shops for sausage rolls :) The day I got my bfp I got a very faint line on a frer and didn't think much of it, went down town to get my hair done and on the way home i bought a cb digital and a bottle of wine haha and as soon as I saw (pregnant 1-2) it was the most numbing amazing disbelieving feeling i have ever felt, (bottle of wine went straight down the sink) That day has def been ingrained into my brain :)

September 5th 2012, at 2.30pm in the afternoon.

Hubs and I had decided to take a break from TTC for a few months because it was making me crazy, but I had a big pack of cheap eBay preg tests still in the bathroom cabinet. It was my day off work and my period was due that day, I normally get terrible back cramps about 12 hours before my period arrived, and I hadn't had them, so I started wondering....

I just did a test to prove to myself that I wasn't, because I knew if I didn't I'd be getting all excited about my period being late. I can honestly say that I was 99.9% sure the test was going to be negative, but it wasn't!

I started shaking and crying when I realised it was positive, and had to wait the rest of the day for my husband to get in from work. He had told me in the past that he would want me to tell him face to face, so it was so hard to sound normal when we were chatting on the phone that day when he was still at work.

As soon as he got in from work I ran down the stairs to tell him, and burst into tears. He thought the test was wrong so we went to buy some 'real' tests (rather than eBay cheap ones) and as soon as we got home I did a test that came up a strong positive in about 20 seconds, and then a clear blue digital that came up 'pregnant 2-3'.

That was one of the best days of my life, making me smile just thinking about it!

It was the day after we had just gotten hit by a hurricane, October 30th, and I went into work that morning for a client - we have a pharmacy next door that I popped into beforehand to grab some things and the test was a last minute grab as I wasn't sure if it was still too early to test but figured why the heck not. Took it right at work and got the faintest of lines - I had to get one of my co-workers to look at the test with me and she saw the line too! It was torture waiting for OH to get home that night since I had known from like 8:30 in the morning and he didn't get home until like 6:30 that night - ugh! It took everything not to just text him or call him with the news lol

Same for me! I tested in work on Thursday 18th October just after lunch after I had popped out to the shops with my friend. I sneakily bought some tests and thought I'd test in work for the heck of it! Was having all the symptoms of :witch: coming but to my surprise it came up positive almost immediately I couldn't believe it! Had a little cry went back to my desk and did another half hour later! Safe to say I didn't do a lot of work that afternoon! Just stared into space with a big fat grin on my face. Left work walked out the doors, and this sounds majorly corny but for some reason I looked up and there was a huge cloud with the biggest and clearest silver lining I've ever seen! I don't usually believe in that sorta stuff but it was so pretty I thought my gosh that's a sign! Had to wait til 8pm that evening for hubby to get home and tell him face to face was longest wait ever!! My heart was pounding! So amazing! Best day ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->