Anyone scan at 5 wks?.....Update

mybabyluv3

Reaction score
I have my first appointment on Thurs when according to LMP will be at 5 wks. I asked to be seen as soon as possible due to being high risk and getting pregnant after a tubal reversal. I really should be getting my betas checked but I've read that scans can happen at 5-6 wks and show a sac. I am hoping I can get scanned on Thurs. I am a nervous wreck. I just want to know that this bean is in the right place, snug in my uterus.

Make sure they do an internal ultrasound. At that stage it would be difficult to see anything with an abdominal ultrasound. I also have a retroverted uterus so needed internal u/s at 8 weeks too. Basically at 6 weeks 3 days they did a scan and couldnt see anything, then they did internal and straight away saw baby with a heartbeat. Best f luck for your appointment.

I'm not even sure that they will try, but hoping that they will.

I went thru IVF and due to that process I'm under constant monitoring so I went in at 5weeks and 4 days to have a transvaginal scan to make sure I wasn't having an eptopic pregnancy we were able to see a sack with a yolk sac but no baby The doctor didn't seem concerned since it was so early I go back this Thursday for another ultrasound I'll b 6weeks and 6 days I'm praying I get to see a heart beat...... Good luck with ur scan I hope ur bean is in the right place all snuggled in :)

I had a scan at 5 weeks and just saw a yolk sac, went back at 6+5 and saw heartbeat.
Good luck x

Due to two previous losses I had my first scan at 4 weeks and we saw a sac via abdominal u/s. Neither of us expected to see anything that early. At 5 weeks you should see a sac via internal if not external.

We also saw a heartbeat via abdominal at 6+1 so I may also be a few days earlier than my LMP says. I go back at 9+1 for a dating scan.

i was overweight when pregnant with DS. we were scanned at 5+1 and saw what looked like a blob of grey chewing gum on the screen. it was an abdominal one, so we just saw that everything was where it was meant to be and the doc was happy with what he saw for that stage.

GL!

Hi,

Just wanted to offer you reassurance like most of the other ladies on here have.

I went in for a Fertility appointment and had an internal scan done to check my uterus, as I keep having repeated miscarriages. And shockingly (because we'd been preventing but obviously not well enough!!) they found a sac and yolk, I was measured to be 5w pregnant. I then went back on Monday when I should have been 6w+4d and we saw a fetal pole (well a blob to me!) with a heartbeat, I was measured to be 6w+5d.

Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be fine, will be stalking the thread to see how you get on xxx

I had a scan at 5-6 weeks (to check for pcos) that's when they found out I was pregnant. They had to do an internal ultrasound and saw the yolk sac and a heartbeat x:thumbup:

I went thru IVF and due to that process I'm under constant monitoring so I went in at 5weeks and 4 days to have a transvaginal scan to make sure I wasn't having an eptopic pregnancy we were able to see a sack with a yolk sac but no baby The doctor didn't seem concerned since it was so early I go back this Thursday for another ultrasound I'll b 6weeks and 6 days I'm praying I get to see a heart beat...... Good luck with ur scan I hope ur bean is in the right place all snuggled in :)

Do you know what your betas were at 5 wks 4 days? Hope it's good news for Blyth of us Tmorro.

Thank you everyone. I can't wait till morn. Will post my good news as soon as I'm back.

I had a scan at 5 weeks 3 days. It had to be a transvaginal( internal) to see anything. All we saw was a gestational sac and a yolk sac.
I've added my scan for you too see

https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/1435361A-8FCD-4FD8-A4D8-31E81ED9E5C6-6745-0000062E4C017112_zpsd3592973.jpg

Aww, look at that. It's amazing how we get so excited over something we have no clue what we're looking at, lol. Thank you for that. I am feeling a lil more confident tonight. I went and had my blood drawn and picked up the results today. Beta was 1981 on Mon so it's doing something.

I had my 1st scan at 4W+6D using intravaginal scan, and it showed the gestational sac and yolk, so I am thinking you will def see something. Good luck with the scan.

So after my all day event at the hospital I'm still left wondering. I got my scan today like I hoped for and nothing is in the tube but nothing in the womb neither. Well an empty sac. The sonographer says to me that she sees something that looks like a pregnancy. That's the most I got. I'm not even sure if they want me to call and make the appointment for the 2nd scan or a I supposed to wait for them to call me. The not knowing is torture. According to my LMP I'm just 5 wks today. Hoping and praying that it's just too early yet.

If you ovulated late it could just be to early to see anything. Good luck hun. Definitely go for the follow up scan

Oh I am definitely gonna follow up unless something comes up before then. What really worries me is that I had a nice beta on Monday. It was 1981. If it is doubling like it should I would think for sure they should be able to see a lil more.

Do you know what your betas were at 5 wks 4 days? Hope it's good news for Blyth of us Tmorro.

Not sure what my betas were they told me the numbers but I'm not good with #'s all I know is the nurse said it was good numbers as for my scan today it went great!!! Saw my beans heart beat and everything looks good...... How was ur scan?

Not sure what my betas were they told me the numbers but I'm not good with #'s all I know is the nurse said it was good numbers as for my scan today it went great!!! Saw my beans heart beat and everything looks good...... How was ur scan

Happy everything went great for one of us today. You're halfway through this 1st trimester stuff. :happydance:

So after my all day event at the hospital I'm still left wondering. I got my scan today like I hoped for and nothing is in the tube but nothing in the womb neither. Well an empty sac. The sonographer says to me that she sees something that looks like a pregnancy. That's the most I got. I'm not even sure if they want me to call and make the appointment for the 2nd scan or a I supposed to wait for them to call me. The not knowing is torture. According to my LMP I'm just 5 wks today. Hoping and praying that it's just too early yet.

Hang in there hun, at 5 weeks they only saw a sac and yolk, it was so insignificant in my head I told hubby I couldn't be pregnant and then a week and half later I was measuring at 6w+5d and there was a heartbeat. I know it's disheartening not to see much more but a lot of people don't see anything this early on, it's good you saw the sac. You can imagine it's tiny and sonographer might just not have been able to get a good look in xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->