Anyone scared they won't be able to get pregnant?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
It's probably an irrational fear of mine, but for some reason I can't help but think that I can't get pregnant. I've never TTC or anything, it just really freaks me out. I think that knowing what can happen, especially being on here and seeing that pregnancy isn't always the magical journey they show on TV, I've become almost terrified of when it comes time to TTC, because I'm going to be so anxious about it.

Any other WTTers have this fear?

Alllll the time. And like you, I have no experience yet of ttc so have no real reason to worry (regular cycles, my mom's side of the family is hugggge - no problems in the family, etc, fairly healthy). But i just keep thinking 'you never know'. I think it's pretty natural to worry when you want something so much!
Try not to worry, though, hopefully it'll all be ok! :thumbup:

i think its only natural to have those worries. i was the same as i have always wanted children i was worried i wouldnt be able to when the time came, thankfully i fell pregnant with callum on my second cycle, but i still worry that i was a fluke and i wont beable to fall again.

Some people in my family cannot have babies of their own. I'm terrified I might be one of them too.

Yes! I worry about this all the time. I have irregular cycles already and I am just terrified I will have a hard time getting pregnant or not be able to get pregnant at all. My biggest dream in life is to be a mother and always has been so you can imagine how much this fear weighs on me.

My mom had 4 daughters with no problems (and I was an accident) and all of my sisters have a child, but they had children young and later developed problems. Two have been diagnosed with PCOS. So even though I'm only 22, I still feel like my clock is already ticking. DH just doesn't understand. :(

I used to have super regular cycles when I was younger, then I gained quite a bit of weight. Last year I lost about 30 lbs and after that for about 3 months I had a period every month like clockwork once again. Then I gained all that weight back. I'm now in the process of trying to lose the weight again (and I'm down 10 lbs!) in hopes that I'll start getting periods regularly again. I'm also starting to take Vitex and Maca and desperately hoping and praying that when my time to start TTC comes I will be able to get pregnant.

Yes! I worry about this all the time. I have irregular cycles already and I am just terrified I will have a hard time getting pregnant or not be able to get pregnant at all. My biggest dream in life is to be a mother and always has been so you can imagine how much this fear weighs on me.

My mom had 4 daughters with no problems (and I was an accident) and all of my sisters have a child, but they had children young and later developed problems. Two have been diagnosed with PCOS. So even though I'm only 22, I still feel like my clock is already ticking. DH just doesn't understand. :(

I used to have super regular cycles when I was younger, then I gained quite a bit of weight. Last year I lost about 30 lbs and after that for about 3 months I had a period every month like clockwork once again. Then I gained all that weight back. I'm now in the process of trying to lose the weight again (and I'm down 10 lbs!) in hopes that I'll start getting periods regularly again. I'm also starting to take Vitex and Maca and desperately hoping and praying that when my time to start TTC comes I will be able to get pregnant.

I was really scared and then my last tww i really thought i'd done it and was over the moon, when my AF started this morning i don't think i've ever felt so scared and upset, or if i have not for a long time

I was totally convinced I would not be able to conceive. As it turned out, we did have problems but the wonders of medicine mean that even if there are problems, lots of them can be dealt with. I had a positive pregnancy test this morning! :happydance: First pregnancy and I am now just paranoid that something else will go wrong - I'm starting to think that this might be part of becoming a Mum.

yep it is hun, the worrying never stops it just moves on to another thing

i have to admit to being nervous if i'm honest, i'm scared that it won't work - and we have less chance because we're doing it by artificial insemination and i dont' know how fertile i am!!!!!

Hey hun, I worry about this all the time!! 2 years ago we TTC for 6 months and nothing happened, at the time it all got too much for me, so we gave up after the 6 month mark. We have just decided to start again at the end of April and I am terrified that we wont be able to do it!!! I think that everyone has this fear at some point or another- I just hope that if there is a problem that the doctors etc can help us. Good luck

I've been worried for ages (MC at 18) even had surgery to check I was okay inside (which I am, no problem with my girly parts) but I still worry.. ha ha

I was convinced of this, then got pregnant as soon as we first tried but then had mc after mc (the latest at 16+4) so i began to be convinced i'd never carry full term but then Poppy came along! I think its natural to worry about it sweetie, but the less you worry the better xxxxxxxx

I do worry about this sometimes, but worrying can make it harder to fall pregnant, nobody in my family has had trouble falling pregnant, luckily.

I don't feel like as much of a kook :rofl: I thought I was just crazy, but I am - we all are!

Thanks for the encouraging words... I don't think the worrying will ever stop when it comes to motherhood... When you are are WTT - you worry you won't be able to get preg when TTC. When you are TTC - you worry each month why you're not getting pregnant. When you are pregnant - you worry each day about the baby inside. and when the baby is born, you worry about them each day.... Quite the cycle.

i have to admit to being nervous if i'm honest, i'm scared that it won't work - and we have less chance because we're doing it by artificial insemination and i dont' know how fertile i am!!!!!

you have just as much chance by AI, thats how my son was concieved, just make sure you time it well.

yes :(. i was stupid as a teen and i didn't use any contraception with my boyfriend and i never even had a scare! it makes me feel like when the time comes for me to TTC i will fail miserably, especially now because all i want is a family with my OH.

totally terrified that I won't be able to conceive. then me and the hubs decided at the beginning of this month that we would move our ttc date from february 2011 up to august 2010, i went in to see my chinese dr. and after her reviewing my bloodwork it shows my estradiol (estrogen) is WAY low. She said with it that low I wouldn't be able to get pregnant. I started bawling instantly after she asked if we had kids yet. BUT....I go for bloodwork again at the end of this month to see where my levels are at.

Scared shi*less for sure. But I have faith that all things happen for a reason, and what is meant to be will be.

I'm scared that I won't be able to get pregnant.
Especially because I used to be quiet regular and 2 months ago I had a weird late & short period, then last month it was normal and on time, and now its 3 days late again.. I hate it!!

Makes me wonder, maybe I don't ovulate?? :wacko:
That's why I started temping my BBT a few days ago!

I am literally terrified.

I know this sounds soooo stupid but I don't know what I'm going to do if we don't conceive the first cycle or two... I just have all these plans in my head that don't involve going cycle after cycle after cycle, which I know is horrible but I can't help feeling that way.

I have taken pregnancy tests before (hoping that they would come out negative at the time) and when only one line shows up, a little piece of me still got really sad, even though I was actually hoping for a negative. I can't even begin to imagine really really wanting that BFP to show up, and getting a negative.

I feel like I have never wanted anything in life more than this, and it is one of the only things that I really don't have control over. It kills me because I am sort of a control freak in general :blush: but I think that is one of the reasons why I am so nervous.

I think we just all need to keep telling ourselves that we will get our BFP when the time is right for us, and that we were meant to have that particular special baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->